Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 02:14 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,208,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Thank you my friend, for not understanding ANYTHING in the posts that are being discussed. NOTHING in the quote you referenced is advice NOR was it unsolicited. Someone asked how a naked short works & why it's risky. A general example was given, no direction to short, any recommendation that anyone should short OR any inference that was something that would be done in my personal accounts. I also refer you to Reg. T and short selling, for further perusal & digest.

And to further conclude illegality is simply stupid. Thank you for demonstrating how someone who THINKS they know what they are discussing and wants to opine with more incorrect information acts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 02:17 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,122,528 times
Why are you posting selfies? Do you not have instagram?

Old 02-12-2018, 02:19 PM

8,101 posts, read 10,166,343 times
Quote:
Thank you my friend, for not understanding ANYTHING in the posts that are being discussed. NOTHING in the quote you referenced is advice NOR was it unsolicited. Someone asked how a naked short works & why it's risky. A general example was given, no direction to short, any recommendation that anyone should short OR any inference that was something that would be done in my personal accounts. I also refer you to Reg. T and short selling, for further perusal & digest.

And to further conclude illegality is simply stupid. Thank you for demonstrating how someone who THINKS they know what they are discussing and wants to opine with more incorrect information acts.

Actually, I pulled out this one snippet of a lack of understanding. Elsewhere, there were comments about asset allocation and tax suggestions for people about whom you know nothing.

You are clearly NOT a professional or you would know that what you are doing is highly illegal, as well as unethical.

At least, if you are going to give "advice", pick up a book and study it first before you bury people with off-beat information.

I am trying to be nice to you. Take it that way before you do this to someone in real life and they, as well as you, get ruined.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:24 PM

Old 02-12-2018, 02:29 PM

2,623 posts, read 2,378,627 times
Quote:
She can make a contribution, however, can only contribute an amount equal to her income for the year. Ex. if she made $2000, can only contribute $2000. I would consult a tax advisor to see if there are any other options that may be available as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
This is incorrect. MFJ allows you to make the contribution if the spouse has zero income
Ok, confused now.

I was under the impression that although she only grossed about $3k, that since I’m full time and we together gross enough in taxable income that we both can max out our individual Roth’s.

Clarification?

Old 02-12-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Why are you posting selfies? Do you not have instagram?
I'm just messing with you. Relax.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:51 PM

26,223 posts, read 21,763,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
Ok, confused now.

I was under the impression that although she only grossed about $3k, that since I’m full time and we together gross enough in taxable income that we both can max out our individual Roth’s.

Clarification?
If you file jointly you can contribute up to your joint taxable income(it may be agi) or ira limits whichever is less

Last edited by Lowexpectations; 02-12-2018 at 03:09 PM..

Old 02-12-2018, 03:05 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,811,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Wow. Just wow.

My friend, you really are spewing a lot of manure. Sorry, and I don't mean to make it personal, but you are trying to give advice to people who stand to lose money . You are giving advice to people without having any understanding of their financial situation. If you were truly a professional you would know that what you are doing is HIGHLY illegal and subjects you to censure and license revocation.

Please, stop doing this before someone gets seriously hurt. It's all fun to play stock broker and guess at things, but when you pretend to be a pro you take it to a whole new level of illegality.
Thanks for your concern but I hope nobody here is blindly doing what someone on the forum says.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:11 PM

26,223 posts, read 21,763,935 times
Txgolfer130,

If I shorted a stock at 100 and a week later if the stock went up to 125 can you explain if I would have a margin call, if so how much of a call?

Old 02-12-2018, 04:02 PM

Txgolfer130, LE does this to everybody. Best way to beat him, is just to agree with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing