Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did you buy cryptocurrencies?
Speculation - hope to sell them to the next high bidder. 69 50.00%
It’s a true currency. 9 6.52%
It’s a store of value. 31 22.46%
I don’t know. 29 21.01%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 10:22 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
Solana up much wows
Ya, 400% for 30 days, 8,000% for 1 year. Not bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 10:32 AM

1,857 posts, read 796,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Ya, 400% for 30 days, 8,000% for 1 year. Not bad.
It has its own Twitter emoji, like just â‚¿itcoin. For the hashtag, I think that matters a lot because when it trends people connect with the logo. NO clue why other crypto coins havent worked with Twitter for that but Solana has.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
It has its own Twitter emoji, like just â‚¿itcoin. For the hashtag, I think that matters a lot because when it trends people connect with the logo. NO clue why other crypto coins havent worked with Twitter for that but Solana has.
I have had a lot of fun in the Cosmos (Atom) ecosystem.

My one worry with Solana is it is a centralized exchange.

Old 09-13-2021, 08:09 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I have had a lot of fun in the Cosmos (Atom) ecosystem.

My one worry with Solana is it is a centralized exchange.
I bought ATOM about $1.16 and now it doubled. The crypto market is all positive if you invest a slice of all the best crypto. I bought Solana at about $34 during the big drop and I'm up 85%

For people new to crypto, start your dollar cost averaging now while the correction just occurred!

Old 09-13-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Sold Dogecoin and bought Solana with it, I bought Dogecoin again because thought it was the best option on coinbase. After researching a bit about Solana, I think Solana goes to $1000, 8x from now; whereas Dogecoin to a dollar, maybe, and thats only 2-3x from now!

Will be typing about Coinbase fees next blog!
What you can do to lower your fees is to convert your money to USDC 1st. Say convert a block of $1000 to USDC. Then when it's time to buy BTC or any crypto just convert the USDC to BTC the fees are not passed on or very minor. Since you already converted fiat to digital. Then whenever you want to sell, do not sell back to USD. Convert back to USC.

Signup for the Credit card and use your assets using USD and get 1% back in BTC.

Old 09-13-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I bought ATOM about $1.16 and now it doubled. The crypto market is all positive if you invest a slice of all the best crypto. I bought Solana at about $34 during the big drop and I'm up 85%

For people new to crypto, start your dollar cost averaging now while the correction just occurred!
Atom more than doubled from $1.16, it is $32 right now! There are some great projects in their IBC and more coming. Terra Luna is part of the Cosmos IBC and they will be bringing their stable coin to the Osmosis DEFI platform soon. This could be big.

Old 09-13-2021, 08:45 AM

1,857 posts, read 796,679 times
Quote:
What you can do to lower your fees is to convert your money to USDC 1st. Say convert a block of $1000 to USDC. Then when it's time to buy BTC or any crypto just convert the USDC to BTC the fees are not passed on or very minor. Since you already converted fiat to digital. Then whenever you want to sell, do not sell back to USD. Convert back to USC.

Signup for the Credit card and use your assets using USD and get 1% back in BTC.

Okay ill check that out
I wondered what the USDC is

Old 09-13-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Lolli is a good app also, you earn BTC back for shopping an various websites.

Fold is a place to buy gift cards and earn BTC. When I shop on Amazon I'll buy gift cards on Fold and earn 1.5-2.5% in BTC on money I'm spending anyway.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I think the biggest mistake people do when they buy crypto is not research on what crypto they are getting into like what Doge was, it was nothing more than a ponzi scheme coin with no actual project what it was meant to do.

If you took $5000 and bought the top 10 crypto during spring 2021, you would've easily had $12k right now.

That's what I did, I've bought and HODL a bunch of coins like ATOM, XRP, Solana, Polk, Tezos, and all these crypto projects are doing real things to the marketplace where Doge did nothing and even Bitcoin did not it is the crypto gold so if you bought crypto back then and have it now you could buy a nice used car right now with $5k invested.

I bought so many of these coins for almost a few $ and now they are up like over 1000% I'm also getting airdrops of many rewards so it pays to get in early.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:23 AM

Quote:

Okay ill check that out
I wondered what the USDC is
USDC is a stablecoin and it is used to convert your $ to digital currency. Think of perhaps one day USDC may get taken over by all of the banks if they decide to use the centralized USDC for conversions to other digital currency. It is a direct $1 = 1 USDC conversion rate with smaller fees. Then when you convert to other crypto there are less gas fees to pay. It runs on Ethereumm well just about 70% of crypto runs on ETH so consider investing in ETH as it is the safest and most dependable coin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing