Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:14 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,548 times

Advertisements

yep citi and all the banks are a joke now.

can you say zombie banks.

first things first.

the derivative market can blow up any minute they stop qe from 100 trillion dollars worth of decaying derivatives.

yep bigger than all the worlds economy combined.

highest derivative players are like jpm gs bac etc.
all the major banks lets just say.

another leg down in the market and those corps will be toast and gov backed banks will be deader than dead as they are already zombies.

arms is coming due and gov is suing banks for committing fraud on foreclosures.
It is hilarious and sad at the same time.

will they pull the plug with qe2 ending and everything crashes or will qe3 come and save the day only to kill the dollar.

Only 2 choices really hyper deflation or hyper inflation take your pick.

well not hyper just really high. there are a few good corps worth the look though in deflation and inflation. Food companies, maybe some energy but bad because of industrial demand down.
Alot of miners have a good cushion of money right now and inflation will serve them well as they mine gold/silver.
So maybe some utilities, miners, food companies with 0 debt might be good to invest as a defensive play for both sides though deflation will hit them hard anyway. Its just fiat money is even higher risk.

so either way they will not go bankrupt for 2 years at least unless the epa tried to fine them to death to generate revenue for gov aka gov stealing.

govt is already stealing money from pension funds like they did social security. Hopefully they would not dare touch peoples roth ira and ira accounts as they already stole our ss money.

Or something like hyper deflation then hyper inflation.

They need an excuse to hyper inflate after all. then we go to war.... oh wait we already are in 3....
pakistan next? or is it iran....

sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 07:22 PM

3,786 posts, read 5,332,556 times
Mark Mobius, a highly respected emerging markets fund manager, just came out yesterday and said that he feels that there will be another round of "too big to fail" banks crashing as a result of derivatives.

Time to get defensive, very defensive.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:03 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,813,243 times
You just have less shares but value is the same.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:11 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Mark Mobius, a highly respected emerging markets fund manager, just came out yesterday and said that he feels that there will be another round of "too big to fail" banks crashing as a result of derivatives.

Time to get defensive, very defensive.
Ive been building cash and waiting for a year to pass on some thing I bought...I know its bad to worry about tax but I fell better . But it may provide a time to unload like 1Q09 in the future.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:17 AM

3,786 posts, read 5,332,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Ive been building cash and waiting for a year to pass on some thing I bought...I know its bad to worry about tax but I fell better . But it may provide a time to unload like 1Q09 in the future.
Don't forget, Oildog, we're both waiting for BHP to get down low again. I missed out in early 2009 when it hit $36 briefly (now around $99).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing