Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 01:27 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
Here, here I can totally relate to your situation. I survive by using IND (Indianapolis International airport) quite often

P.S. - Just how "international" is this airport? Other than the Toronto (if they still do that route) what international direct routes does NapTown have?
International in an airport name just means the airport is equipped with the ability to handle international flights, i.e. they have customs and immigration facilities available. It doesn't mean that there are any actual international flights ever scheduled. It can also refer to the ability to handle international cargo. Indianapolis airport is considered a port of entry in the United States, thus they can refer to the airport as an international airport. Besides the fact they take commercial flights to and from Toronto, they have international cargo flights every day. There are numerous airports across the country with the designation of international without having any international commercial flights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 02:03 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
International in an airport name just means the airport is equipped with the ability to handle international flights, i.e. they have customs and immigration facilities available. It doesn't mean that there are any actual international flights ever scheduled. It can also refer to the ability to handle international cargo. Indianapolis airport is considered a port of entry in the United States, thus they can refer to the airport as an international airport. Besides the fact they take commercial flights to and from Toronto, they have international cargo flights every day. There are numerous airports across the country with the designation of international without having any international commercial flights.
And I don't think anybody is confusing IND with LGA.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:24 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Thank you for that explanation, and after thinking about it I was aware of the international cargo flights that are here.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:26 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Any area with 1.9 million people or so will not offer what an area of 3.3 million would. It's simple supply and demand. An area will only sustain what its population can so there will always be fewer when the size difference is that great.
Okay, this has been beaten to death I know, but are you referring to Naptown or the 9 county metropolitan area as having 1.9 million people?? Please, correct me if I'm wrong but it does seem a bit high perhaps?

Old 05-28-2013, 02:36 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Okay, this has been beaten to death I know, but are you referring to Naptown or the 9 county metropolitan area as having 1.9 million people?? Please, correct me if I'm wrong but it does seem a bit high perhaps?
He's referring to the Indy MSA, as defined by the OMB.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:51 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,139 times
Quote:
The metro. If we were talking about city populations, Indianapolis would be more than twice the size of Minneapolis.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:59 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,136,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
They do that all over, it is not an Indiana exclusive and not even an idea that started in Indiana. Order a thin crust pizza from Dominos (which does exist in Michigan, and other states) and report back to us about how it is cut.
First off I never said it was an exclusive Indiana thing. Someone else posted it bothered them. I personally dont care but noticed it is a thing here. Another poster said they do this the Detroit area. I have never seen any pizza place including Dominio's cut a round pizza into squares (with the exclusion of square pizzas).

Old 05-29-2013, 04:23 AM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
First off I never said it was an exclusive Indiana thing. Someone else posted it bothered them. I personally dont care but noticed it is a thing here. Another poster said they do this the Detroit area. I have never seen any pizza place including Dominio's cut a round pizza into squares (with the exclusion of square pizzas).
Pizza places only do it with thin crust pizza's and even then, only some of them do it. I'm guessing that they do this in Detroit, but the cut originated in Chicago, I think.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:44 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,136,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Pizza places only do it with thin crust pizza's and even then, only some of them do it. I'm guessing that they do this in Detroit, but the cut originated in Chicago, I think.
^ I think you are right however the pizza places I have been to in Chicago cut the pizza, pie style. Didn't notice it until I moved here. Its funny if you google cutting pizza into squares people really get worked up over it! I dont really mind it myself, I eat less pizza for some reason. Can't imagine adding that to a list of things you hate about a place. Now I will gripe finding a good pie in Indiana can be difficult.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:47 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Uh oh, the emoticons are out. We officially have a thread worked up over how a pizza is cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis