Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 05:11 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times

Advertisements

El Mojado Acaudalado should be theme song of Mexico.

I see nothing but pride for that nation going by the lyrics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 05:17 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,753,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
So you're only half American then. Everyone I know goes by their blood line which is in general european
So now, European (and the 50 plus countries which make it up) is a blood-line? So what is a European? A Brit? An Italian? An Albanian? A Dane? Hungarian? Latvian? Macedonian? A Fin? A Spaniard? A Greek? I could go on and on (for at least 50 nationalities).

There is no such thing as being "half" American.

Even the Native Americans immigrated here from somewhere else.

So, I guess by your reckoning they aren't Native Americans at all, they're actually Asian.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
El Mojado Acaudalado should be theme song of Mexico.

I see nothing but pride for that nation going by the lyrics
Well there are better songs out there in Mexico - but it's also true that illegals can feel more at home in their own country. Who wouldn't?

I think the first one captures the spirit of many illegals - leaving their loved ones and a country they love. Feeling homesick here and deciding that all that glitters isn't gold, and home is where the heart is.

The truth isn't with the radical open borders types who act like it would be worse than hell for illegals if they go home. Their homeland isn't hell on earth. When they go back home they just picked up where they left off -- but of course that often means plans to go back to the USA if they feel like it later down the road.

Most illegals -- I'm pretty sure it's most -- at one time dreamed of going home again. Some kind of inertia may have set in, and they've gotten into a daily pattern here and so don't really feel like going back but when the time comes, they will and they'll love their homeland again some day.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
So you're only half American then. Everyone I know goes by their blood line which is in general european
1/2??? No at least 6th generation american on 1 side and the other goes as far back as the 1700's as far as I know.
I don't care what my bloodline is because it has absolutely no bearing on my life or how I live it.
German ancestors? Does this mean that I must learn to goose step?
Shoshone ancestors? Does this mean that I should wear buck skin clothes?
Some english in there somewhere, so I should drink tea?
I am an american. I like at least 4 generations before me served my country and bled for my country. That is what I care about.
So all those you know who go by blood line just what exactly does that mean or do for them? Does it dictate how they live their lives? What decisions they make, where they feel loyalty?

Old 05-16-2010, 06:09 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
when you arrive you fly the flag of no opportunity, what gives?
great point, is it called wanting your cake and eating it too.

Nita

Old 05-16-2010, 06:14 PM

706 posts, read 940,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
great point, is it called wanting your cake and eating it too.

Nita

In this case, I think they (illegals) want to eat other people's cake and have the other people pay .....

Old 05-16-2010, 06:17 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
1/2??? No at least 6th generation american on 1 side and the other goes as far back as the 1700's as far as I know.
I don't care what my bloodline is because it has absolutely no bearing on my life or how I live it.
I am an american. I like at least 4 generations before me served my country and bled for my country. That is what I care about.
So all those you know who go by blood line just what exactly does that mean or do for them? Does it dictate how they live their lives? What decisions they make, where they feel loyalty?
I suspect that bradjl2009 was being sarcastic............I believe he is against illegal immigration.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:12 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
I meant the people waving the Mexican flags. Many of the kids waving the Mexican flags were born here, yet you assume they are all illegal immigrants
Their parents probably are and the kids waving the Mexican flag are their anchors.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,540,481 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Both my grandfathers came to the US as children in the early 1900's. Both my parents were born in the US. I was born in the US.
Never, not even for one moment, have I ever considered myself anything BUT American. Too many labels is confusing.
My grandfathers were the hyphenated Americans. My parents were Americans. Why should I hyphenate who I am to please someone else. I am proud to be "just an American".
One half American -

Old 08-13-2013, 04:18 PM

60 posts, read 98,285 times
just exactly how is it the land of opportunity? as long as you work hard you can work your way to the top? or are there many jobs?

I guess it's got more opportunity than other countries? Can someone with experiences from other countries comment on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration