Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 07:45 AM

5 posts, read 18,972 times

Advertisements

I will start a job this fall in Newburgh,IN, but it is closer to East -South-East Evansville,just on I 164. I am willing to commute about 20-25min and do not look for a city home. I am looking to live in a rural community,where I have some armspace.
For now I am mostly looking for an appartment/small home on a farm or a small home out in the country. About 700-800sqf. Schools or lots of restaurants/paid entertainment around my home are not important for me. There`s plenty of that near the office. Looking to rent for now. It should not be in a flooding zone and in a grown neighborhood, not in a new artificial development. Should have some space for a Garden and if possible not within city limits. I know, I ask a lot,but what are my options? Areas? I am also open for Kentucky, just anywhere in reach, where I can get some halfway affordable rural living. Would Kentucky be cheaper or is it about the same? Taxes, fuel etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 AM

Seems that what I am looking for is hard to find.We will see.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:49 AM

205 posts, read 587,858 times
You might try the rural areas of Warrick County (the country where Newburgh is located) to the north around Lynnville or Folsomville, or east near Yankeetown or Hatfield

It is a bit hard with what you describe. The area you mention is pretty much surrounded by town. What farmland remains in that area is being gobbled up for development.

Spencer County might be what you're looking for. Kentucky also might be an option. I can't really speak to the financial comparisons, taxes, etc.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:15 PM

Thank you very much for these tips. I will see what I can find.
Spencer County sounds very interesting,too.
I still would be interested in KY,but since I will work in IN, I don`t know about the differences in Taxes, cost of living etc.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:48 PM

12 posts, read 30,666 times
Kentucky will be a little more affordable but there is a stigma for living in KY and working in IN. Believe me, just like there is a stigma for living on the West Side and working in Newburgh, even though the west side is more charming and quaint and scenic. I do agree about Spencer County, but you could look northward as well. Scott School, McCutchanville Area, now that address will turn heads. Again, just do not go to KY.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:02 AM

Why will that adress turn heads? Because it is so expensive there?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:47 PM

205 posts, read 587,858 times
That area is attracting more affluent folks and it's one of the more desirable places right now. This is one of the places I mean when I mentioned about farmland being gobbled up for development. It is a very nice area, and there are still some rural parts, but that 47725 zip code adds a consisderable price tag. It's a good area, thogh, and you might find something to your liking

Old 10-27-2009, 08:09 PM

Yes, as in affluent.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:19 PM

4 posts, read 9,956 times
What is your price range for apartments? I just finished looking for apartments in Evansville and I think I visited every apartment complex I could find.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:21 AM

Default Downtown?

Any price range you can imagine! Did you look downtown? There are lofts that are pricey and very fancy, or there is the historic and the regular complex-type that are found in the mall areas. There are a lot of artsy types and art colony, the museum and good coffee shops are around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana