Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:38 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times

Advertisements

Cummins is adding a few hundred jobs with their new diesel engine production. And don't be hatin', Shrek ... Toyota is adding a bunch of new jobs too.

Go Irish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2006, 12:08 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,154,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Cummins is adding a few hundred jobs with their new diesel engine production. And don't be hatin', Shrek ... Toyota is adding a bunch of new jobs too.

Go Irish.

Go Cummins and Go Caterpillar!!!!

Old 10-28-2006, 01:05 PM

10 posts, read 31,926 times
Quote:
Of course, we who are contributing to your potential windfall expect a little something right??? Just kidding.
“Potential” is just that. The unknown. Your information is truly appreciated and everyone wins if the area grows well, instead of just growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Geez!!! just what Indiana needs...another foreign owned plant.

I'd feel a lot better if Cummins or Caterpillar were building it.
I’d feel better too if Cummins and Caterpillar were building it as well, but they’re not. According to all the information I’ve read, “It IS just what Indiana needs.” It’s a cliché, but it’s a global economy and only areas that adapt and embrace that will prosper. I don’t think Indiana was upset when BP set up camp in northern Indiana.

The US has been shifting away from its manufacturing roots for decades. We all need to figure out how to take advantage of the manufacturing industries that still exist, and create new industries that do not rely on plants to be built in our backyards.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:33 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,154,470 times
Oct2006
you're right. The French have tried to resist the *global economy* and they're paying a big price for it.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:03 PM

The folks in Whiting Indiana are still less than enthused about BP. At least Cargill took over for the french company that took over Amaizo.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:04 PM

10 posts, read 31,926 times
Quote:
The folks in Whiting Indiana are still less than enthused about BP. At least Cargill took over for the french company that took over Amaizo.
Sorry, I'm not a fan of oil companies either. Would like to see if we can make something out of this E85 or other ethanol, bio diesel based fuel alternatives.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oct2006 View Post
Sorry, I'm not a fan of oil companies either. Would like to see if we can make something out of this E85 or other ethanol, bio diesel based fuel alternatives.
I'm looking forward to seeing how these supposed clean diesel engines do. I wish they would make one for minivans!

Old 11-20-2006, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 5,562 times
My family is looking at relocating to the Greensburg, Batesville area soon. Although we have no ties to the new Honda Plant, we are curious what it is going to do to the housing/property market. I am currently trying to gather as much information as I can about the school systems in the area. I have heard great things about North Decatur Schools but have been unable to get much information concerning the other schools in the area. I would welcome any information that anyone could provide on all the school systems in the area as this is the biggest deciding factor of where we will be purchasing a home.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:43 AM

Have you tried the Indiana department of education's website? You can google it. The new results should be coming out soon.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 5,229 times
Frist I think the answers to all of quote should be answered by someone who lives in greensburg. The greensburg School System is great I have three girls who love it. Our little town is a excellent place to raise kids we might not have the nightlife as you say but we don't have the crime as columbus or shelbyville does. You can still let your kids walk to a friends house without the worry as you would in columbus or shelbyville. We like our town the way it we don't to live in a big city. If you want that then you need to move to indy.

cummins is not a good places for hour people unless you want to make 12.00 a hour there is nothing to do in columbus except drive 45 min. or longer to brown county to the state park for hiking or shopping in Nashville. greenwood is know father away for columbus as it is from greensburg you just need to know your way around the cornfields.

Now if you want to live in a town were people are people and still speak to a strange when they past by then greensburg is it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana