Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2007, 08:53 PM

572 posts, read 2,487,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert student View Post
I think we may have found the reason why people find Arizona far more attractive than Illinois. LOL!
Well said!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 08:40 AM

667 posts, read 2,301,266 times
Quote:
The people the tan in Arizona do it from the real sun. In Chicago they have to go "fake bake" in some greasy nasty beds which looks cheap, and ugly. Not to mention the fact that negative aspects of tanning beds are just as bad if not worse from the sun. Of course this time of year it only makes it worse looking. LOL LOL! There is nothing like seeing a bunch of very tan people in the middle of winter in Chicago.
C'mon! Take a look around Arizona & tell me if you DON'T see any tanning salons. I see more fake-bakers in AZ than anywhere else I've ever been & I find myself wondering why, with all this sun.
I think of where I live in AZ & the 27 different options of tanning salons I could go to that are within 2 miles of my house.
So, yes, buddy, your "Zonie" locals do fake-bake.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:14 AM

128 posts, read 172,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by collected_eve View Post
C'mon! Take a look around Arizona & tell me if you DON'T see any tanning salons. I see more fake-bakers in AZ than anywhere else I've ever been & I find myself wondering why, with all this sun.
I think of where I live in AZ & the 27 different options of tanning salons I could go to that are within 2 miles of my house.
So, yes, buddy, your "Zonie" locals do fake-bake.
When did I ever say there weren't tanning salons all over the valley? The point is, you can tan in Arizona ("fake bake" or real) and you don't notice for the most part. I'm sorry, but when you see a whole group of fake tan people walking around in the snow, in Chicago it looks dumb. I wasn't the one that brought it up! Don't go looking to me for answers. I think it is one of the most absurd ways to compare two places.

Last edited by desert student; 12-24-2007 at 09:36 AM..

Old 12-24-2007, 09:17 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
Quote:
I think we may have found the reason why people find Arizona far more attractive than Illinois. LOL!
Youre still here? My can of "Desert Student-Be-Gone" must not be working. As a last resort, would someone please turn the lights out, it keeps drawing him back.

And whats funny is that last I checked our population was ALOT larger than yours.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I wasn't the one that brought it up! Don't go looking to me for answers. I think it is one of the most absurd ways to compare two places.
This just gets better every minute! Pal, I think you better go back the page before and re-read your response where you started talking about Chicagoans going to tanning salons. "Didnt bring it up"? LOL Man, I guess all that sun and dirt down there really does affect people.

Edit: here, I spared you the trouble of having to do it yourself. And I quote desert student: "This of course would make sense, only if most of the suburban Chicago women weren't sun worshippers. The people the tan in Arizona do it from the real sun. In Chicago they have to go "fake bake" in some greasy nasty beds which looks cheap, and ugly. Not to mention the fact that negative aspects of tanning beds are just as bad if not worse from the sun. Of course this time of year it only makes it worse looking. LOL LOL! There is nothing like seeing a bunch of very tan people in the middle of winter in Chicago"

Old 12-24-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Guess what, chump? It was raining and cold in PHX too. I bet you wouldnt be crying there though. Youre just a miserable bag o bones, who cannot handle living in a real city and cries when it gets cold out. Please, go back to Phoenix, Lord knows youll be amongst all the other wussies who you can cry together with. Maybe you can go back to AZ and start the "1st annual convention of Phoenix babies who cant handle cold weather". Be prepared for an onslaught of tanned, wrinkly nasty women coming in droves (one of them might be Alice Cooper, so be warned) to celebrate your event. You can hold such activities as "who can mow their rock yard the fastest", or maybe a "collect all the scorpions from your bed" contest, that would be a winner! Or how about a "chew off the melanoma from your neighbor's back" contest! Mmmmm. In all honesty though, I think holding a "which Arizonan's skin most resembles a catchers mit" contest would probably draw the most contestants.

There. Now I sound like a whiny crybaby too. Sound familiar?
So I gues you forgot you posted this intelligent thread? I believe you were the one that brought up the tanning issue, not me! Oh, and about Chicago being bigger, you can rest easy tonight knowing that we are projected to surpass you in popluation in a matter of decades. Not to mention that Houston will do it sooner! Looks like Chicago will be playing with the little leagues sooner than you thought. Of course you can always go back to the fact that Chicago metro will always have more people than Phoenix metro. Again, a very accurate statement, but foolish one none the less. Saying that a metro is gaining more than a city is not a good sign. It only further shows that people hate Chicago and would rather have a cul de sac, than the filth of the city. After all, Joliet has always looked like such a breathtaking place to live to me. LOL! As more and more palces surpass you in population, that skyline and downtown really won't seem that attractive anymore.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:42 AM

Put it this way, while PHX might pass CHI in population (if it doesnt run out of water first), its ONLY because Chicago cant land-grab anymore. And AZs population will never surpass IL's, nor will PHX become more important or more fun than Chicago, so what does it matter? Even if PHX grows to 15 million people, it'll still be a dull, dusty, hot, boring, no-core-havin piece o' junk. Id rather have a true urban and entertaining city to live nearby than be shackled next to some desert wasteland that has no soul whatsoever.

Now, for the love of mankind, please dont even try and compare PHX to Chicago, it just cant be done. PHX is outshined on every facet, on every detail, etc.

//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...o-phoenix.html

Old 12-24-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Put it this way, while PHX might pass CHI in population (if it doesnt run out of water first), its ONLY because Chicago cant land-grab anymore. And AZs population will never surpass IL's, nor will PHX become more important or more fun than Chicago, so what does it matter? Even if PHX grows to 15 million people, it'll still be a dull, dusty, hot, boring, no-core-havin piece o' junk. Id rather have a true urban and entertaining city to live nearby than be shackled next to some desert wasteland that has no soul whatsoever.

Now, for the love of mankind, please dont even try and compare PHX to Chicago, it just cant be done. PHX is outshined on every facet, on every detail, etc.

//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...o-phoenix.html
OH I get it! You must be one of those fortune tellers! How on earth then would you know what Phoenix will be like by the time it catches up to Chicago? I should've known!

"Fun"? Now that is an interesting word! I'm glad you brought it up. But seeing how suburban Scottsdale has tourism stats that are very comparable to Chicago's, I think your definition of fun is far different than most of the population's. I can catch a plane into Chicago anytime and visit a museum! Anyone can do that. You don't have to live there to do stuff in the city.

LOL LOL LOL!!! WOW! You actually spent time creating a post comparing Chicago to Phoenix! LOL! So you can do it , but I can't?

Old 12-24-2007, 12:37 PM
mdz

622 posts, read 2,620,541 times
Guys, take it to DM already. It's Christmas

Old 12-26-2007, 11:12 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,213,079 times
This has turned into quite the soap opera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois