Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:55 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,647,326 times

Advertisements

I don't know about you, but the roads around me are like driving through a mine field. I live in sugar grove and we have state rt 47, 56 and 30 here and they are all failing something terrible. I question how the state will ever fix them. how do we get the governor to notice? any thoughts out there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 06:21 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
I was just down 47 and I can agree. The bad spots were just south of I-88 and just north of Route 30. I had the same complaints about the roads out here, there were spots of Ogden, 64 and 38 that were atrocious. Last week I saw the road crews taking care of 64, and all I could say was ITS ABOUT TIME. Write to the state, county and city about how displeased you are at some of the road conditions.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:03 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,350,260 times
Route 64 between 59 and powis road is horrible. That road has been on the idot list for replacement since spring of 2006 - I am guessing the state keeps running out of money. That is "accident alley" there BTW - when traveling that stretch, please keep your eyes peeled. Very dangerous - even without potholes.

Worst year for potholes I can remember, just about everywhere!

Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 AM

774 posts, read 2,496,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I don't know about you, but the roads around me are like driving through a mine field. I live in sugar grove and we have state rt 47, 56 and 30 here and they are all failing something terrible. I question how the state will ever fix them. how do we get the governor to notice? any thoughts out there...
The question isn't what roads are the worst for potholes, but rather which roads don't look like they've been slammed by asteroids. So far, I haven't found any in the Chicago area this winter.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:59 AM

56 posts, read 266,850 times
Time to raise the TAXES is how they will pay for this.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:24 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,169 times
my new car is taking a very serious beating. True...what road is not bad? It seems only the interstates are getting attention at this point.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
The question isn't what roads are the worst for potholes, but rather which roads don't look like they've been slammed by asteroids. So far, I haven't found any in the Chicago area this winter.
Almost every road has a few spots that are decimated, but most of the roads here in the western burbs are holding up. The nasty sections are along Ogden, a small spot on 59, 38 in Geneva, 64 in Wasco/St. Charles, and 47 between 88 and 30. On the other roads you might encounter a pot hole here and there, but generally arent that bad (minus said spots). Are the roads in the city really that bad????

Old 02-18-2008, 02:30 PM

774 posts, read 2,496,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Almost every road has a few spots that are decimated, but most of the roads here in the western burbs are holding up. The nasty sections are along Ogden, a small spot on 59, 38 in Geneva, 64 in Wasco/St. Charles, and 47 between 88 and 30. On the other roads you might encounter a pot hole here and there, but generally arent that bad (minus said spots). Are the roads in the city really that bad????
I'm out in the western suburbs and have to go on Ogden and Route 59 often, so I probably see a disproportionate share of the worst ugly patches. It's a little better than the city, though - there are streets in the Loop that are just brutal right now.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
I'm out in the western suburbs and have to go on Ogden and Route 59 often, so I probably see a disproportionate share of the worst ugly patches. It's a little better than the city, though - there are streets in the Loop that are just brutal right now.
I havent been downtown in a few months, sounds like I should be grateful. LOL Avoid the stretch of Ogden just east of Rt. 59. From there (east and westbound) to Jefferson is a potholed nightmare. Its not that bad in the daytime when you can see them and avoid them, but at night forget it. I think I rattled some fillings loose the other night on the way to Pep Boys. Not to mention how horrible the sound/feel is when you drop into a 5" deep pothole with 40 series tires and a 2" suspension drop. I really need to get a winter beater.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:41 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,169 times
Highway 31 in the Northwest suburbs is treacherous....if its not potholes its ice or blowing snow, or water in the road (water in the road is an understatement) from metling snow mountains. Plus, I'm not a fan of the loose ashphalt being used to fill the potholes....I am definitley at the point of insane laughter this winter. There is nothing else to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois