Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 05:36 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times

Advertisements

I left 11 years ago, no regrets.............my brother just left... went to wisconsin......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 06:08 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Exactly I put up with all the crap from the "party of the working people" because decent jobs in my profession are very hard to come by. Otherwise I'd be out of here like a bat out of h#ll to a place where the govt serves the people instead of vice versa here in Illinois. I am looking forward to leaving when I retire but that is a long way away. It goes to show how a place with so much going for it can be loused up by leftists.
I've said this before and I'll say it again. Moving is only temporary. If you don't stand and fight for your values then leftism will creep in. That's what's been happening throughout the country. I expect to see that reflected in this November's election results.

If you think Texas or whatever is so great then a lot of other people do too, and they will eventually vote in those policies that you're running from.

Old 09-29-2020, 07:11 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,361,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
You have it spot on. I left Chicago after 25 years and moved to Texas in 2014. Every time I return to Illinois I have this imaginary fantasy in my head that I might move back and can still smell the good ol days of living in Illinois.

That dream is always crushed once I return . Family seems to progressively get more depressed. The roads, and bridges look more ran down than the last time. Another friend flees to another state.

Last but not least..... NOTHING CHANGES besides the taxes! It only gets worst!! I seen it all when my favorite burrito joint had slot machines in the front....What a joke
What part of Chicago did you come from? My neck of the woods keeps on getting better. Texas for me would be sure hell between the weather, Ted Cruz, fire ants and the redneck vibe. I am grateful to Texas for meeting my wife in Dallas, but no way.

Old 09-29-2020, 07:22 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
I've said this before and I'll say it again. Moving is only temporary. If you don't stand and fight for your values then leftism will creep in. That's what's been happening throughout the country. I expect to see that reflected in this November's election results.

If you think Texas or whatever is so great then a lot of other people do too, and they will eventually vote in those policies that you're running from.
Did you happen to see the Trib yesterday about which party was in control of the politics here? So many seats were running unopposed it was embarrassing. But the fact is, you can't win here if you are a GOP. My neighbor ran for a state house seat and it came out later than her primary challenger said she (the challenger) lost because she refused to take $$ from Mike Madigan. So MM funds the people's campaigns who he wants to win. It's a rigged game.

Old 09-29-2020, 07:29 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Did you happen to see the Trib yesterday about which party was in control of the politics here? So many seats were running unopposed it was embarrassing. But the fact is, you can't win here if you are a GOP. My neighbor ran for a state house seat and it came out later than her primary challenger said she (the challenger) lost because she refused to take $$ from Mike Madigan. So MM funds the people's campaigns who he wants to win. It's a rigged game.
lol, it has to be something in the water here. Luckily, I'm immune to stupid.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:00 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
This is something which would take more of a mass movement. Unfortunately, we seem to be too diluted now by right flight, which isn't new. This has been going on for decades. But leftism will spread until conservatives stand up to it.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:43 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
What part of Chicago did you come from? My neck of the woods keeps on getting better. Texas for me would be sure hell between the weather, Ted Cruz, fire ants and the redneck vibe. I am grateful to Texas for meeting my wife in Dallas, but no way.

Our interstate system has more Texas tags than any other state, by a mile.
Some were in UHauls, and none were heading towards the lone star state.
Similar to Florida, many move there; then hate it.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:38 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Our interstate system has more Texas tags than any other state, by a mile.
Some were in UHauls, and none were heading towards the lone star state.
Similar to Florida, many move there; then hate it.
Idk about Texas, but residency in FL is 6 months and one day a year, so many people come back to IL when it is sweltering- with their FL plates. Homestead exemption in FL means something, so a lot of people get homestead exemption there and may have a condo or small home here too.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:48 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
This is something which would take more of a mass movement. Unfortunately, we seem to be too diluted now by right flight, which isn't new. This has been going on for decades. But leftism will spread until conservatives stand up to it.
The interesting thing is, it's not just right flight. I hear liberals talk about leaving, too. They just can't seem to put it together that they are voting in this shi$. They just have a friend and stick her sign in their yard. Ask them about Mike Madigan and they say 'who'?

Old 09-29-2020, 02:25 PM

685 posts, read 767,611 times
Quote:

That's why I never understood the boosters down there bragging about how great it is. You see them on the news and hear them on the radio. If they value their slice of heaven, they shouldn't be advertising it for invasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois