Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 07:04 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,178,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
Is 650k dead from heart disease acceptable to you? Are you shutting down all fast food and the junk food aisles of grocery stores and forcing your lazy neighbor to exercise? No. Instead the government puts out the food pyramid and exercise recommendations and leaves the rest up to us.

650k is only 0.19% of the population and mostly elderly with underlying causes. Acceptable is not the right word but when it's that vs. a completely collapsed economy I'll take the "open up the economy" option. Nothing is stopping the elderly or anyone else from sheltering in place, wearing masks, etc. But you all are stopping us from going out and living our lives.

Look at fusillirob1983. He figured out how to golf safely....all by himself! Freedom of choice.

Look at grocery stores. Grocery stores have been open throughout this whole "pandemic". Given how many people visit shouldn't every grocery store worker be dead by now??? They're not. They also figured out safety all by themselves with plexiglass partitions, floor markings for social distance, required mask wearing etc.

Open everything up NOW.
Heart disease isn't contagious. Dude (or female), you're not this stupid. Any topic that isn't about the virus and you generally have rational commentary. I don't get why you're going that route.

Golfing isn't freedom of choice. It's a clearly obvious low-risk activity, which is why they opened it up a month earlier than outdoor seating at restaurants and a bunch of other stuff. It's like walking in the park with a bag of sticks with a couple other people and incredibly easy to maintain distance.

Grocery stores have been open the whole time because people die without food. The whole point was to minimize point of contact between people, and yes, they figured that out and added in a bunch of safety measures (plexiglass, etc) for what is most, a generally required activity. So Illinois, which took drastic measures, it's like they psychologically prepared us of how to go about our daily lives in a safer manner amidst a pandemic. The states that pretended like there wasn't much of a pandemic and opened too early are seeing big increases again. So you're right, there's a bunch of safety measures.

There's a difference between something contagious in which one person can harm another and someone can harm him/herself (skydiving, eating bad food, smoking cigarettes, etc.)

Old 06-15-2020, 09:32 AM

3,489 posts, read 2,181,809 times
America’s fourth largest city weighing reinstating another lockdown due to covid. This is why it’s dumb to “let er rip.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...ovid-19-texas/

Old 06-15-2020, 03:20 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
Sounds like Illinois is opening/moving to "Phase 4" on June 26th. About time! Can't wait to hit the gym!

https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/r...linois-phase-4

11 Days to go!

Old 06-15-2020, 03:32 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
flamadiddle, good day. I hope in the mean time you're doing what I just did: got out there in this gorgeous weather and jogged 3 miles! Now I'm going to go outside, and practice my kicks. (Substitute the kicks if you like for lunges, squats, toe raises, and high knee bends), and you are SET for the next 11 days!!!

Old 06-15-2020, 03:36 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
flamadiddle, good day. I hope in the mean time you're doing what I just did: got out there in this gorgeous weather and jogged 3 miles! Now I'm going to go outside, and practice my kicks. (Substitute the kicks if you like for lunges, squats, toe raises, and high knee bends), and you are SET for the next 11 days!!!
Go Master Jay, Go!

Yes, doing what I can to stay active. Nice to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.

https://wbbm780.radio.com/articles/i...nning-pritzker

Old 06-15-2020, 04:01 PM

flamadiddle, thank you my friend! Actually, with the great weather, I imagine most people would prefer to exercise outside. Save the gym for a rainy day

Oh yes, sometimes I go in my front yard and practice my kicks, or train with my staff, sword, or nunchucks....sometimes you have to send a message that "Think twice, because I ain't the one!"

You typically hear me speak on peace. And I do believe that. But you also have to be able to protect yourself. And #2, the best way to have peace is when people know better than to mess with you!

And with that, I say: Peace to my beautiful Illinois neighbors. I hope to see you soon!!

Old 06-17-2020, 08:07 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
flamadiddle, thank you my friend! Actually, with the great weather, I imagine most people would prefer to exercise outside. Save the gym for a rainy day
Personally, I need to go to a gym. Where else am I going to have access to enough weight for a proper workout?

Old 06-17-2020, 08:15 PM

Chicago South Sider, you do your thing, brother! No one knows you better than you. Just make sure you get in that cardio. Doc says we need it to fight bad cholesterol, diabetes, and all that other good stuff we're going to get at Don Juans!!!

Old 06-18-2020, 07:21 PM

1,067 posts, read 914,716 times
Went boating in Wisconsin yesterday at Whitewater lake and then ate dinner at Lauderdale lakes. Everything is wide open and TONS of activity in shops, bars, restaurants, etc. Of course at least half the license plates in every parking lot are IL plates. Very few wearing masks. It's life as it should be so if you're sick of the ridiculous rules in Illinois head up there and enjoy!

BTW - there is a very LARGE silent majority amongst us that agree with the "open everything up" idea. Have yet to talk to a friend or family member that doesn't think these rules are ridiculous. Unfortunately the vocal minority are keeping IL shut down and forcing job loss, permanent business closures, etc. So those of us that use logic and reason need to speak up more and force these politicians to open everything up!!!

Old 06-18-2020, 07:48 PM

4,675 posts, read 7,397,087 times
Meanwhile 21 states and counting seeing record increases in coronavirus outbreaks and hospitalizations not commensurate with testing increases...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...day/index.html

“Let er rip” is quite possibly the stupidest and most poorly-reasoned argument that is both selfish and wantonly dangerous, perpetuated not by people using science and reason but by mindless political lemmings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois