Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 07:52 PM

4 posts, read 5,596 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm looking for advice I got discharge a couple weeks ago a week and a half prior to that I was given a final warning and I thought it wasn't fair that I was given a final warning without a first warning or a second or third. I would come in late due to kids having appointments and unfortunately I don't have anyone to help me to take them to their appointments for dental or physicals but I would always let the trainer know and because I got really sick walked in to work with fever n no voice and they let me go and I got a Dr note but my trainer said it wasn't necessary so I didn't give it to them. Then I made of lot of mistakes my two weeks but those aren't suppose to count against you your new to the job . After the final warning I was given not to make any mistakes but I was new how was I not going to I tried my best my trainer said I had my script down I just needed to work on my glitches . Then I got in trouble for wearing a hooded sweatshirt but everyone would wear one and since it was always freezing in there I decided to take one I got called out by the new manager and we were suppose to go over the handbook on Monday to review what was expected of me and I did . I also read it the morning just in case she would ask something that didn't apply to me because I was only part time not receiving benefits. I also told her if I could help out in the calls because the girl who did the call backs with me in the mornings didn't show up and I was going to be swamped if I didn't try to get further along and she say how busy it was. Mondays are the busiest days of the week and she came around but I let her know that if I can help out and she said it was ok but she kept coming back n forth when she saw how bad the phones were ringing n I took the last call and we walked over to an office and she acted like nothing asked If I review the handbook which I did and said how was I doing n I asked her the same and then she said today is your last day your forgot to notate the account and a reminders you had but I didn't do it accidentally we would get so busy I would just want to keep taking calls because after the calls would end the phones would ring off the hook. I had my interview over the phone already this week with IDES. I just told him I didn't find fair that I was given a final warning not a first warning just a final warning and that if they felt I was making so many mistakes that why didn't they pull me off the phones and he asked if they gave me extra training but the trainer was always in and out not just there and that's what happened in training. I thank him for his time but the also had the wrong company for the unemployment I don't understand if I gave all the information n phone number down . I'm just overwhelmed with all these doubts of what's going to happen what will the employer say . I didn't want to lose my job especially when I have a family .[/quote] I have receieved a letter that i might be ineligible for benefits because im attending school but i don't find that fair i only have two classes one is on campus and one is online and if I were to get a job i would drop my morning class because thats whats important and i was working and going to school. I dont understand the issue plus i stilldon't know whats going on with my unemployment besides school being a issue. Now they are appealing the decision any help or suggestions. It's my first time going thru this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 01:53 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,968 times
Depending how long you were there, and how well each of the two sides present their case in a hearing, you may or may not be eligible for unemployment. My guess is you're probably not going to get it. One documented warning is usually sufficient.

Last edited by madpaddy; 11-08-2014 at 02:08 PM..

Old 11-10-2014, 04:56 PM

4 posts, read 5,596 times
Thanks for your honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois