Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 04:55 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,841,780 times

Advertisements

Someone has to control the borders of this county....its obvious the FEDS won't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 11:09 AM

244 posts, read 815,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Other states not on your list (that I've read about) that may be adopting the AZ law too, are: CO, FL, GA, LA, VA, WI

Including those states (listed above), and AZ, would bring the total to 24 states (providing the others I've listed pass the AZ law in their states).

Wonder if California will boycott all of those states too? If so, will those states all return the favor to the state of California? Ooooh, feel the love CA! Feel the LOVE!

I feel sorry for the residents in CA because they don't have anything to do with the boycotts. It's the govt. of CA that's doing all of this nonsense.

I have a sister that lives in CA and it's wall-to-wall illegal aliens out where she is. The billboards are in Spanish, the menu's in restaurants are in Spanish, the new telephone book that arrived at her house was in Spanish!

I don't have a problem with folks that come into this country legally, because they at least are obeying (and respecting) our laws. It's the folks that break the laws and enter the country illegally, that I have a problem with -- regardless of what country they come from.

I've read comments from others in this forum that keep asking "why wasn't illegal immigration a problem when Bush was in office?" ...

answer:
It was a problem then, and it's still a problem now. It's not a problem "suddenly", because a Dem is in office. It's just that up until now no one in our Government has had the stones enough to step up and do what the people have been demanding be done, for years now. No one, that is, until Jan Brewer was put into the position of Governor of Arizona.

She did what no one else had the guts to do. I have a HUGE amount of respect for her because she chose to do what was "right" even if it wasn't "popular."

Imagine if all of our Government officials suddenly developed a backbone and a conscience and started doing what was "right" even if it wasn't "popular?"

I'll tell you what we'd have then ... we'd have a Government that was OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people -- FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

I'd really like to see more politicians elected that aren't afraid to uphold the laws of our country. I don't care what party they belong to, if they're honest, they have my vote and my financial support.
A+ post!!!!! And yeah to the other states who are joining AZ!

Old 05-23-2010, 03:01 PM

44 posts, read 42,765 times
Not all us liberals are loonies. I couldn't be happier to read this (unless it read that all 50 states were trying, anyway).

Old 05-23-2010, 03:49 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,582,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLer2562 View Post
Not all us liberals are loonies. I couldn't be happier to read this (unless it read that all 50 states were trying, anyway).

Me too.I smiled wide to see Michigan on there.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:25 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,446,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Me too.I smiled wide to see Michigan on there.
I could hardly believe it either......especially with Jennifer Granholm in office

Old 05-23-2010, 05:16 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,147,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Someone has to control the borders of this county....its obvious the FEDS won't!
We are paying our federal taxes yet the federal government is not doing its job we PAY THEM TO DO ,,,,,I want some of my friggin money back.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:59 AM

10 posts, read 19,080 times
I think the primary language should be English. Our failed politician has done it again. It is required to learned to speak Spanish in our schools. The people who come to this country need to learned how to speak English, if they want to be a citizen in the U.S.A. period. That is one of the reason, why I am in favor for voting all incumbents out. Another reason is the Mexican are filling our emergency rooms up, and is the leading cost of the deficit in this country.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:30 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,633,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygma View Post
I think the primary language should be English. Our failed politician has done it again. It is required to learned to speak Spanish in our schools. The people who come to this country need to learned how to speak English, if they want to be a citizen in the U.S.A. period. That is one of the reason, why I am in favor for voting all incumbents out. Another reason is the Mexican are filling our emergency rooms up, and is the leading cost of the deficit in this country.

A simply voting all incumbents out attitude indicates an extreme lack of knowing those who are actually fighting illegal immigration vs those who are fighting or are blocking those actually fighting illegal immigration. For example there are 6 RINO republicans and a whopping 202 marxist amnesty democrats who have scored a D or F when it come to fighting illegal immigration. It would seem that these traitors would be a better place to start kicking incumbents out than those incumbents who have scored an A or B in fighting illegal immigration.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:39 AM

268 posts, read 454,367 times
Too bad Colorado isn't on there. Too many damned ski resorts filled with liberal nut jobs.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:41 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Up to 17 states are now filing versions of Arizona's SB 1070 law, the hugely controversial measure to stop and detain suspected illegal immigrants.

Supporters of the Arizona law are delighted at the new efforts to target the undocumented

ARKANSAS, IDAHO, INDIANA, MARYLAND, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, OHIO, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA, TEXAS, UTAH

Seventeen states now seek Arizona-style crackdown on immigrants | Irish News | IrishCentral
TEXAS

Quote:
"The first priority for any elected official is to make sure that the safety and security of Texans is well-established," said Riddle,[Rep from Tombal, Texas] who introduced a similar measure in 2009 that didn't get out of committee. "If our federal government did their job, then Arizona wouldn't have to take this action, and neither would Texas."
The hysteria comes to Texas in January 2011...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration