Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:43 AM

4 posts, read 26,598 times

Advertisements

I am looking to get a 2nd home on Bass Lake. Does anyone have any info for this area. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2006, 12:46 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Lots of Illinois people.

Old 08-26-2006, 05:38 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,155,186 times
Bass Lake has to be about the same as Lake Shaeffer and Freeman down near Monticello (White County).....too many cottages and people.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:51 AM

1 posts, read 10,044 times
Bass Lake is no longer just a place with small cottages. In the past two years we have seen tons of cottages torn down and huge homes going up. Many are over 3000 square feet. Bass Lake is very popular now with people from Illinois and Michigan. Knox, the town to shop is growing fast and furious. Great place to live. Also, 18 hold golf course very near the lake

Old 03-20-2007, 05:47 PM

23 posts, read 123,467 times
Lightbulb have you tried Koontz Lake?

I have not been to Bass Lake, but some friends of mine lived there for years and hated it. Same reasons as stated above...too many people and too much oversized new construction moving in. Have you looked at Koontz Lake -- full-activity lake, great fishing and still reasonable prices (although prices are increasing since the new sewer system was approved recently -- this is what happened at Bass Lake years ago I hear). A house at Koontz Lake would be a great investment. Lots of IL people, but also some from NW Indiana. And only 45 minutes or less from Valparaiso down either Rt. 6 or 30.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 9,889 times
Thumbs up Beautiful Bass Lake

I live in Chicago, but grew up in North Judson/Toto and my parents owned a bar (Bamboo Lounge) on Bass Lake for 20 years. I owned the bar for about 7 years as my personal recreation center, and had a blast at Bass Lake. We had family gatherings, went boating, and had a bonfire every night on the weekends. I think Bass Lake is great fun!! I have since sold the property (not by choice, by divorce), but my parents still have a pontoon boat, so I plan to get out there as often as I can this summer!! I know several people that have a 2nd home on Bass Lake and they really enjoy it.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 9,005 times
My family and I are from Chicago and own a house on Bass Lake. I have been going to the lake since I was born and wouldn't have it any other way. My summer calendar begins and ends with Bass Lake. I would encourage anyone to find residence there and enjoy as much as I have. My family has enjoyed 3 generations at the lake and we look forward to many more.

On a side note, Shelly, I remember the Bamboo Lounge and was sad to see it go! Even though I never went there myself, every time I go down to the lake I take a drive around all 8.2 miles to see what has come and gone.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:28 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Bass Lake is also close to Bailey's in Toto ... it's a shopping experience!

Old 08-16-2007, 06:34 PM

18 posts, read 77,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly Tucciarelli View Post
I live in Chicago, but grew up in North Judson/Toto and my parents owned a bar (Bamboo Lounge) on Bass Lake for 20 years. I owned the bar for about 7 years as my personal recreation center, and had a blast at Bass Lake. We had family gatherings, went boating, and had a bonfire every night on the weekends. I think Bass Lake is great fun!! I have since sold the property (not by choice, by divorce), but my parents still have a pontoon boat, so I plan to get out there as often as I can this summer!! I know several people that have a 2nd home on Bass Lake and they really enjoy it.
We have just visited with friends in Judson,having now returned to Northern Ireland,been down to Bass Lake,such a beautiful part of the country,not far from Knox,and the National Park just down the road,great for horse trails,was out on the 18 hole golf course C

Old 08-16-2007, 06:43 PM

18 posts, read 77,519 times
[quote=computerizedirishred;1296015]We have just visited with friends in Judson,having now returned to Northern Ireland,been down to Bass Lake,such a beautiful part of the country,not far from Knox,and the National Park just down the road,great for horse trails,was out on the 18 hole golf course-Chesapeake Run--tell them all i was asking after them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana