Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:46 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,154,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
It made me sick to my stomach, but that's for another thread .. go over the politics board and see what I have to say.
Domergurl, checked that board out and it gave me a headache reading over various posts---it was like hearing a bunch of crying, barking and howling dogs in need of a better master.

I am ready for some good football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 11:31 PM

152 posts, read 746,219 times
Whelp, much to the chagrin of us Colts fans that frequent this board, the Colts absolutely laid an egg last night. No doubt you, domergurl, are grinning from ear to ear. What a lousy way to 'christen' the new stadium!

Old 09-08-2008, 05:37 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
Who ... meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee????

Little ol' me???

Here's the thing ... the Bears stink this year!!! They have a third string amishman as their QB who fumbled his first, or was it the second, snap ... it was the defense, the Bears dominating defense that put porcelain peyton away ... oooooo, call a personal on that mean old Urlacher for having the nerve to touch delicate manning and his hopping around confusing his offense because he can't decide what play to run ... yea, keep up that no huddle offense Colts!!!!

I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOVE IT!!!

Now the Bears can go on and go winless for the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned ...

Oh wait ... but you beat the Bears WHEN IT COUNNNNNNNNNNNNTED ... please ... oh yea, and all ya'll are talking about now is Tom Brady's season ending injury ... again .. please.

YOU LOST TO THE BEARS!!!!! They christened that factory for you guys ... BUT GOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,539,085 times
Domergurl, I'm here, too, to say congrats to your Bears. They executed a solid gameplan to defeat my Colts last night. I can't remember the last time we looked so bad in nearly every facet of the game.

For a sports fan, however, I find you strange. The Bears can lose the rest of their games?? C'mon. Be a fan. No doubt Bears fans everywhere are elated this morning, but stop acting like this makes up for losing the Super Bowl.

Seriously, I wish your team luck the rest of the way. It matters not to me who wins the NFC North, so why not root for the Bears to shock the pundits and take that title?? Who knows. Maybe there'll be a rematch in February.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Domergurl, I'm here, too, to say congrats to your Bears. They executed a solid gameplan to defeat my Colts last night. I can't remember the last time we looked so bad in nearly every facet of the game.

For a sports fan, however, I find you strange. The Bears can lose the rest of their games?? C'mon. Be a fan. No doubt Bears fans everywhere are elated this morning, but stop acting like this makes up for losing the Super Bowl.

Seriously, I wish your team luck the rest of the way. It matters not to me who wins the NFC North, so why not root for the Bears to shock the pundits and take that title?? Who knows. Maybe there'll be a rematch in February.
Ok ... I guess my sarcasm is lost with the keyboard. Sorry. My point is that beating the Colts, anytime, superbowl or not, makes my heart happy, as someone living deep in Colts country. Between that and ND winning ugly ... really really ugly, ugly as Jimmy Clausen's stringly hair, ugly ... I'm basking in the warm glow of victory on this fine foggy morning.

And for the record, the Colts played as bad as the Bears did during the superbowl. Colts deserved to win that game. But man, Manning has GOT to stop hopping around like a go-go dancer ... seriously, it looks silly.

Bears defense won that game. And I'm glad that at least one Colts fan is willing to own it. I've never seen Dungy so crestfallen.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:20 AM

Methinks the Chicago Bears blew apart the Colts like Hurricane Ike just stormed through Cuba. The Bears were definitely a CAT 4 team last night.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Methinks the Chicago Bears blew apart the Colts like Hurricane Ike just stormed through Cuba. The Bears were definitely a CAT 4 team last night.
The Bears defense was ...

Old 09-09-2008, 08:50 PM

152 posts, read 746,219 times
I hate losing to an NFC team, because it means we have to wait 4 years to play them again, unless it's in the big game, of course. Who knows, maybe it'll be Colts/Bears again this Feb.... I know the Colts will get better as the season unfolds, hopefully the Bears can at a minimum maintain their level of play to what it was the other night, and then the two teams just might meet in Feb.

And domergurl, as for the "factory" thing.... do you recognize this building?....

http://www.dougloudenback.com/hornet...tedcenter4.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ted_Center.jpg

That is the "in" look these days, even in your beloved Chicago. If you want, you can go to ballparks.com and look at pics of a lot of the new stadiums from recent years, from all different sports, as many have the brick and glass "retro" look.

As for you busting on Manning... that's fine. You may not admit it, but if you're a true Bears fan... what you'd give to have had him as your teams QB for the past 10 years, and for the next 5 (or more).

Old 09-10-2008, 08:13 AM

jeff3166
I recognize the neighborhood the United Center is in and I never thought very much of it. Actually, very scary if you ask me.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff3166 View Post
I hate losing to an NFC team, because it means we have to wait 4 years to play them again, unless it's in the big game, of course. Who knows, maybe it'll be Colts/Bears again this Feb.... I know the Colts will get better as the season unfolds, hopefully the Bears can at a minimum maintain their level of play to what it was the other night, and then the two teams just might meet in Feb.

And domergurl, as for the "factory" thing.... do you recognize this building?....

http://www.dougloudenback.com/hornet...tedcenter4.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ted_Center.jpg

That is the "in" look these days, even in your beloved Chicago. If you want, you can go to ballparks.com and look at pics of a lot of the new stadiums from recent years, from all different sports, as many have the brick and glass "retro" look.

As for you busting on Manning... that's fine. You may not admit it, but if you're a true Bears fan... what you'd give to have had him as your teams QB for the past 10 years, and for the next 5 (or more).
Nah, he's perfect for Indianapolis.

Considering the neighborhood the UC is in ... well, it's getting better, but I'm surprised they didn't put a moat around it. I did prefer Chicago Stadium though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis