Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 03:44 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
absolutely, pot smoke is infinitely LESS carcinogenic than tobacco smoke

Not only that, but you can use a vaporizer and not inhale smoke at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 03:53 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
When it leaves the home and enters society, it becomes my issue, too.
Whatever happened to minding one's business. Bet you're quick to judge too huh.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:37 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
We all judge every day. You've judged me on this thread.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:43 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Not only that, but you can use a vaporizer and not inhale smoke at all.
very true, thanks for that valid point!

Old 06-28-2017, 04:47 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
Quote:
We all judge every day. You've judged me on this thread.
Truth of the matter is, what makes this such a great country, and, hopefully one that continues to allow individual freedoms, is that everyone is free to express their opinion; whether you agree with it or not, is totally a personal choice, but, even though I don't agree with lots of stuff I read on CD and on the internet, AND in the press, I cherish the fact that we can express those opinions with out fear of a knock on the door, and being taken away by the secret police..

Lets not forget that important fact, that so many of us fought in wars to make sure that freedom of expression is part of our way of life..

Old 06-29-2017, 04:05 AM

510 posts, read 371,062 times
Thanks for bringing this up. Using cannabis may not stop all previously existing bad behavior in 100% of the users. But this is not the same as saying cannabis *causes* bad behavior. It just doesn't always prevent it.

There is some drop in alcohol and pill use where cannabis is legalized, and some succeed in stopping other truly dangerous drugs by substituting cannabis.

Smoked cannabis can treat about 65 conditions. Cannabis oil can treat or cure maybe 600 conditions, with proof or much evidence for about 250 conditions so far.

Also, how many who have "couchlock" are any kind of threat? Of course there also are strains for people who want to be productive.

So-called recreational users may be using it to control anger, anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues. Also might be used for minor aches or pains anywhere in the body. It's safer than aspirin and other pain relievers that cause some deaths. Best wishes.

Quote:
How do you know that? How do you know that NO ONE is beating their wife or committing more crime? Or doing any of a number of other things that cause problems? The fact that YOU may not do them is not an indicator of all.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:10 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Truth of the matter is, what makes this such a great country, and, hopefully one that continues to allow individual freedoms, is that everyone is free to express their opinion; whether you agree with it or not, is totally a personal choice, but, even though I don't agree with lots of stuff I read on CD and on the internet, AND in the press, I cherish the fact that we can express those opinions with out fear of a knock on the door, and being taken away by the secret police..

Lets not forget that important fact, that so many of us fought in wars to make sure that freedom of expression is part of our way of life..
Yes. We do have freedom, and personal choices. Let's be honest, though.....the state of Illinois is not exactly about personal liberties, is it? It's nanny state. It's also really interesting for a nanny state to ignore the obvious issues with a controlled substance, and allow it to be used recreationally, as may happen.

In any event, we all have choices. We can all vote. Not that our votes really affect what the lawmakers do...but we can vote.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:20 AM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
Quote:
Yes. We do have freedom, and personal choices. Let's be honest, though.....the state of Illinois is not exactly about personal liberties, is it? It's nanny state. It's also really interesting for a nanny state to ignore the obvious issues with a controlled substance, and allow it to be used recreationally, as may happen.

In any event, we all have choices. We can all vote. Not that our votes really affect what the lawmakers do...but we can vote.
Illinois...at times I wish I live in Illinois for the weather.

I don't know how Illinois is ran, politically. Try Louisiana. It's infamously corrupted. Gov. Edwards (John Bel, and not Edwin) is trying to better the state. Somewhat, as in raises for state workers and civil service employees. But unfortunately, the first few weeks in office, he raised along the lines of 20+ new taxes. AFTER he stated that raising taxes wasn't going to be done. But our state has a strong deficit. We've been to states that legalized the use and sale of cannabis. The money pouring in is astronomical. They're putting the money to good use, as in roads, schooling and other important areas. We've also talked to many people in those states. They were 50/50 on the legalization. Most agreed that the incarceration rates, violent crimes and crashes have dropped. You can't stop all violence (would be great to see everyone getting along, helping each other), and accidents. Louisiana has been infamously known to have the highest incarceration rate in the US. Most are non violent that are busted for selling marijuana. Most that are caught are sometimes it's from multiple times selling marijuana. And usually they don't have a job. Probably couldn't get a job because of criminal records. And. A lot of people I know who was busted was trying to put food on the table and supplying for their families. And they couldn't do it legally because they either 1. Had a criminal record and couldn't get a good job because of it, 2. College education costs are soaring (they just raised tuition again within 2 weeks, 3.In our town, most jobs are fast food and we all know that's not a livable wage. At times I hear that you need to know someone or belong to a certain clique to get hired, and to keep a job.

I honestly believe that if marijuana was legalized here, the economy would rise. There would be more jobs available. And hopefully the income the state would get would be put into schools, hospitals, roads (roads and bridges here needs to be updated!!!), and into the deficit this state has. Unfortunately a long time ago, they passed the Louisiana Lottery, saying that the money would go to schools and infrastructure. We're hearing crickets on this one here.

We have a medical marijuana law here. But only through oil. And the sad part is that it won't be available to patients until next year. Patients, like my mother, are in need of their medication. This oil has a very low THC count, so they would not get a high. Which would be great. Because yea, some people would probably not function well if they are high.

And I HIGHLY AGREE that the lawmakers are going to do what they want to. Usually the same lawmakers are comfortable being good friends with people with deep pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois