Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 07:32 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,961,962 times

Advertisements

YouTube - ライクーダー Across The Borderline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 07:43 PM

27,668 posts, read 16,160,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post

I am sure the haters will come out to bash this post. And I understand their arguments. But they should walk a mile in my shoes first. Or better yet, walk for many weary miles in an illegal immigrant’s shoes.
Haters? Try lovers, lovers of this country. Illegals can take their sorry buts to the back of the line and wear the shoes of those that have been patiently in line. Then when they get here legally they can show some respect and say the Pledge. If you understood anti-illegals argument then you might want a little border security, not unchecked immigration.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:52 PM

131 posts, read 420,452 times
Quote:
I am conservative. In some ways I am extremely conservative. But I “stand in solidarity” with the activists and liberals on this one.
I was born and raised in Texas and moved to Cali in 1965. I have had experience with Mexican and Hispanic people all my life. (Heck, the first girl I ever kissed was a Mexican girl.) I can say with complete confidence that they truly only want to come here and better their lives and their families’ lives.

We need these people here because they work their behinds off and they love their kids, and they will do the work that some of the laziest among us will not. And do it with a smile on their face and a song in their heart. This I know for an absolute fact.

Now sure, we need to keep out the crazies and the gangsters. And we need orderly and monitored immigration. But I say bring them in as many as want to come over.

I am sure the haters will come out to bash this post. And I understand their arguments. But they should walk a mile in my shoes first. Or better yet, walk for many weary miles in an illegal immigrant’s shoes.

That is all.
Goodnight and good luck.
No bleeding hearts here. Have some integrity and come into this country via legal channels, rather than leaching off of our tax money. It's not the criminals that we mostly complain about, it's the normal day laborers that kill us the most. These are the people we see everyday, and many of them have anchor babies, which FURTHER put the strain on our system. Hopefully CA gets their act in order and cuts all state benefits to illegals. It really doesn't make any sense to support their lifestyles for free.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
There is a place where I’ve been told
Every street is paved with gold
And its just across the borderline
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection

These are the lyrics to a song by Ry Cooder(played guitar on the Stones song “Sister Morphine”) and from the movie Borderline starring Jack Nicholson and Harvey Keitel. Download the song and rent the movie and check it out. You cannot help but be moved by this tale.

I am conservative. In some ways I am extremely conservative. But I “stand in solidarity” with the activists and liberals on this one.
I was born and raised in Texas and moved to Cali in 1965. I have had experience with Mexican and Hispanic people all my life. (Heck, the first girl I ever kissed was a Mexican girl.) I can say with complete confidence that they truly only want to come here and better their lives and their families’ lives.

We need these people here because they work their behinds off and they love their kids, and they will do the work that some of the laziest among us will not. And do it with a smile on their face and a song in their heart. This I know for an absolute fact.

Now sure, we need to keep out the crazies and the gangsters. And we need orderly and monitored immigration. But I say bring them in as many as want to come over.

That is all.
Goodnight and good luck.
Mexico is not a poor country by compared to 90% of the world: why do the peons run away vs. fighting for their rights in their OWN nation?

Last edited by Yac; 05-17-2010 at 07:17 AM..

Old 05-15-2010, 08:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Mexico is not a poor country by compared to 90% of the world: why do the peons run away vs. fighting for their rights in their OWN nation?
Why fight for it when you can cross the border illegally and demand it? LOL and have idiots go along with it.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:22 PM

317 posts, read 405,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Really? Not even 1 person born here who waves a flag? Not even 1 vet who was born here and went to war???? Not even 1 police officer, fireman,border patrol agent, not even 1 of these?
That said your argument is deeply flawed. Those people who were born here were born with the right to be here. Illegals however only demand rights they don't have.
I meant the people waving the Mexican flags. Many of the kids waving the Mexican flags were born here, yet you assume they are all illegal immigrants

Old 05-15-2010, 08:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
I meant the people waving the Mexican flags. Many of the kids waving the Mexican flags were born here.
I stand corrected. Those born here and waving their flags? Just shows what a total lack of judgment they must have.
Years ago a young Italian American kid asked me" whats your nationality?"
I replied American.
He said no what are you?
I replied American.
He said no what is your blood your ancestors?
I replied American.
By this time he was frustrated. He said you look german or something so you aint a indian. So what were your ancestors?
I replied. If I go back far enough German and shoshone, but I don't care where they came from. I care where I am at, and I care that at least 5 generations in my family have worn the uniform of the United States of America.
Sorry but I just don't get the whole deal about italian american irish american or what ever. We are Americans and that is what matters to me.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:00 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,162,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I stand corrected. Those born here and waving their flags? Just shows what a total lack of judgment they must have.
Years ago a young Italian American kid asked me" whats your nationality?"
I replied American.
He said no what are you?
I replied American.
He said no what is your blood your ancestors?
I replied American.
By this time he was frustrated. He said you look german or something so you aint a indian. So what were your ancestors?
I replied. If I go back far enough German and shoshone, but I don't care where they came from. I care where I am at, and I care that at least 5 generations in my family have worn the uniform of the United States of America.
Sorry but I just don't get the whole deal about italian american irish american or what ever. We are Americans and that is what matters to me.
So you're only half American then. Everyone I know goes by their blood line which is in general european

Old 05-16-2010, 04:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
Quote:
There is a place where I’ve been told
Every street is paved with gold
And its just across the borderline
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection

These are the lyrics to a song by Ry Cooder(played guitar on the Stones song “Sister Morphine”) and from the movie Borderline starring Jack Nicholson and Harvey Keitel. Download the song and rent the movie and check it out. You cannot help but be moved by this tale.

That is all.
Goodnight and good luck.
Here's a better song:

YouTube - ''EL ILEGAL'' joan sebastian

Last edited by Yac; 05-17-2010 at 07:18 AM..

Old 05-16-2010, 05:06 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
And there's even this group -- as unbelievable as it seems --

YouTube - El Mojado Acaudalado - Tigres del Norte

Me estas esperando Mexico lindo (Beautiful Mexico you wait for me
Por eso mismo me voy a ir (But I'm going to go right now
Soy el mojado acaudalado (I'm a rich wet - back
Moderator cut: shortened.This is 1) copyrighted and 2) not in English.

Last edited by Yac; 05-17-2010 at 07:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration