Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 12:51 PM

24,413 posts, read 27,038,900 times

Advertisements

I still think oil will go into the $30's maybe even lower at this rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 01:14 PM

128 posts, read 116,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I still think oil will go into the $30's maybe even lower at this rate.
Definitely could. I just wanted exposure at this point because there has been so much capitulation already in the space. Didn't want to miss out on a big sudden spike should a conflict break out in the Middle East or elsewhere in the world. Hard to time absolute bottoms. And when oil does start to experience significant gains, a lot of these stocks are going to be like coiled springs. If oil continues to capitulate I will have my second round buying spree though. Easy money here over next 2-3 years. Maybe sooner.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:37 PM

893 posts, read 513,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Money View Post
Definitely could. I just wanted exposure at this point because there has been so much capitulation already in the space. Didn't want to miss out on a big sudden spike should a conflict break out in the Middle East or elsewhere in the world. Hard to time absolute bottoms. And when oil does start to experience significant gains, a lot of these stocks are going to be like coiled springs. If oil continues to capitulate I will have my second round buying spree though. Easy money here over next 2-3 years. Maybe sooner.
What are your choices?
I am looking at RDS-B, NOV, OKE, and maybe CVX & XOM. Thoughts on these?
Also how about Breitburn (BBEP) for speculative? I don't know if at risk for bankrupty.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:41 PM

128 posts, read 116,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkypeanut View Post
What are your choices?
I am looking at RDS-B, NOV, OKE, and maybe CVX & XOM. Thoughts on these?
Also how about Breitburn (BBEP) for speculative? I don't know if at risk for bankrupty.
I like RDS-B, NOV, OKE, CVX, and XOM. IMO there are so many good buys out there in the energy space, that you could put O&G quality names on a dartboard blindfolded and come out very well in 2-3 years as long as you diversify in the space. My personal choices right now for the big names are COP, BP, and CHK. I also picked some DVN up in the low 38s on Friday.

BBEP is interesting. I am familiar with this space. ARP, MEMP, BBEP, LINE, EVEP are the ones I am most familiar with in this arena. Out of those five names, I like MEMP, BBEP and ARP in that order. Everything in this space right now is about distribution, and can these names actually survive should the distributions be completely suspended. Verdict is still out, but I am going to initiate entry positions in MEMP, BBEP, and ARP at the start of the week. Worth the risk IMO.

My other favorite energy spec plays in this sector are PVA and EGY. Traded PVA from .80 to 1.20 a couple of weeks ago for about a 50% gain. Have a limit order to get back in at .88 cents. Hope it hits early in the week. EGY I am holding.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Money View Post
I like RDS-B, NOV, OKE, CVX, and XOM. IMO there are so many good buys out there in the energy space, that you could put O&G quality names on a dartboard blindfolded and come out very well in 2-3 years as long as you diversify in the space. My personal choices right now for the big names are COP, BP, and CHK. I also picked some DVN up in the low 38s on Friday.

BBEP is interesting. I am familiar with this space. ARP, MEMP, BBEP, LINE, EVEP are the ones I am most familiar with in this arena. Out of those five names, I like MEMP, BBEP and ARP in that order. Everything in this space right now is about distribution, and can these names actually survive should the distributions be completely suspended. Verdict is still out, but I am going to initiate entry positions in MEMP, BBEP, and ARP at the start of the week. Worth the risk IMO.

My other favorite energy spec plays in this sector are PVA and EGY. Traded PVA from .80 to 1.20 a couple of weeks ago for about a 50% gain. Have a limit order to get back in at .88 cents. Hope it hits early in the week. EGY I am holding.
Thanks.
I did have BP actually but sold it at 36 because it seemed 'at risk' from what I could tell - but at the same time was hoping it might get to under 30 where I'd buy again, but it seems to be hovering above 30. Has a good dividend of course (unless it gets cut).

Old 09-13-2015, 10:08 AM

3,158 posts, read 2,741,427 times
PRA

It's still fundamentally sound and money will eventually find it.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
MJNA, risky yes but reward high- more states adopting
Why this particular one versus all the others, such as Medbox (MDBX) for example. None of these penny stocks are making any profit is that right?

It's an interesting segment. Is anybody else here investing in MJ?

Old 09-14-2015, 06:27 AM

2 posts, read 1,718 times
Apple - they have a solid future
Accenture- they are always growing
Netflix - the future of visual tech
Ebay - they have been strong on the online business even thogh we had amazon & alibaba

Old 09-14-2015, 06:24 PM

5,490 posts, read 6,338,432 times
One stock, $10K, long term investment? MKL, hands down.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:43 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,195,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
MJNA, risky yes but reward high- more states adopting
Do not gamble your money on penny stocks. They are all frauds. Even the one's that aren't frauds are frauds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing