Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:43 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,658,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Sad part is the ILLEGAL would probably have more rights here in Mass. than a LEGAL citizen. I do love this one line though "The suspect was wearing a Mexican costume at the time of the crash where he slammed into Moran at 60 mph."....WTF is a Mexican costume?
Wouldn't be surprised, considering it's Mass. after all...the only redeeming parts of Mass. is Cape Cod and Gloucester...

I'm guessing they meant a mariachi costume. Many illegal aliens wear those to advertise the cheesy mexican restaurant they're working for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 10:05 AM

26,662 posts, read 28,778,355 times
the only redeeming parts of Mass. is Cape Cod and Gloucester...

Thank you very much for slamming our state. I suppose you know all about it. Most of us are Dems and we do not want illegal immigration.That's lesson #1.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:37 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,817,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
the only redeeming parts of Mass. is Cape Cod and Gloucester...

Thank you very much for slamming our state. I suppose you know all about it. Most of us are Dems and we do not want illegal immigration.That's lesson #1.

Then why do all the Dems keep letting this happen here? Why did they let Obama'sILLEGAL aunt stay here sucking off our money for over 7 years when she was ordered to leave back in '04? Kennedy was an even bigger joke,they guy was only for helping bring more welfare into the state and letting more and more people suck off the system! It's people like yourself who turn a blind eye to this and keep letting it happen,the politics here are only 2nd to Cali. and not by much. The only thing they (Dems) care about are votes,cut off the welfare and illegals and there goes your votes! Before you go saying that Republicans are only for the rich,answer me 1 question?

When was the last time a poor person created a JOB!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:17 PM

We didn't "let" Obama's aunt stay here. I think that was some judge's decision. And what's Obama supposed to do in a sticky situation where he would have to sent his own aunt away? I think she should have gone home, I'm as furious about that as anyone else is.

Ted Kennedy isn't an idol you know. JFK was, yes. Ted did a lot of good things and he was in the senate for eons--he was respected for that. I'm not against welfare for people who need it or for help for people who are disabled or for seniors who are in poverty through no fault of their own. I do despise people who unjustly suck off the system and also ruin things for all the decent people who deserve some help. Some people do end up needing help, especially when they've gone bankrupt paying for medical bills. Elderly and disabled people often need help.

What kind of a society are we if we won't pitch in and help the less fortunate? I think there's a cap on how long a person can remain on welfare, isn't there? If there isn't, there should be. I have a relative with multiple sclerosis who would LOVE to be able to return to her job but she can barely do anything--she paid into the system for years -- so she doesn't deserve some help?

Both the Dems and Repubs are about votes, don't fool yourself. I thought it was the rich Repubs who wanted the illegals here for cheap labor. Bush didn't get rid of the illegals, neither would his Repub successor if he had been elected. Illegals can't vote anyway.

The rich don't benevolently go out and create jobs. They will hire as few people as they can get by with and for the lowest pay possible. They know the bottom line is profit. How many more filthy rich CEOs getting ridiculous bonuses do you want? I know of "poor" if you want to call it that or ordinary people who have started small businesses and hired others. It happens all the time.

I think Mass is a far cry from Cali--they are extreme, they're ruining their own state.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:17 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,817,046 times
I'll agree with you that both parties have sold us out and are all about getting votes. I'm sure plenty of illegals are voting,there's always away around this.My point is that if one particular party is "Offering" you something,in this case Amnesty,guess who's getting their votes.In this day and age people are willing to sell their soul for a handout.Way to many people are dependent on the Govt. now instead of going out and trying to better themselves.

I think there was supposed to be a cap on welfare here but like most things it never gets enforced and they become life long recipients.I have no problems with people on welfare who really need it but you know as well as I do the system is HIGHLY abused here and those who really need it cannot get it and those who shouldn't be on it are. It makes me sick that these woman get on welfare and figure out that the more kids they spit out the more money they'll receive while the elderly couple cannot afford their heating bills because their SS didn't give them a COL increase.

I'm glad to see you share the same anger with Obama's aunt,you must not be a true Mass. bleeding heart liberal.... but she was ordered to leave back in '04,long before he was president.

I'm one of those "Poor" ordinary people who's run a small business for 24 years now so I guess that's why this pisses me off more than others.I pay huge amounts of insurance and taxes and to see all these welfare moms sucking off the system doesn't sit well.Springfield and Holyoke are like the welfare capital around here! I honestly cannot find help right now because there's very few people who want to work hard ( Construction ) because they're sitting home receiving their unemployment. There's a big difference between good and bad big business. Microsoft,Ford and Apple and companies like them I would consider very good big businesses where as Goldman Sachs,Bank Of America,Fannie/Freddie,these are all run by greedy scum sucking CEO's who are only out for themselves.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:33 AM

I am a true Massachusetts person who has lived here all my life. You must be mixing most of us up with the people who live in Cambridge and Amherst/Northampton. LOL

Holyoke is----Gone. Springfield is----Gone. I can remember beautiful downtown Springfield when it was clean and had the big department stores and Johnson's Bookstore. I actually did meet a woman in Amherst many years ago who got pregnant intentionally so she could remain on welfare and I know she wasn't/isn't the only one.

I also remember trying to help someone who'd had a breakdown and couldn't work -- the welfare worker actually told us that we'd have better luck if he's just gotten off the boat!!!!! He was a Viet Nam veteran who suffered from PTSD that hit him all those years later--he had totally flipped out. Finally he did get SSDI and some help from the VA, which he needed and deserved. But before that he was actually told that he'd be better off coming from another country!! The welfare and food stamp workers were fed up with the system and they said their hands were tied.

I'll still vote Dem. and try to get things fixed from the inside. Both parties are out for themselves but I trust the Dems. more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration