Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 04:51 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,546,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
Excuse? Yeah I'm sure Doctors and Lawyers Like Mayor Willie Brown were making excuses when getting harassed by the police. What people like you don't understand is that most people don't break the law. So for you to accuse everybody who is being harassed by a cop as just not behaving is BS.
Being an attorney of any flavor is probable cause!

Old 05-20-2010, 04:56 PM

282 posts, read 383,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Being an attorney of any flavor is probable cause!
LOL that was good.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:01 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,059,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
What about my 14 cent/pound carrots?
The cheapest carrots i have bought are 50 cents a lb. 14 cents/lb is a steal.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:06 PM

1,568 posts, read 4,430,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The ca deficit is 20 billion dollars & the illegals are costing ca 10.5 billion per yr. Why wont the idiot politicians do something about this ?
How would you like to pay $2 for a tomato?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:19 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,513,060 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm a cop hater because I don't agree with harassment from police. Yeah that makes sense.

Nice try, I've seen your post on the Politics forum, you're a stormfront member. You're white and female , LOL at affirmative action being racist when White females are the biggest beneficiaries. You're not very bright , then again racists aren't.
African American here... I completely agree w/ the laws as I have pasted. The AZ simply enforces federal laws .. CA has the same laws .. and in fact you are to have your ID at you at all times and if an officer of law suspects you are a suspect of a crime or suspects you are committing one.. One of the first things they ask for is your license to verify your identity. Citizenship as stated by the california law is to be checked in parallel.

Listen, i have encountered various forms of profiling my whole life. I don't commit crimes thus I don't care..... It doesn't happen often and is statistically insignificant. What isn't however, is if a majority of your crimes are committed by a particular group. Lets take for instance.... Say in Oakland .. Since most of the fools don't know how to act of there .. lets say 70% of crimes are committed by blacks and latino/spanish/mexican people. To be more efficient at policing ofc they are going to profile people who they feel... Again, who they feel may be a suspect of an already committed crime or someone who they believe to be committing one. For instance, i used to live in an upper middle class neighborhood in Florida .. Cops would all the time profile cars w/ dark tints .. those old stupid caprice cars all thugged out... Why? Because it didn't look like they belonged there.. It just so happened that sometimes some idiot rich white kid was driving one .... Cops couldn't tell that... All they see is that it's 2 a.m and some clown is driving around slow through a nice neighborhood who doesn't look like they belong there... If you aren't doing sh*t, you get stopped.. they say...what's up? What are you doing here? you give your info and move the f$%@ on ...

It just so happened that a lot of idiots from Miami were taking i-75 and coming into the neighborhood stealing rims and breaking into homes. Thus, you dam right i expect cops to profile to effectively fight those crimes in my neighborhood.. If you aint doing sh*t then you have nothing to worry about . You get stopped what? . max once a month .. 5 min out of your time ... Eventually the cops might come to change their opinions driven by significant statistics if they constantly find that they are wrong.

That's another thing that's wrong w/ this country ... People feel .. I am American... No one has the right to inconvenience me... man

Old 05-20-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Be fine w/ me .. Ask me how i would not like to pay 9% state income tax. Ask me how I would like to not pay 1.25% of my car's value every year ... How about you ask about that ... Counting pennies while you pay out dollars .. Try to sit down tonight and look at all the pros/cons .. Get out a calculator and really tell me if paying someone unemployment for life + paying someone below minimum wage for work x,y,z is cheaper than paying 1 person minimum wage.. It's basic math .. stop trying to corner off things into some stupid analysis of food price inflation. Last I checked, over time technology renders most unskilled labor obsolete . We are a developed country.. The hard labor and suffering was done long ago in our history. It's a big reason why unemployment is soo high now.. Developed countries taper off in their need for unskilled labor.. Thus, if your populous is uneducated and not capable.. you end up w/ a bunch of people on social assistance once their jobs are phased out ...

So yeah, makes tons of economic sense to bring over a social burden w/ no education to work jobs that machines can do 2-3x more efficiently .. Yeah, that makes great long term economic sense.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:31 PM

YouTube - Rogue Grows Its Own: The Revolution Hop Harvest
Aint technology grand? OMG .. white people ... Wow, amazing ...

http://www.hopsfromengland.com/images/Pics/Machine_Picking.jpg (broken link)

VS .

Old 05-20-2010, 05:40 PM

282 posts, read 383,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
African American here... I completely agree w/ the laws as I have pasted. The AZ simply enforces federal laws .. CA has the same laws .. and in fact you are to have your ID at you at all times and if an officer of law suspects you are a suspect of a crime or suspects you are committing one.. One of the first things they ask for is your license to verify your identity. Citizenship as stated by the california law is to be checked in parallel.

Listen, i have encountered various forms of profiling my whole life. I don't commit crimes thus I don't care..... It doesn't happen often and is statistically insignificant. What isn't however, is if a majority of your crimes are committed by a particular group. Lets take for instance.... Say in Oakland .. Since most of the fools don't know how to act of there .. lets say 70% of crimes are committed by blacks and latino/spanish/mexican people. To be more efficient at policing ofc they are going to profile people who they feel... Again, who they feel may be a suspect of an already committed crime or someone who they believe to be committing one. For instance, i used to live in an upper middle class neighborhood in Florida .. Cops would all the time profile cars w/ dark tints .. those old stupid caprice cars all thugged out... Why? Because it didn't look like they belonged there.. It just so happened that sometimes some idiot rich white kid was driving one .... Cops couldn't tell that... All they see is that it's 2 a.m and some clown is driving around slow through a nice neighborhood who doesn't look like they belong there... If you aren't doing sh*t, you get stopped.. they say...what's up? What are you doing here? you give your info and move the f$%@ on ...

It just so happened that a lot of idiots from Miami were taking i-75 and coming into the neighborhood stealing rims and breaking into homes. Thus, you dam right i expect cops to profile to effectively fight those crimes in my neighborhood.. If you aint doing sh*t then you have nothing to worry about . You get stopped what? . max once a month .. 5 min out of your time ... Eventually the cops might come to change their opinions driven by significant statistics if they constantly find that they are wrong.

That's another thing that's wrong w/ this country ... People feel .. I am American... No one has the right to inconvenience me... man
Obviously you don't get it, in the Arizona case the "Breaking the Law" aspect is in regards to being in the country illegally which means breaking the law as an illegal immigrant, which leads to stopping people who may "look" like an illegal alien. What don't you understand here?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:48 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,727,040 times
Quote:
LOL @ comparing picking produce as a kid vs. doing it in the central valley 100+ Degree heat for 15 hours a day. Not even close to the same thing. Are you serious? Nobody is stopping you or anybody from going down there and working in those fields, they can always use help.
Unless you're Hispanic....probably Mexican, you won't make it. The workers in the field would make your life so miserable, you'd walk off. I've worked with immigrant Mexicans in costruction. Once they take an industry over, it's theirs, they don't like to share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Well, well, well. Another leftie that hasn't read the bill. No you CANNOT be asked for ID unless you are doing something suspect. It is NOT base on looks alone.

It really is a mental illness........
I do agree with something he said. No, I don't believe cops are going to just start rampantly approaching brown people. That's not going to happen. But, have you ever been driving at 2 in the morning and been pulled over. Pulled over for "swerving"? I have, after driving straight as an arrow. But, it's 2 A.M., cop wonders why you're out. Maybe you just lefta bar? He rolls the dice to see what's up. It happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
I wouldn't buy a 2 dollar tomato. Look at the stock of the company that makes Ball/Kerr canning jars. It's jumped since the economy tanked. That tells me people who can't afford are growing and canning.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Obviously you don't get it, in the Arizona case the "Breaking the Law" aspect is in regards to being in the country illegally which means breaking the law as an illegal immigrant, which leads to stopping people who may "look" like an illegal alien. What don't you understand here?
I understand it quite clearly and read it over twice myself. If you read my posts you would understand that I made a remark that if it were predominantly African Americans... I personally would back an initiative for a full 1 week sweep of the nation in which African Americans had to proof their citizenship so that the issue could be resolved... Inconvenience people for 1 week .. get the freaking illegals out of here and lets move on ...

The problem w/ the matter is that people get all uppity and declare .. Oh that's racists .. Oh .. You can't do that to me ..

Listen man.. **** .. solve the problem and lets move on as a country. Everyone wants to be about crap yet no one of these cry babies steps up to the plate to try to fix the problem. And hell no the fix isn't giving them a path to citizenship.. The people who deserve that most are the people who go through hell and high water through the visa/legal immigration system to become citizens. Deport all those criminals and their jits back to where they came from and get lazy arse Americans off their collective behinds and put their buts to work.

But yeah about crap is the easier solution... It is no surprise that lazy uppity selfish entitlement laden Americans would chose the easier short term shot of coke as opposed to going through rehab and truly having a better long term solution .

Morons man .. Whatever, I'll trade it and make some money off the stupidity .. You can't beat the idiots .. you might as well profit from em
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration