Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 06:05 PM

7 posts, read 56,371 times

Advertisements

Have you been scammed yet?

They've lost their cases in Ill and NY, but I'm wondering how many people in IN are signing up without doing any research first?

They came to my door for the third time banging on my 100 yr old screen like there was an emergency.

If there's a next time, there may be an emergency.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 08:30 AM

4 posts, read 12,823 times
Default They didn't get me!

...and if I can save just one more victim, this will be worth it! If you are talking about those guys who come to your door claiming to have the best rates on natural gas for you-THEY ARE A SCAM!!!! My husband was stalling them at the door while I called our local gas company (NIPSCO) and asked them if these guys were legitimate and what are they up to. NIPSCO representative was VERY nice and helpful about the explaining the whole thing and I point blank asked them what their current rate for gas was for my household (which is also stated on the bill every month) and they have told me that their rates have NEVER exceeded .89 a therm. These guys were claiming doom and gloom and I had better lock in the $1.14 NOW while I still had the chance before the gas skyrockets, etc. I would of been locked in that rate regardless if it went lower, too. My Aunt across the street got suckered in. These guys are good at intimidating people! Thanks for posting and hopefully we can cut these people's profits down a little by making the consumer more aware and informed!

Old 02-09-2008, 09:10 PM

10 posts, read 46,714 times
Shalom ....openspaces I checked with nipsco and found them to be best offer...my husband and I are moving to Valparaiso,IN and not sure if we will need gas or not but it is nice to know what the options are thanks ..Laney

Old 02-11-2008, 07:36 AM

4 posts, read 12,823 times
Default You're welcome...

I am glad I could help! My brother works at Valpo University. Nice town! I don't know if you are from Indiana, but either way, welcome! I hope you enjoy living here! Best of luck!

Old 03-02-2008, 12:13 PM

3 posts, read 9,003 times
Default Didn't get me

I just asked for more info, he gave it to me, and off he went.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 6,307 times
Default Natural Gas prices

Whoever posted have you been scamed yet didn't do their research or look at the long term who ever signed a contract in 2004 at .739 per therm for a five year is saving money.. and U.S. energy savings didn't loose their cases against them they settled because they have alot of happy customers. my husband and I signed on for $1.09per therm in for five years we get that natural gas is a commodity the price fluctuates. No other company signs a five year fix if natural gas was at 1.72 in july where is it going to be at in december. Oh lets do a four month break down
June 1.42
july 1.72 per therm
August 1.45 per therm
Sept .93 per therm
and now divide by 4
that's about $1.38 per therm nipsco charged
and right now Nipsco is offering 1yr fixed therm at 1.02 per therm if they didn't think the natural gas prices were going to go up they wouldn't offer a similar program.
and the guys that settled with u.s. energy that signed on for 1.07 or 1.09 per therm are kicking themselves in butt right now but no one looks at the long term and doesn't understand that one devil or another is going to get your money we just now have the right to choose what devil it is and how much we can afford and for how long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana