Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:04 PM

22 posts, read 130,168 times

Advertisements

We could use some input on this Helmerich Village and I hope someone knows something about it. We've put in an offer on a house in this village but are still looking for other places. How about White Oak Lake? We don't know a thing about it but am hoping someone out there can help us. We just want to buy a home on a lake to fish the rest of our lives away. HELP, please,
Donna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 10:14 PM

11 posts, read 97,864 times
I haven't lived there but i've heard it is really nice..

Old 10-20-2007, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 14,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donbo50 View Post
We could use some input on this Helmerich Village and I hope someone knows something about it. We've put in an offer on a house in this village but are still looking for other places. How about White Oak Lake? We don't know a thing about it but am hoping someone out there can help us. We just want to buy a home on a lake to fish the rest of our lives away. HELP, please,
Donna
I live in Lake Helmerich village and would be happy to anser any questions. if I don't know the answers i will found them and get bak to you.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:42 PM

22 posts, read 130,168 times
Hi Pattisue, We bought our house!!!!!! I love it. Where abouts do you live in Helmerich? I have only been there once and we fell in love with it. We're on the lake and the house by the back
entrance. We will be moving in on Nov. 15th. We don't know a soul except for the realtor, Phil, whom I'm sure you know. Stop by and introduce yourself, I'm sure I'll have loads of questions. Are you close to us?

Old 11-10-2008, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 13,575 times
Default looking for help

My mom & dad bought property on Lake Helmerich about...25 or so years ago. No house, just a lot. Due to age, she is wanting to sell. Contacted a realator in Huntingburg, who told her he couldn't help her. Who is this Phil Donbo50 is talking about? Can you tell me what realty company he is with? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Old 08-15-2009, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 12,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMASSEY View Post
My mom & dad bought property on Lake Helmerich about...25 or so years ago. No house, just a lot. Due to age, she is wanting to sell. Contacted a realator in Huntingburg, who told her he couldn't help her. Who is this Phil Donbo50 is talking about? Can you tell me what realty company he is with? Any info would be great. Thanks!
Hi,
I am in the same predicament. My husband and I bought a lot in Lake
Helmerich Village in 1978. He died the next year and I seldom visited the
Village. I now have been trying to sell the lot with no success. Phil Ahrens is the realtor the Village recommends but I think he is worthless!!
I just found a realtor that I am going to check out. It is Better Homes
Realty in Huntingburg IN. Jennifer Martin is the realtor and can be reached atcell 812-639-7189 or office 812-683-8100. Good luck!!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 12,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria hermann View Post
Hi,
I am in the same predicament. My husband and I bought a lot in Lake
Helmerich Village in 1978. He died the next year and I seldom visited the
Village. I now have been trying to sell the lot with no success. Phil Ahrens is the realtor the Village recommends but I think he is worthless!!
I just found a realtor that I am going to check out. It is Better Homes
Realty in Huntingburg IN. Jennifer Martin is the realtor and can be reached atcell 812-639-7189 or office 812-683-8100. Good luck!!!!

I have a similar situation, trying to sell 3 lots in Lake Helmerich. Did you have any luck with Jennifer Martin and selling your lot? Thanks.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:53 PM

14 posts, read 55,198 times
Just curious how many people are trying to sell lots there. There are a lot of empty lots and they seem to be impossible to sell. Several have gone into tax sales as people give up. Mine did.

I tried Phil in 2002 with no luck. Tried another later with a lower price with nothing. Then in 2007 the HOA told me my lot was too small to build on. At that point they didn't help my realtor try to sell the lot to adjoining lot owners for $500. Then they sued me. I've lost a lot of money on this property...

The people in the Pike County Government offices are real familiar with Lake Helmerich as I talked with many of them during the lawsuit.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 12,348 times
We are looking to relocate to the Japer area and came across a listing in this area. Can you tell me about it? What are you trying to sell your lots for?

Old 01-01-2010, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 12,202 times
Default Lake Helmerick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichBehr View Post
We are looking to relocate to the Japer area and came across a listing in this area. Can you tell me about it? What are you trying to sell your lots for?

Lot # 50
1 acre
across from pool
make offer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana