Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 06:36 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metye7 View Post
yes, I claimed racial prejudice was done by whites during white flight, but I didnt say that it is because they are white. As you claimed I said. I have read up on it, and I have lived in neighborhoods where white flight was rampant.

For white flight it wasnt for purposes of the education of their children. This article is talking about it being because of education. It is nothing the same, no matter how much you want it to be.
metye7, huh? Who might you be?

No matter how you deny it, what the people doing in the article is black flight. If it quacks... Or to be ungodly PC, "race flight".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
metye7, huh? Who might you be?

No matter how you deny it, what the people doing in the article is black flight. If it quacks... Or to be ungodly PC, "race flight".

That would of actually of been me, I didnt realize it at the time, but the wife had logged into her account.

no denying anything.. just looking at facts... wanting better for their children isnt flight, it is success....

Old 06-07-2010, 07:19 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Black Flight has been happening in California for years.
I hope Texas can passing some tough laws like Oklahoma did.
However the Demographics of Texas might make it hard to do so.

Quote:
In an October 4th Presidential Bulletin, Rev. Miguel Rivera, President of the National Coalition of Latino Clergy and member of President Bush's White House Immigration Reform Coalition, said that within hours a lawsuit to defeat Oklahoma's anti-illegal foreign national law will be filed. He also said the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund will jointly contribute their legal support. In a translated version of the bulletin, Rivera makes the deeply disturbing claim that ethnic cleansing is taking place in Tulsa.
So where was Rev Miguel Rivera to defend Americans of non Hispanic decent who are being displaced by illegal immigrants.

ACTION ALERT: Charges of Ethnic Cleansing in Tulsa by Latino Leader

Last edited by High Springs Gator; 06-07-2010 at 08:11 PM..

Old 06-07-2010, 07:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
So what where was Rev Miguel Rivera to defend Americans of non Hispanic decent who are being displaced by illegal immigrants.

ACTION ALERT: Charges of Ethnic Cleansing in Tulsa by Latino Leader
And then HB 1804 passed and 99% of the Illegals fled the state of Oklahoma.

And we lived happily ever after,

Now Oklahomans are fighting for Arizona and the rest of the USA.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:09 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
'Black flight' changing the makeup of Dallas schools | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

"The Dallas region added 597,000 Hispanics from 2000 to 2008, second only to the Riverside, Calif. area"

"As Dallas ISD educates a growing number of Hispanic students, many of whom are poor and learning English, some black parents say the district no longer focuses on their children.

Many black parents are concerned about the attention and money spent bringing native Spanish-speakers up to speed. Some say their children are ignored.

"Nothing is geared towards us; it's all geared towards the Hispanics," said Shirley Daniels, spokeswoman for the Black Coalition to Maximize Education, a civil rights group and plaintiff in DISD's federal desegregation case, which lasted from 1970 to 2003".
This is something, one of the many things, that I have a problem with in regards to illegal immigration. The funny thing is that the President is jumping through hoops just to help illegal immigrants, who are mainly Mexican, while black people gave him the vote. It's a messed up situation and no one is talking about it, well, at least not on a loud enough level. I grew up in a place that saw illegal immigration grow over the last two decades. I was ten years old playing basketball at the park when I first noticed the illegal immigration problem. We'd have Mexicans (no disrespect or no racism, just truth and fact) come in by the tens, playing basketball all day, taking the courts that we used to play on as kids. We had to wait for them and they were undocumented, yes, we knew they were. Then, the neighborhood started changing. They started taking the apartments because no one wanted to live around them and that's just because of a bunch of reasons.

That is one of the many reasons why I am passionate against illegal immigration. I am black and I know that black people haven't even gotten their collective piece of the American Pie. Yes, it is our own doing a lot of times that kept us from getting it, but I'll be damned if I sit back and watch people from another country that doesn't even care about us, come in and take food out of the mouths of my fellow black people. To top it off, Mexicans come here arrogant towards whites and blacks and have no respect. Then, the NAACP or people like Al Sharpton want to march for them and speak for them (and this was way before Arizona's bill). Black people need to start speaking up on this and they will soon see because people start noticing when food is taken off of their table. That is being felt by both black and white people.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:12 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times
I give Adelfa Callejo some credit in what she said about black leadership. However, I got suspicion about the superintendent. Just reading his words made me wonder and wish for the best for the black students there. Hispanic people have pride just like black people and they will take care of their OWN first. With the whole "Hispanic takeover" in their mind, they want to see Hispanics grow here. That's not to say that for ALL Hispanics, but I know way too many Hispanic people personally to know that that is the truth.

It's sad that this country is structured so that the race in majority runs things. But, it is what it is.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:06 PM

683 posts, read 1,469,450 times
Quote:
'Black flight' changing the makeup of Dallas schools | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

"The Dallas region added 597,000 Hispanics from 2000 to 2008, second only to the Riverside, Calif. area"

"As Dallas ISD educates a growing number of Hispanic students, many of whom are poor and learning English, some black parents say the district no longer focuses on their children.

Many black parents are concerned about the attention and money spent bringing native Spanish-speakers up to speed. Some say their children are ignored.

"Nothing is geared towards us; it's all geared towards the Hispanics," said Shirley Daniels, spokeswoman for the Black Coalition to Maximize Education, a civil rights group and plaintiff in DISD's federal desegregation case, which lasted from 1970 to 2003".
Black flight? Lol...

black= race
hispanic= not a race
hispanic= could be black, yellow, arab, native american, or euro blooded.

a black flight? Where are they going? Detroit?

Old 06-08-2010, 01:35 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
Is that number fairly typical for big cities? It seems really high.
The two elementary schools nearby me have rates of 95 and 99 percent free or assisted lunches. These thieves are stealing our childrens future.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:35 AM

233 posts, read 744,232 times
Quote:

This is a disgrace, Where is Jesse Jackson when you need him? Oh wait, Jesse Jackson is for the illegals. Looks like you are out of luck.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Black flight? Lol...

black= race
hispanic= not a race
hispanic= could be black, yellow, arab, native american, or euro blooded.

a black flight? Where are they going? Detroit?
Prime example, the inner part of Denver. Anyone that can afford to get out does. What's left are mostly poor Latinos comprised of Illegals and their children. LA, SD and Phoenix all exhibit the same behavior.

The part that really sucks for places like San Diego is the busing from the border. Now everyone gets to feel the pain of ESL students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration