Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 05:31 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,533,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
Yes, they did - and they also got free tattoos for winning
And the 2002 National Championship, which is way more than Iowa can ever claim. In fact, that season only one Big 10 school lost its bowl game. Care to guess which one??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
When someone around here says they are visiting Nashville, they are usually referring to the one Brown County. I like Nashville, TN; but I wonder how on the radar that is for most people in Indianapolis as a destination beyond seeing the Colts play at LP Field. That seems like it usually just a pass through on the way to Gatlinburg.
I have actually seen the Colts play in Nashville. But I have also taken one of my sons to a show at the Opry. He's the country fan. Even if you're not a country fan, it's interesting to see how they do the show.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:53 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,754,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
And the 2002 National Championship, which is way more than Iowa can ever claim. In fact, that season only one Big 10 school lost its bowl game. Care to guess which one??
Ohio State is full of nerds. I remember Illinois was pretty bad too.

I never really cared about the college football thing (never been down with midwest fanaticism) I only thought it was funny how "The ohio state" got very mad when t-shirts were made to intentionally poke fun at that. Only nerds would cry over such a thing.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:02 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,057,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenwende View Post
I think most from central Indiana south would rather go to Florida, if anything. Most of the people I knew that went north were two generations removed from me. There seems to be the idea that the lake is dirty (compared to...?) and Michigan is not worth the time if you can afford to go to Florida. The Smokey Mountains were probably the second most common vacation destination within the US.

I am personally a big fan of the Lake. I'd rather go there than Florida and I have been there in the dead of winter. But very few agree with me. Oh well.
Florida? Nahh... I'd much rather go to the Carolinas! Outerbanks, Wilmington, Charleston, Myrtle Beach... I even take Maryland and Virginia coasts over Florida... Florida is way too crowded and touristy for my taste.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Ohio State is full of nerds.
Funny coming from a guy who uses terms like Narnian to describe certain cities and who started a thread about interest in In-n-Out burger as being reflective of a latent envy toward California.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:48 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,900,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Florida? Nahh... I'd much rather go to the Carolinas! Outerbanks, Wilmington, Charleston, Myrtle Beach... I even take Maryland and Virginia coasts over Florida... Florida is way too crowded and touristy for my taste.
Yeah, I don't get the overwhelming appeal of Florida either, but that was just heaven for a lot of people I knew/know in Hoosierland. Florida isn't close either, but not many people I knew flew down there. Most of them drove.

The Carolinas are nice, but it was rare that I ever heard of someone vacationing to the coast. Florida, Tennessee, Las Vegas in that order. YMMV.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenwende View Post
Yeah, I don't get the overwhelming appeal of Florida either, but that was just heaven for a lot of people I knew/know in Hoosierland. Florida isn't close either, but not many people I knew flew down there. Most of them drove.

The Carolinas are nice, but it was rare that I ever heard of someone vacationing to the coast. Florida, Tennessee, Las Vegas in that order. YMMV.
Yeah, you have a point! I've noticed the Florida obsession as well... There are far better places than Florida so I don't get it either.

Last year, we tried something different and drove 2 hours north to Michigan City Indiana and rented a house on Lake Michigan for our summer vacation.... It was different than what we are used to but we had a great time, it was awesome. Much shorter drive, less expensive and the weather was beautiful. We even drove up into Michigan through New Buffalo and farther up north, it was a very nice experience!

This year, we're heading back home to NC... But the mountains this time. Staying at the in-laws cabin in Boone and definitely spending some quality time in Asheville. Can't wait to get back on my mountain bike and take the kids on a hike.......

Old 05-11-2012, 06:00 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
I never really cared about the college football thing (never been down with midwest fanaticism)
The USC in USC Trojans doesn't stand for University of Schucking Corn.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:24 AM

261 posts, read 500,910 times
Quote:

I guess even California has narnians.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Funny.... When I lived back in the Carolinas, a lot of my friends who were going to or had graduated from University of South Carolina always got really pissed off about USC being nationally viewed as University of Southern California and not South Carolina...... Whenever anyone sees USC, they almost NEVER think South Carolina!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis