Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 06:09 AM

27,694 posts, read 16,186,489 times

Advertisements

when you arrive you fly the flag of no opportunity, what gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 08:37 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,166,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Enquiring minds wish to know as well...........

Old 05-15-2010, 08:44 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,539,091 times
Here's the opportunity:

Oldie but goodie, we know how things are now. VDARE.com: 12/16/04 - Immigration Moments That Changed A California Budget Analyst’s Mind

Old 05-15-2010, 12:25 PM

706 posts, read 941,158 times
Quote:
Usually, it is the Taxpayer who "gives" to cover the costs of education,incarceration, Health care and any other "services" that are made available to illegal aliens.

All of this occurs while they wave the flag of another country in my face and make their demands.........

Si Se Puede, My a$$ !

Old 05-15-2010, 12:40 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,840,457 times
another great thread

Old 05-15-2010, 02:33 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,633,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
another great thread

Agreed. But the US is increasingly slowly but surely becoming not the land of opportunity for illegal aliens.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:34 PM

317 posts, read 405,354 times
Quote:
What about the people waving those flags who were born here? They didn't risk anything.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:01 PM

131 posts, read 420,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Here's the opportunity:

Oldie but goodie, we know how things are now. VDARE.com: 12/16/04 - Immigration Moments That Changed A California Budget Analyst’s Mind
I've actually never seen this before, and it was a nice read.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:17 PM

3,336 posts, read 1,969,212 times
Default We need more Mexicans

There is a place where I’ve been told
Every street is paved with gold
And its just across the borderline
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection.

These are the lyrics to a song by Ry Cooder(played guitar on the Stones song “Sister Morphine”) and from the movie Borderline starring Jack Nicholson and Harvey Keitel. Download the song and rent the movie and check it out. You cannot help but be moved by this tale.

I am conservative. In some ways I am extremely conservative. But I “stand in solidarity” with the activists and liberals on this one.
I was born and raised in Texas and moved to Cali in 1965. I have had experience with Mexican and Hispanic people all my life. (Heck, the first girl I ever kissed was a Mexican girl.) I can say with complete confidence that they truly only want to come here and better their lives and their families’ lives.

We need these people here because they work their behinds off and they love their kids, and they will do the work that some of the laziest among us will not. And do it with a smile on their face and a song in their heart. This I know for an absolute fact.

Now sure, we need to keep out the crazies and the gangsters. And we need orderly and monitored immigration. But I say bring them in as many as want to come over.

I am sure the haters will come out to bash this post. And I understand their arguments. But they should walk a mile in my shoes first. Or better yet, walk for many weary miles in an illegal immigrant’s shoes.

That is all.
Goodnight and good luck.

Last edited by Yac; 05-17-2010 at 07:16 AM..

Old 05-15-2010, 07:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,244,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
What about the people waving those flags who were born here? They didn't risk anything.
Really? Not even 1 person born here who waves a flag? Not even 1 vet who was born here and went to war???? Not even 1 police officer, fireman,border patrol agent, not even 1 of these?
That said your argument is deeply flawed. Those people who were born here were born with the right to be here. Illegals however only demand rights they don't have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration