Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 08:53 PM

7 posts, read 13,983 times

Advertisements

We are relocating from California in mid July and I found East Village at Avondale Meadows apartments. Are these in a safe area of town??

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 10:19 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,512,078 times
nice thats like 3 so far from California to Indy beautiful to see the smart ones get out well they can.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:54 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,478,655 times
Oh, nononononononono!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Not unless you are coming from South LA. The area is commonly called "The Meadows" and avoided by those of us who have lived here a long time.

Yes, it is new and the apartments look good on paper. It is in an area that has been a problem area for decades. In the 80's they were trying to clean it up and revitalize and it never materialized. Hasn't really happened. Consider reading between the lines of the adverts where it says "be a part of this exciting revitalization that is taking place". It has not happened quite yet. It may happen in the future (and this may be a start) but........................|

There are much better areas with better schools and better safety. Lots of new apartments being built, even downtown.

Some may claim the area is up and coming but it takes a lot to overcome my perceptions and I have lived here 35 years. If you consider it, please check the police database for the area.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:54 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,760,333 times
I saw this last evening and didn't want to be the first scream "NO".
Sweetana said it perfectly.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:40 AM

136 posts, read 141,826 times
Yes, I highly recommend the Mozel Sanders Apartments.

No seriously, that's one of the worst areas of the city.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:05 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,382 times
Holy smokin' catfish! You have to be packing plenty of heat to walk in that area, especially after dark.

Not for me. No thank you. Brooks Chase looks like Disney World by comparison.

I think I will go to the Gymboree near O'Malia's in Carmel where it is nice and safe.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 05-26-2012 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: add

Old 05-26-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 Letter Crap Spreader View Post
Yes, I highly recommend the Mozel Sanders Apartments.

No seriously, that's one of the worst areas of the city.

LOL, thats what I saw on google maps minutes before mailing my application and deposit.

I just wanted to make sure I was right.

We found a place in carmel after several some people pointed out the crime map stuff. For about 150 more bucks a month, I ll have that peace of mind.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeCali12 View Post
LOL, thats what I saw on google maps minutes before mailing my application and deposit.

I just wanted to make sure I was right.

We found a place in carmel after several some people pointed out the crime map stuff. For about 150 more bucks a month, I ll have that peace of mind.
Carmel is a pretty upscale town. Hamilton County is one of the richest counties in Indiana, if not the richest.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:14 PM

I have another question. I saw that downtown indy is only about 14 miles away from the place we found, but it says it would take 30 minutes with out traffic to get there, is this because of speed limits ??

Old 05-26-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeCali12 View Post
I have another question. I saw that downtown indy is only about 14 miles away from the place we found, but it says it would take 30 minutes with out traffic to get there, is this because of speed limits ??
The problem is, there is no interstate that runs from Carmel to downtown. You can either take US31/Meridian St down (which runs right through downtown Indy and is the east/west divider of the city) or you can take I465 down to I70 and take that downtown, which is driving way out of your way, but some people insist on taking the interstate wherever they go.

Meridian St has a lot of stop lights between 96th St and downtown and gets to be somewhat narrow and slow moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis