Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 03:31 PM

260 posts, read 1,346,051 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else see / hear anything related to that explosion / sonic boom / fire in the sky last night near Howard / Tipton / Clinton County?

I was coming home last night somewhere around 10:45pm and something caught my eye and when I glanced over, I caught just a glimpse of what appeared to be 4 or 5 yellowish red "fire balls" all in a row in the sky just in between two houses. I stopped and backed up to try and see if I really saw what I thought I did, but it was gone.

I did not think too much more of it, thought maybe I was dillusional or maybe it was a glare on the window or something. Then later that night the news starting talking about an "explosion" in kokomo,a possible plane crash, meteor or whatever. It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together, but then it clicked and I know what ever it was that I saw was around that time and would have been to the North (I live close to Morse resevoir) so I am almost certain that I really did see something and am not going crazy after all!

Anyway, they are now saying it was an "astrological event"....some suspect some sort of military testing, and of course the UFO theory is out there. I was just curious of anyone else down this way saw or heard anything. In case you all missed it, here is the link to the Kokomo website Kokomo Tribune; Kokomo, Indiana - UPDATE: Boom could be jets, or meteors (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
The Indy star is saying it was fighter jets, but I don't know ... it's all very Close Encounters eh? Didn't part of that movie take place in Indiana???

Old 04-17-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
The Indy star is saying it was fighter jets, but I don't know ... it's all very Close Encounters eh? Didn't part of that movie take place in Indiana???
I don't intend to be a conspiracy theorist, but it just seems awful strange that they called off the search after barely 1 1/2 hrs, and they had "no idea what it was". The military was denying that they had any aircraft in the area, until today apparantly. I guess this same thing happened a few days ago in logansport....hmmmmm, if the same thing happened just a few day prior, why all the confusion as to what it was? One would also think that the military would AT LEAST alert local law enforcement and / or emergency personell if they were going to be causing sonic booms and shooting balls of of fire through the sky...I can understand not making a public announcement, but don't you think someone on the other end of 911 should probably be given a heads up? There I go again, giving govt too much... credit.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:23 PM

[SIZE=2]O.K., maybe, just MAYBE there may be some truth to this F-16 flare thing...I found this video on you tube which looks similar to what I saw in the sky to the North last night
YouTube - Military Flares over kokomo Although the "fire balls" I saw appeared much closer together, I suppose from the distance I was from wher it actually occured may have made them look closer.

I have seen these flares in action during the day, but never at night, and what is in this video does appear to be flares. I just still find the whole denial to acceptance thing a little odd.

I also found this qoute in an articel regarding the incident....

"The Guard says they plan to continue the training missions on a regular basis. They say next time, they will notify all sheriff's departments in their flight path to avoid this week's alarm and confusion."

Is someone from the Guard reading this forum? Here we are in the yr 2008, and they just now figured out that alerting the local authorities when this type of training is going on might be a good idea? Especially with the whole "Kokomo hum" thing going on, the last thing these people need to see is or hear is loud booms and fire in the sky! LMAO
[/SIZE]

Old 04-17-2008, 10:31 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,307,769 times
I heard it last night up in Fort Wayne. It definitely sounded like a sonic boom or several from a jet/jets. I looked out the window, didn't see anything, and declared my family safe. I used to live in a flight path from Los Angeles and it was remarkably similar, but definitely louder. The planes would be making their descent 60 miles out and it was quite noticeable. We'd hear things land from the high desert too, like the space shuttle. That was a blast.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:49 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Flares and then an earthquake ... Indiana is gettin' freakay!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Flares and then an earthquake ... Indiana is gettin' freakay!!!
No doubt....I'm afraid to go to bed tonight, I might miss something!

Old 04-18-2008, 03:04 PM

I bet the National Guard is thrilled about this earthuake thing, took all the attention right off of them didn't it?

Old 04-19-2008, 08:06 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGibby View Post
I bet the National Guard is thrilled about this earthuake thing, took all the attention right off of them didn't it?
And who knows if maybe they set some device to cause the 'quake themselves!?!?!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana