Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 04:07 PM

10 posts, read 24,609 times

Advertisements

I've heard wonderful things about Columbus but I have options. My choices are Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Northern KY.
Can somebody tell me the pros and cons of Indianapolis? Should I consider looking there or should I stick with Columbus?
I'm getting cold feet I guess. I live in El Paso, TX and it was 75 degrees yesterday and we were out playing golf. I know that is not going to happen with any of my options but any guidance is appreciated. I love the outdoors and especially golf. We have a 10 month old little girl. We love food and wine. I just picked up scrapbooking. I guess everyone with a baby does for a while but I really enjoy it. Pretty much home bodies but like to go out every once in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 05:05 PM

91 posts, read 316,435 times
kareninelptx,
Columbus is a great place. There are plenty of golf courses and even more on the outskirts of Columbus such as Seymour, Edinburgh, and Brown County. We have many nice restuarants to choose from but if you would like a little more activity Indy is about 45 minutes North and Louisville is about 70 minutes South. As far as scrapbooking I am sure you would be able to connect with a group of people. There is a store just for scrapbooking but I cannot recall the name of it at the moment. I would not be the one to tell you about Indianapolis because I have never lived there. The weather in Indiana definately rates at the bottom of my list because I do not like the cold but if you can tough it out for about 2 long months then you will do just fine.

Good Luck in where ever you go!
Julie

Old 01-27-2009, 03:14 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareninelptx View Post
I've heard wonderful things about Columbus but I have options. My choices are Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Northern KY.
Can somebody tell me the pros and cons of Indianapolis? Should I consider looking there or should I stick with Columbus?
I'm getting cold feet I guess. I live in El Paso, TX and it was 75 degrees yesterday and we were out playing golf. I know that is not going to happen with any of my options but any guidance is appreciated. I love the outdoors and especially golf. We have a 10 month old little girl. We love food and wine. I just picked up scrapbooking. I guess everyone with a baby does for a while but I really enjoy it. Pretty much home bodies but like to go out every once in a while.
Hello! We moved to Columbus about a year and a half ago. We really like it here (a little too much, some on here may think ) Regardless of where you pick to live ... 75 degrees and golfing in January is kind of a no go. My 8 year old plays golf at our local par 3 (chip and putt) and loves it. There are golf courses everywhere, so really, you should concentrate on picking a city that feels good to you. My neighbor spends 3-5 days a week when the weather breaks at Otter Creek Golf Course.

Columbus has been great for our family. It's stable and well established .. not terribly strip mally, like a lot of suburbs. People are friendly and my kids are always busy with school activities and other events outside of school.

I don't know, Columbus just agrees with us. Any chance of you visiting any of the other areas?

We lived in Fishers for 4 years prior to moving to Columbus. We like Columbus better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana