Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 03:45 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,761,065 times

Advertisements

I get so sick of reading about the wonders of Carmel and Fishers on these boards. Try navigating the area some time especially at rush hour. Carmel just made a big deal out of it's 100th "traffic circle". Great except that 1/3 of the people that use them don't know HOW to use them.
Greenfield is just a bit more rural than "suburbs" but if I worked on the east side of town that'd where I would look. New Palestine? The only way in and out of town is Hwy 52 and it can become drudgery.
Franklin Twp is a good choice too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 09:24 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,226,333 times
Ok I was MIA there for a bit but, I'm back. So we drove on up to Indiana and found a house in Greenwood, my wife really liked the area. We'll rent for a year and figure out where we want to buy, but we sure liked what we saw up there. Indy and it's suburbs seem like a great place.

I live in the Northern Suburbs of Atlanta in Cobb County and for those familiar with this area, a 30 mile commute can easily run three hours a day between your morning and afternoon commute. From what I saw, I won't have to worry about traffic like that.

I know diversity is big on city data but, I live in metro Atlanta. You'd be hard pressed to find a more diverse place than this and I'm not sure I see the benefits exactly. It doesn't matter to me either way.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:54 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
Ok I was MIA there for a bit but, I'm back. So we drove on up to Indiana and found a house in Greenwood, my wife really liked the area. We'll rent for a year and figure out where we want to buy, but we sure liked what we saw up there. Indy and it's suburbs seem like a great place.

I live in the Northern Suburbs of Atlanta in Cobb County and for those familiar with this area, a 30 mile commute can easily run three hours a day between your morning and afternoon commute. From what I saw, I won't have to worry about traffic like that.

I know diversity is big on city data but, I live in metro Atlanta. You'd be hard pressed to find a more diverse place than this and I'm not sure I see the benefits exactly. It doesn't matter to me either way.
Greenwood and the Southside in general are stable, mostly middle class areas that haven't changed a great deal over the years. Greenwood itself has grown and expanded, but the demographics are still relatively unchanged. Housing is reasonable and ranges from cheap vinyl villages to higher end custom homes. Schools are good and have a great deal of diversity.

You chose well for now. It's a good place to land and get your bearings before you decide to put down roots.

RM

Old 02-19-2017, 06:11 AM

27 posts, read 20,141 times
Look at east Fishers. The commute would be down Mt Comfort Rd, straight to I-70, then, in to 465.

The Geist area is great and relatively affordable (as long as you stay off the water).

Old 02-19-2017, 07:36 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,079,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavin' Carolina View Post
Look at east Fishers. The commute would be down Mt Comfort Rd, straight to I-70, then, in to 465.

The Geist area is great and relatively affordable (as long as you stay off the water).
The area is also in a huge building boom, which will bring both positives and negatives. Around the Hamilton County/Madison County/Hancock County lines are numerous homes being built. The two or three newer additions closer to Madison County already have at least ten homes each with usually about three under construction at any given time ($300K+ homes). The ones closer to Fortville aren't as costly ($200Kish I think), but when I was visiting Flat Fork Creek Park I counted at least ten homes under construction in neighborhoods that are likely around five or so years old. All that land is being used for home building and there are plenty of farm fields left to build on. The building boom continues, and it will only bring more traffic to the area. They really need to widen 96th Street now while they still can, but they likely won't so I'm sure traffic will just grow worse as time goes on.

Old 02-19-2017, 05:19 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,761,065 times
Excellent choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis