Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 03:07 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,079,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranosb View Post
I'm seeing negative crime reports in Brooke Chase Fishers, is Fishers a low crime area in the 46038 area or is there problems?
I work with some people who live in Brooke Chase. Both have said it is a nice neighborhood. If it was as bad as it could have gotten, they would both be out. The neighborhood does allow rentals, but I'm hearing that they stopped Section 8 rentals. I really don't see how they could do that, and since Section 8 is so popular since the US Tres check never bounces, I would think at least one landlord would have filed a lawsuit if the HOA really passed some rule banning HUD rentals.

I would say just drive through the area and check it out. We all know the "broken windows" evidence to look for: Trashy lawns, junk cars that sit and never move, visible home repairs needed but never gotten to, etc.. When my co-workers say it isn't bad, that it is a decent neighborhood, I believe them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 07:22 PM

4 posts, read 4,886 times
Fishers is a wonderful area to live. We live right beside i69, but hardly hear any traffic. The only issue we have is we live right beside the police station and fire station. But we live in apartments. Otherwise, the area from 69 all the way over to hazel dell on 116th street, is a wonderful area.

I feel extremely safe here, have friendly neighbors, and have at most a 5 minute drive to Target, Walmart, Marsh, Kroger, and several fast food shops and the library.

The apartments we live in are Sunblest Apartments. We got ours on special for $750/month for a 2 bed 2 bath, though it normally runs $850. We have never had any issues here. It is very kid friendly, and pet friendly. We love the location and they do all sorts of landscaping care. We have been here 2 years and would love to stay until we can afford a house. Also, you can get a smaller 2 bed 2 bath, or 1 bed for a cheaper price than we have. Maintance are extremely nice and are always here the day of the complaint/call or within 24 hours. And they fix it the right way.

I would highly recommend this area. And, as for noisy, as I said, it is noisy where I live only from the police and fire stations. We hardly ever hear traffic from 116th or i69.

Hope you enjoy living here!

Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 AM

316 posts, read 660,857 times
I lived in California most my life, looking at a lot of apartments in the fishers area and see they allow dogs living inside apartments in Indiana?!
I can see a serious problem with fleas from a previous tenant, and barking sounds coming right threw the walls!

Never seen or heard of dogs allowed in apts before, only for people that rented houses had dogs that would run around the yard.

This place has nice reviews but seriously, dogs in the apartments?
Pet Friendly Apartments Fishers, IN | Wellington Place Apartments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis