Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 10:13 PM

692 posts, read 3,143,193 times

Advertisements

URZ up 71% since middle of April. I mentioned this stock at that time. Look back at my posts.

How are you doing in the Dow and S&P or your favorite Mutual Fund ??

URZ still has a lot of upside to go.
Get in and be patient.

Silverfox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 11:00 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,876,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
URZ up 71% since middle of April. I mentioned this stock at that time. Look back at my posts.

How are you doing in the Dow and S&P or your favorite Mutual Fund ??

URZ still has a lot of upside to go.
Get in and be patient.

Silverfox
I might take a small position in it. I'm by no means a day trader. I don't have the time to follow stocks at the micro economic level. I look at general trends and I see a bull market in commodities. That's where the vast majority of my holdings are now allocated to. You did make a great call on it though. When would you suggest getting out? It's at $3.40 a share now. Do you think it'll get to $4?

Old 06-15-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I might take a small position in it. I'm by no means a day trader. I don't have the time to follow stocks at the micro economic level. I look at general trends and I see a bull market in commodities. That's where the vast majority of my holdings are now allocated to. You did make a great call on it though. When would you suggest getting out? It's at $3.40 a share now. Do you think it'll get to $4?
Yes I do see it at $4.00 ... thats only 18% from here. It really depends on your time frame. This stock and all the Uranium stocks are very Volatile but they have a lot of upside potential over the intermediate term 1 to 3 years.
This stock hit just over $7.00 not to long ago and it wouldn't surprise me to see $4.00 to $6.00 in the not to distant future.
There are several other good plays in this sector as well. It depends on whether you want to go with the explorers or the producers.
URZ is an explorer and plans to start producing in 2010 in Wyoming. Far safer than many U companies that are in dangerous unpredictable areas.
As I mentioned earlier, I hold a large core position and also trade a medium position and have made a lot of money on just this one stock. In fact it is my largest single holding.
I can understand people not wanting to listen to chatter and B/S on the internet about investing, but I can only say I dance to my own Drummer and have made it on my own. I don't pay any attention to the Jim Cramers of the investment World. I do my own research but am not a technical follower. I pick all my own stocks. I have also made a lot in Gold and Silver from 2001 to 2003 and beyond.
I will stay with the Uranium stocks for at least this run and maybe longer.
If you buy in, be prepared for ups and downs but the Trend Is UP for now.
Personally I wouldn't hesitate to buy at $3.40 even though you just missed $3.00.
I am a little different type of person than you would normally find. I don't mind sharing my secrets if it benefits someone that otherwise wouldn't have a clue.
I even share some of my favorite fishing spots .....Now thats really special.
Good luck if you decide to jump in. Use your own best judgement.

Silverfox

Last edited by silverfox; 06-15-2008 at 05:27 PM..

Old 06-15-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:

Update......

You would be OK @ $3.40 but we might possibly have another small pull back somewhere in this area. If your nervous wait and see if we get a little better opportunity this comming week

This stock has done better than the average U stock as they had a "down last week".

Silverfox

Old 06-16-2008, 02:52 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,584,906 times
Quote:
I'm liking commodities and energy stocks (particularly natural gas). I suppose it's also a good time to by real estate as a long term investment. What are your stratagies and how are they working out for you. I'm up 6.5% on the year.
Real Estate at the end of year/early next year, the best investment is land, there is only so much of it, but the best investment in real estate is of course a place you would live and not an investment at all.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:32 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,876,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
Update......

You would be OK @ $3.40 but we might possibly have another small pull back somewhere in this area. If your nervous wait and see if we get a little better opportunity this comming week

This stock has done better than the average U stock as they had a "down last week".

Silverfox
good call. URZ is down 4-5 percent. I'll buy when it drop below $3.20.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:10 PM

10 posts, read 28,645 times
Best way to invest right now is pay off your debt. Rich people earn interest. Poor people pay interest.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:20 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Bean View Post
Best way to invest right now is pay off your debt. Rich people earn interest. Poor people pay interest.
I agree with pay off debt!!! However, there is no money in money at this time. At least very little.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:01 AM

159 posts, read 632,685 times
Quote:
good call. URZ is down 4-5 percent. I'll buy when it drop below $3.20.

The chart looks good on this stock. Wait for a pullback though before you buy IMHO. The volume of shares traded is a little low though. Roughly $400,000 of the stock trades hands daily. Set a limit order to buy and a mental limit order for selling. This stock can be manipulated easily by a few high-stakes poker hands.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:17 AM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
I still have an apartment building and our portfolio is growing nicely.

My Dw has been going out the last week looking at more of them. We had pretty much washed our hands from rentals, sold all but one. But with recent prices they are very tempting. The math looks good!

Just remember to never use your own earned income in your investments

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing