Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 11:25 AM

1,417 posts, read 735,151 times

Advertisements

Boys and girls we now have yield curve inversion. Historically it signals a recession in about 24 months, so after Trump The Awesome's re-election.

What will be interesting is to see what happens in Illinois. J(elly) B(elly) Pritzker has done nothing, and will do nothing to curb the pension implosion. In fact he has exacerbated problem by going on wage spending spree. He was already pushing for a state wide unemployment spike with a $15 an hour minimum wage which should merge into a national recession perfectly. And given the high wage earners he wished to tax tend to get a lot of their compensation in variable form, even those fantasy revenues will be down. The best part is, Trump made overtures to Pritzker and Pritzker stabbed the unforgiving Trump in the back. With Trump retaining the White House and Illinois a sanctuary state, do you think any Federal funds will flow to bail Illinois out of its self-inflicted pension death spiral?

This could be over sooner than I thought. Totally awesome. I never saw a state collapse before. It should be interesting. I can't wait to see the expression on the face of the greedy public sector retirees as the well runs dry.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...7?srnd=premium
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 12:46 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,256,232 times
Worries about an inverted yield curve are overblown if you look at the history.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:15 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,907,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
Boys and girls we now have yield curve inversion. Historically it signals a recession in about 24 months, so after Trump The Awesome's re-election.

What will be interesting is to see what happens in Illinois. J(elly) B(elly) Pritzker has done nothing, and will do nothing to curb the pension implosion. In fact he has exacerbated problem by going on wage spending spree. He was already pushing for a state wide unemployment spike with a $15 an hour minimum wage which should merge into a national recession perfectly. And given the high wage earners he wished to tax tend to get a lot of their compensation in variable form, even those fantasy revenues will be down. The best part is, Trump made overtures to Pritzker and Pritzker stabbed the unforgiving Trump in the back. With Trump retaining the White House and Illinois a sanctuary state, do you think any Federal funds will flow to bail Illinois out of its self-inflicted pension death spiral?

This could be over sooner than I thought. Totally awesome. I never saw a state collapse before. It should be interesting. I can't wait to see the expression on the face of the greedy public sector retirees as the well runs dry.

I didn't realize Trump has already been re-elected to a second term.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post

Old 03-22-2019, 07:55 PM

4,675 posts, read 7,409,141 times
Quote:
Didn’t you hear? It was a really great election. Spectacular. Highest turnout ever. Would’ve won the electoral college if it weren’t for all those illegals voting. Millions. Pouring in. Not. Spectacular. But it’s going to be beautiful. Fake news had suggested he wouldn’t win a second time, but Fox News called it. Really spectacular.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:57 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,907,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post

I certainly hope you don't use the services public employees provide.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I certainly hope you don't use the services public employees provide.
Nah. He’s too worried about trans people being able to use a bathroom.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:55 PM

606 posts, read 355,072 times
Man, these days the Illinois forum is reading more like Politics & Other Controversies. Maybe the politics should be relegated to one stickie thread at the top so that we don’t have political posts littered everywhere?

Old 03-23-2019, 12:13 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,555,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
Man, these days the Illinois forum is reading more like Politics & Other Controversies. Maybe the politics should be relegated to one stickie thread at the top so that we don’t have political posts littered everywhere?
Illinois problems and Illinois culture are very politically charged, so I actually think the numerous politically charged threads match the tenor of the state. Anytime I visit a place of business here, if there is ANY conversation longer than 10 minutes, it will always devolve into some discussion about taxes (and usually a rant about how Democrats are destroying the state). I am in real estate, so I am predisposed to hearing this sort of thing. However, I also hear this stuff at car dealerships—I was at a dealer service center earlier today—coffee shops and charity gatherings. Non-stop politics in Illinois.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:50 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,409,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
People can’t follow directions and limit political discussions to the forum dedicated specifically about them. Also, this sub forum has less visitors/traffic than the Chicago one; if the same thing happened there, the posts would be closed or moved pretty quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois