Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 10:02 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,348,480 times

Advertisements

The way I see it, Jobster likes "Tilting at Windmills" rather than learning how to ride the rip currents.
He keeps acting like an rookie investor no matter how sophisticated he claims he is.
We all know that there's an agenda in place.
Don't fight the Fed, invest with it !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 10:17 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,193,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
The way I see it, Jobster likes "Tilting at Windmills" rather than learning how to ride the rip currents.
He keeps acting like an rookie investor no matter how sophisticated he claims he is.
We all know that there's an agenda in place.
Don't fight the Fed, invest with it !
What's next? Are we going to create a sub-forum to speculate about Jobster?

Lol.

I didn't expect you to get on this train, but okay.

Whatever makes you guys sleep at night. Imagine me as a homeless person under a bridge if it makes you feel better about yourself.

This is a large part of the reason why I've stayed silent on my investments. Why should I tell anyone how I make money?

Look at how people treat me here.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:32 AM

26,194 posts, read 21,625,027 times
How people treat you often is a result of their interactions with you over time

Old 02-08-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
How people treat you often is a result of their interactions with you over time
It shouldn't be about me in the first place.

What you're witnessing is the denial phase. People just need a scapegoat, so they chose me. That's fine.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:11 PM

26,194 posts, read 21,625,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
It shouldn't be about me in the first place.

What you're witnessing is the denial phase. People just need a scapegoat, so they chose me. That's fine.
How people react to interactions with you is about you, saying it shouldn’t be about you is foolish. You are in denial about how you come across and how that impacts people’s reaction

Old 02-08-2018, 12:19 PM

106,798 posts, read 109,039,935 times
Quote:
What's next? Are we going to create a sub-forum to speculate about Jobster?

Lol.

I didn't expect you to get on this train, but okay.

Whatever makes you guys sleep at night. Imagine me as a homeless person under a bridge if it makes you feel better about yourself.

This is a large part of the reason why I've stayed silent on my investments. Why should I tell anyone how I make money?

Look at how people treat me here.
why do people treat you in this fashion ?

our feeling is that since you are willingly here in an investing forum you would be wanting to discuss investing . both what you have done just like the rest of us or what you will do .

when there is neither it is because there is no track record to discuss and all our feelings are the same . you have made excuses for yourself as to why not for so long and just stayed in cd's that you are really brand new to investing but have not dipped your body in the water in a meaningful way at any point .

which is okay , but be honest with yourself as well us here and stop telling us how you won't tell us how you made all this money investing up until now because you know if you did you would have proved it to us so you would at least have some some street cred . .

Old 02-08-2018, 07:37 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,590,992 times
Quote:
yet I've been fairly accurate so far with what I've said.
Come on dude, you're been crying that the **** would hit the fan for years.

Here you are in April 2016:

Quote:
The market is completely irrational right now. The fundamentals do not support the index price. The market is inefficient. With the market this irrational, I believe the safest bet is to purchase treasuries and investment grade bonds while limiting your holdings in equities.
So what is someone followed your advice? S&P 500:

April 20 2016 = 2102 <-- when you made that post
Feb 7 2018 = 2681

So much for your amazing accuracy eh? But surprisingly you, like almost every other anonymous serial doomsday type, somehow kept all their money in the very stock market they were advising wasn't a good bet and managed to cash out right before a correction that happened years after they were saying the equities were a bad investment.

Do you even realize how many others have done your exact same routine on forums like this?

1. Constantly predict doom
2. Act shifty about where your assets are
3. Spend years saying the best thing to do is get out of the market
4. When market corrects, you happened to just sell a few days earlier

Pajas dude. Just like your oil crisis thing you've been wrong about for years, and the Euro bank collapse thing you've been wrong about, you just keep broken record then get all boastful without realizing how transparent your BS it.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Come on dude, you're been crying that the **** would hit the fan for years.

Here you are in April 2016:

So what is someone followed your advice? S&P 500:

April 20 2016 = 2102 <-- when you made that post
Feb 7 2018 = 2681

So much for your amazing accuracy eh? But surprisingly you, like almost every other anonymous serial doomsday type, somehow kept all their money in the very stock market they were advising wasn't a good bet and managed to cash out right before a correction that happened years after they were saying the equities were a bad investment.

Do you even realize how many others have done your exact same routine on forums like this?

1. Constantly predict doom
2. Act shifty about where your assets are
3. Spend years saying the best thing to do is get out of the market
4. When market corrects, you happened to just sell a few days earlier

Pajas dude. Just like your oil crisis thing you've been wrong about for years, and the Euro bank collapse thing you've been wrong about, you just keep broken record then get all boastful without realizing how transparent your BS it.
Why do you assume that all of my assets are tied up in one market. If I believe something is overvalued, why is it unreasonable for me to seek out something that I believe is undervalued.

Instead, you make these assumptions about me. That's fine, as it doesn't affect me personally, but I have not changed my opinion about any of my predictions. I still believe the market was overvalued and it is likely that prices will correct down to perhaps, 2009 levels.

It is your choice what you decide to do at this time. But you're making a lot of assumptions about what I did when I exited my positions. I will say that I did suffer some losses in 2014 when I didn't quite understand how the market would react to QE. I bet the wrong direction for a little while on gold which was an amateur mistake that I don't think I would make anymore, since my strategy has adapted, and I also followed economic advisors into 2015 which gave a fundamental case for crude.

The opinion of the main advisor that I researched was also the economist for Andy Hall, and it made sense what he said from a fundamental perspective, but at the time, I did not realize how markets worked, so I had losses with oil as well. I have no problem admitting this.

I will say that I am not wrong fundamentally about oil. I don't care what the BS prices of oil is. Fundamentally, there is a strong case that oil should be much higher than it currently is. You see, I research things and I find out fundamental problems and I bring them to light in this forum so people can consider planning for this. When this doesn't occur in a certain time frame, people become complacent.

I can't accurately predict the future for everything, but I can assure you that in the time from April 2016 to 2017 that I am not displeased. I will not go into further detail about anything. If you don't respect that, I don't know what to tell you. It doesn't hurt my ego to have people assume things about me if they are not true. I don't really feel like I need to go into the reasons about why I don't share this information. I think my call of Chinese sovereign bonds was sufficient, don't you think? Why should you know anything else?

What information have you provided me of value?

If you bring up my posting history, you will see that I have consistency cited central banks responsibility in running up stock prices. I noticed how you conveniently left that out of your vicious character attack. This is important considering that the de-coupling of the stock market from central bank assets was the PRIMARY REASON that I called a top in the market.

But thank you for attempting to destroy my character. If it makes you feel better about yourself, than great. I'm happy for you, but at least be truthful. You say that I act boastful, yet you act as if you know everything and I am an imbecile as I tell you exactly what is going to happen to the market as it happens.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I think my call of Chinese sovereign bonds was sufficient, don't you think? Why should you know anything else?
I'm laughing so hard tears are in my eyes. Here was you in the space of 48 hours about a week ago:

Quote:
Chinese 10 year and Gold will be the stars of 2018. Take that to the bank. Chinese 10 year is a no brainer. It's rated A1 and paying 4%.
Quote:
I can't recommend Chinese bonds anymore. I don't believe the A+ rating. Capital outflows suggest the Chinese may devalue their currency again.

See what you did there? Like most who spend so much energy trying to manufacture a personae of expertise to feed an ego with a huge appetite, you play both sides then crow to anyone who will listen about your knowledge. So here you are bragging about your wisdom on Chinese bonds when you said two things 180 degrees apart.

Now you're all caught up in this meta-victim thing, it's pathetic.

Old 02-08-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
But thank you for attempting to destroy my character.
Dude nobody would be responding to you if you weren't in here making this feeble attempt to portray yourself as something you aren't. You invite these responses then act all offended, it's sad.

Quote:
as I tell you exactly what is going to happen to the market as it happens.
See above. Who really types stuff like this? It's like douche-meter set to 11, I think someday even you will look back at cheesy lines like this and be embarrassed. You invite this feedback by ridiculous comments like this then complain about the feedback you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing