Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 10:31 AM

993 posts, read 2,291,969 times

Advertisements

10michele62 and usedtobeanyear, have you tried the Ancestry message boards? There might be someone who would do a look up for you. Just because there is no online obituary, does not mean there is no obituary at all. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 09:28 PM

2 posts, read 104,912 times
Believe it or not, Cindiana, that is how I found out. I just recently got a membership to Ancestry.com and was looking up people I'm related to, when I noticed someone else had started our family tree. It was private so I had to email the "owner" of the tree and it turned out to be an old friend of my older sister that we all went to school with. She was doing it as a favor to Maryon (my sister). She gave me access and it was still a couple of days until I noticed the ones under my name. When I saw Josh had an "end" date, I was in shock. I couldn't believe he had died. I had been looking for him the past 3 years, since he turned 18, and was registered with numerous adoption sites in case he asked any questions, even though I believe he was never told he was adopted. Karin, the old school friend, assumed we knew so she never brought it up. Sorry for the long-winded response but I appreciate that you responded to my message. There is always hope.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:34 AM

993 posts, read 2,291,969 times
Glad I was able to help! Just a reminder to everyone, you don't have to join Ancestry.com to use the message boards, they are free.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:02 AM

1 posts, read 4,058 times
I'm trying to find out the place where my husband died we were not together when he passed but I need to know the town he died in I know the state and I have his ssn

Old 10-10-2015, 05:05 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,989,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimaldana View Post
I'm trying to find out the place where my husband died we were not together when he passed but I need to know the town he died in I know the state and I have his ssn
Where/how have you tried to search? It's not easy to suggest anything unless it's known if you've already searched online or through other ways.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimaldana
Welcome to city-data,thank you for joining!!

I do wish you luck in your search...... I was gonna suggest something but I dont think it would work..... (I was gonna suggest either calling the funeral home or submitting his SSN and trying to find out that way but I dont think it would work)

Good luck honey.... Im so sorry about your husband

Old 10-10-2015, 09:13 AM

7,519 posts, read 13,628,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimaldana View Post
Did you not get a death certificate issued by the state ? That should show the location of death.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:05 PM

4,143 posts, read 3,056,566 times
Obituaries, at least in this area, generally do not give the cause of death. My mother was suffering from dementia by the time my father died, so my sister and I handled the funeral arrangements. I made sure the obituary listed the cause of death, and had a complete listing of next of kin. That way, the obituary could be used as a genealogical document.

Some causes of death are mildly amusing (died unexpectedly at the age of 86). I suspect some people do not list cause of death because they feel it is an invasion of privacy. It would be a rare obituary that lists the cause of death as suicide. Deaths from poor lifestyle choices are also not likely to be listed.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,724 times
Michele (10michele62),
I tried your email but it didn't go through. I realize that your posting is about two and a half years old and over that time you might have found out what happened to Josh. In the case that you haven't, you may contact me. I knew him.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:28 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Welcome Shannon,

Its nice your wanting to try and help.... Its always hard when a loved one leaves us... Sometimes finding out what happend makes it easier dealing with....

God bless you......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet