Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2006, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 8,435 times

Advertisements

My family and I are wanting to relocate to Crothersville, IN. I hope someone can tell something about the town. I will be working in North Vernon. I chose Crothersville because of the small town and small school system. I also need a place to rent. If some can please help I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by eballard; 10-25-2006 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 08:36 PM

246 posts, read 1,057,811 times
Default highliner

Forget Crothersville, unless you're planning to build new. Madison is closer, much larger, and more convenient, than that crappy little blot on the interstate.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:26 PM

3 posts, read 41,426 times
Hello, I grew up in Crothersville. There is nothing to do there. The school system is not that great. You would be better off living in North Vernon or Seymour. Those towns have activities for kids to do besides school. Hope you find something.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:10 PM

12 posts, read 57,722 times
Before you move to Crothersville you should check out the news stories about Katie Collman in 2005. That town has serious problems. Seymour has better schools, the main library (which has doubled in size twice in the past 20 years) instead of a little branch, a hospital (which has doubled in size twice like the library) with a new cancer center going up, and an interesting mix of newcomers of many races. IMHO, Seymour is by far the best little town in this area, including North Vernon. It's more welcoming, more educated, more dynamic, and prettier than the norm. Our US Representative, Baron Hill's kids went to the public school where his wife is a teacher. If you come to this area I heartily recommend you volunteer. That's the fastest way to meet friends who really appreciate seeing you show up. I recommend READ Jackson County, which teaches GED and ESL. This county has an amazing rate of volunteerism. The down side of that is you are expected to give away your expertise instead of being paid. But the perks are wonderful. I wish I could afford to stay but the wages are terrible. It's a great place to raise a family or be retired. The Boys and Girls Club and 4H are hugely popular. There's just a touch of southern charm and pronunciation, so it's likely someone will hold a door for you, call you "hun," or say "y'all." I'm always surprised how polite even really scary-looking people can be here, although I would give a wide berth to a man with a Confederate flag on his truck because he's probably pretty angry about life. Seymour clings to its "VJ Day Parade" with a death grip despite protests in the paper by the younger generation that its offensive to Japanese in the community. Seymour has come a long, long way since the overt racism of WWII and the Freeman Field "mutiny," which is remembered with a small museum. Seymour doesn't try to hide the fact that its past had its ugly moments, although its proud of having the first train robbers, the Reno Brothers. Some people feel threatened by the influx of Hispanics but their entrepreneurship has revitalized downtown. And everyone seems to have allergy problems, including many of the animals, so you are never alone in your suffering. (If you have small children, Brown is the school everyone wants to get into but there are also good parochial schools that are popular.)

Old 07-09-2009, 09:52 AM

2 posts, read 4,823 times
Ya forget C-ville its a waste Also stay away from Austin to it is the worst town around, You might get robbed,killed,offered drugs or sex & ect... lol sad town.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,543 times
[hello, i need information do you know raicevic family from crothersville and can you give me information about number local infopult. tnx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana