Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:07 PM

3 posts, read 20,617 times

Advertisements

i dont believe in this hog wash but here is a little more info on the murders....
Southern Indiana Paranormal Investigations: Dan's Run - 07/01/07 - 07/05/07 - 07/13/07
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 20,617 times
Sweeny was bad news, always had been, danny guthrie wasnt much better, but these are two of the bigger names in henryville, could this be the reason the town wont talk? the Guthries own this town.....also i remember a teacher that was a suspect, he taught special ed in scottsburg, his truck was spotted near the area where one of the boys were found at the time of his death...i have heard many stories, being from around this area, i can not believe that with todays technology that it isnt an open cold case file...
a lot of the older, prestigious people in this town have died and a lot of outsiders have moved in, maybe its time to try again before it is to late, if these boys were sexually molested, surely there is DNA and possibly could be run thru a data base and be checked.....also there was a lot of 'gossip' about the sweeny's brother... who later in life committed murder...hid the body and than dug it up and reburied it..many say he was involved...

Old 03-02-2012, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 5,998 times
The jewel brothers had nothing to do with it. I am good friends with the guy that found the body in the forestry in the late seventies. The police know who did it but could not prove it and he died some years back.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 11,936 times
Why was Todd Carr suspected?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 11,936 times
@SMRISEDEN......Joe and Todd are brothers, sons of Dr. Joe Carr.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,761 times
Donald Abell and Jeff Burkett were not in the same grade, but as small as Henryville is/was then we had study halls with all grades in them. So, they may have known each other as acquaintances. Their personalities were totally different, so I doubt they were friends. Donald kept to himself and Jeff never knew a stranger. Donald left school early the day he went missing. Jeff was walking towards home going towards the overpass after school let out. What if someone came off the interstate and picked him up? Then came back through for Donald or any other person they could find. I'm sure some of the people named here were checked to see if they were in class at the time and cleared. I definitely think the police knew who did it and couldn't prove it and was waiting for another murder to catch them. Maybe they moved away. I never heard anything about the Dr. Hines before. Zack or Mack may not have been twins, Mack could have been a nickname from his last name even. I did hear about the authorities going to question a couple boys that went on vacation in Florida. Was Zack and Mack supposed to be involved in the Sweeney boys murder? That was in 74 by the way. Donald had to go over the overpass to get home too I think, it's been awhile since I've been through those backroads.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoreville View Post
Sweeny was bad news, always had been, danny guthrie wasnt much better, but these are two of the bigger names in henryville, could this be the reason the town wont talk? the Guthries own this town.....also i remember a teacher that was a suspect, he taught special ed in scottsburg, his truck was spotted near the area where one of the boys were found at the time of his death...i have heard many stories, being from around this area, i can not believe that with todays technology that it isnt an open cold case file...
a lot of the older, prestigious people in this town have died and a lot of outsiders have moved in, maybe its time to try again before it is to late, if these boys were sexually molested, surely there is DNA and possibly could be run thru a data base and be checked.....also there was a lot of 'gossip' about the sweeny's brother... who later in life committed murder...hid the body and than dug it up and reburied it..many say he was involved...
I have only lived in Henryville for a few years and have quickly realized that this town is all about what last name you have. I strongly believe that whomever did these awful things payed people to keep there mouths shut. That is how things seem to work in this twisted town. Its all in who you know! That type of thing makes me angry. Especially when it involves children whose lives were brutally cut short. People on here say that it never happened but I believe it did as we have had some strange things happen and my property is next to forestry. If the killer is found maybe it will put the restless spirits to rest and bring closure to the friends and family.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:40 PM

7 posts, read 53,738 times
Default Sweeney Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRothschild View Post
I've read about these murders, and to me some of the facts remain striking, even to this day. It's always helpful to construct a "commonality list" when it comes to serial murders, to understand why the targets were chosen. For the life of me, I cannot understand why these lads were selected. Were they exhibiting homosexual behavior before their abduction and sodomizing? Did they dress or act provocatively in some way? From reports, the Sweeney boy was an attractive young man and the others I'm struggling to find information on. I can image before they were snuffed of life they were repeatedly ravaged, in every way imaginable. I know that a flashlight was used in one of the crimes.

It breaks my heart to hear about families still struggling with this. I hope that through modern DNA testing the pederast who committed these atrocities can be brought to justice, if he didn't pass away like others have suggested.
The Sweeney boy was an attractive young child. He was one of my best friends. He would meet up with my cousin and I on the school playground and push us as we played on the swings. I remember his curly blonde hair and blue eyes to this day.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:58 PM

Default Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's child View Post
there were witnesses that saw things to implicate 3 individuals the day of the first murder. The police have the info but, can't believe they haven't acted on it. Maybe because DNA forensics were'nt available? Two of the individuals were twins.
Dr. Carr didn't have twins, his son[s] were highly suspected of the murders, but were not twins. His medical partner Dr. Green had a set of twins, Kendall & Kendra. The Greens were never suspected in the murders.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:00 PM

Default Carr Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriseden View Post
I live in Indiana and found this thread a couple of days ago. I am fascinated by this story and I love to do research, so I have done some on the people that are mentioned in this thread.

On another message board I found this:
"The Jewell brothers that people say were questioned were Mike and Steve.
Also rumored to be involved was Dr. Carr's son he ran with the Jewells."

According to the Clark County GIS system, found here: [URL="http://clark-in.egis.39dn.com/#"]eGIS 2.0 - Clark County, IN © 39 Degrees North[/URL]
There is a an Anthony Pierce Jewell who has owned 2914 Forestry Rd in Henryville since 1900.

(There is also a couple of Jewells who have owned property in Jeffersonville and/or Sellersburg since 1900 and a few other properties deeded to owner's with the last name Jewell between 1995 and 2000.)

I have been unable to find any further information about Mike, Steve, or Anthony Jewell.

A check of the Indiana professional license verification website:
[URL]https://mylicense.in.gov/eVerification/[/URL]
reveals that Joe Henderson Carr was licensed to practice medicine in Henryville from 1957 to 1995.

Joe H. Carr died in April of 1994 and his estate was probated in Clark county in 1994 and 1995 ([URL]https://mycase.in.gov/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=4721759[/URL]). Joe H. Carr II was co-personal representative. The cause number of the estate is: 10C01-9404-ES-000063. A visit to the clerk's office or the Court (Clark County Circuit Court 1) should yield anyone willing to pay for copies any of the pleadings filed in the estate, including the Will. This would give you the names of Mr. Carr's relatives, if nothing else.

Joe Jr. and his wife Patricia L., currently own 1421 Blue Lick Rd in Henryville, as well as other property around Henryville. There is also a Lance and Kelly Carr who were deeded some properties in Henryville in 1995.

Yahoo search results show a link with this description when searching for "Todd Carr" + "Henryville":
Todd Carr 1979 graduate of Henryville High School in Henryville, IN is on Memory Lane.

Various search results also indicate that Patricia, Joe's wife, competes in, and wins, many rodeos, and one listing with her as a winner also lists a Todd A. Carr of Henryville, IN as winning a prize.

There is no indication anywhere however, that Todd and Joe are related.

There was a Dr. Greene licensed to practice in Henryville during the time of these murders, however, according to his obituary, he only had one son, William Kendall Greene. His estate was probated in Clark County from 2002 - 2004 under cause number: 10C01-0205-ES-000036.

Dr. Kenneth Hines indeed plead guilty to child molest and surrendered his medical license. The link provided by the poster of that information, however, was incorrect. The link to the Court documents and Police officer's reports is:
[URL]http://www.in.gov/apps/pla/litigation/viewer.aspx?id=9404[/URL]

Well, hopefully that will give all those who are looking for information somewhere to go from here.
I found no reference to any twins or anyone named Jack, Mack or Zack.

Shelley
Dr. Carr didn't have twins, his son[s] were highly suspected of the murders, but were not twins. His medical partner Dr. Green had a set of twins, Kendall & Kendra. The Greens were never suspected in the murders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana