Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 06:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,569 times

Advertisements

I am separated and trying to get into a humble property that has the land needed for me to establish my business - which entails growing specific plants with organic compost etc. The property I have been eyeing is under 60k and I have 15% down but the people that have approached me to help me have asked for compensation that is miles beyond what I could ever afford. I have excellent rental history but no credit. I understand that my credit issues will not afford me the low rates offered at banks but at the same time with 15% down I cant afford to pay $1300 a month for 15 years on a property that is only 60k. The property where I have been living for the past 8 years is about to sell and be torn down. I do not want to rent another property because I need to put in a lot of money (connected with the business I have) into the property and I cannot do that with rental. I would really appreciate anyone's input or creative ideas for home financing for those with less than perfect credit. Please positive comments only - no complaints on any service out there lest this thread be cut. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 10:22 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,460,990 times
I bought my house with bad credit and suffered the horrible payment for a year, then re-financed and got a much better interest rate.

Have you talked to a mortgage broker? They usually work with all kinds of lenders and may be able to find a lender that will work with you.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:56 AM

24,409 posts, read 27,001,341 times
Can you show steady income for the past two years?

I am a mortgage broker and I don't know any other mortgage brokers that don't offer free consultations. You should speak to one to see your options (if any).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing