Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:33 PM

692 posts, read 3,141,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
That's awesome!

I wonder how many of the junior mining companies are going to do now that gold's value is unable to be suppressed much longer.
I have long time been a fan of gold and silver (since the last bottom) but right now I am fully invested in Uranium stocks as they are comming off a large correction. Lots of upside potential for the time being. Even with a banner day today in gold bullion, I did better in my U stocks as this correction unwinds to the upside.
I am an active investor/trader so I can make this pay off, but for the average guy it would probably be a good idea to hold some gold and silver stocks in their portfolio for the longer term. I see gold going higher ahead but it is volatile so it's not for the weak at heart.
As far as the junior's go, the good ones have the most upside potential but I would mix it with some producers like AEM and GG for diversity. Juniors are harder to pick because they require so much research. Even the best letter writers make mistakes in that area.
These kinds of days make me smile

Silverfox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 06:35 PM

148 posts, read 471,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdufauve View Post
I started moving dollars to Euros, not very long ago, when the Euro was $1.12. Now the Euro is @ $1.60. And, I get 7.1% interest on a simple passbook savings account, government insured up to E 1,000,000.

I don't want to be bothered doing the math...looks like 30% to 40% per year profit to me. And free health care, eventually.
Do you mind indicating what bank this is with?

I've been moving dollars over for a while, but that rate is quite good.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:41 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karkyco View Post
Do you mind indicating what bank this is with?

I've been moving dollars over for a while, but that rate is quite good.
You can do this with EverBank in a CD with 10K minimum. You could also just open a foreign bank account (HSBC, etc).

Euro Pacific does a Merck fund hard currency index, free of charge to its clients. The firm is run by a permabear on the US economy that has been right on the housing bubble, 100 oil, and the credit crunch years ahead of time. Hefty commish, but full service, not a market maker, and they do things that e-trade and others don't do such as hold dividend income in respective currency in the event of travel to the country avoiding exchange fees.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 AM

159 posts, read 632,134 times
Everything is pointing to buying farmland if you can find bargains on it. I think there will be bargains in the years to come. People will be moving closer to cities as fuel prices stay high and go higher. Suburbs will become farmlands, lol.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
Just an update.....Up another 7.29% today so far. Thats 27.29% in 4 days.
And this is while the Dow is down 200+ points today !!!
Got to be in the right sectors if you want to beat the crowd.

Silverfox
Just another update from yesterday folks

Up another 16% today so far.

Thats 45.29% in 5 days.

Check the symbol URZ to verify.

Silverfox

Old 05-21-2008, 10:41 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Just another update from yesterday folks

Up another 16% today so far.

Thats 45.29% in 5 days.

Check the symbol URZ to verify.

Silverfox
That sucks. I was trying to fund another 10Gs for just this very purpose. Junior uranium miners have indeed been crushed for the short term, but it was obvious they were going to come back.

Dang it!

Old 05-21-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
That sucks. I was trying to fund another 10Gs for just this very purpose. Junior uranium miners have indeed been crushed for the short term, but it was obvious they were going to come back.

Dang it!
Just to let you know I do not do technical anylasis. I have been in this game so long I go by the seat of my pants. I have been blessed with an above average gut feeling and common sense. It has been my partner for most of my life.
I am going to take some off the table today @$3.65 for another day. This is a very good play in this sector. It has already netted me over 1 mil. since I discovered it a year or so ago.
I trade it with a core holding as well.
Of all my friends and associates I have only been able to convince 1 to participate in this sector.

Too bad for them as they are all wallowing in losses or small 10 to 15% gains.

Silverfox

Last edited by silverfox; 05-21-2008 at 11:26 AM..

Old 05-23-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Just to let you know I do not do technical anylasis. I have been in this game so long I go by the seat of my pants. I have been blessed with an above average gut feeling and common sense. It has been my partner for most of my life.
I am going to take some off the table today @$3.65 for another day. This is a very good play in this sector. It has already netted me over 1 mil. since I discovered it a year or so ago.
Of all my friends and associates I have only been able to convince 1 to participate in this sector.

Silverfox

Here is just another example of the way to make money by being in the right sector at the right time. Uranium mining stocks.
Forget the puny 8-12% average returns of the US index market.

Check out symbol HAT (Hathor resources Ltd.) on stockhouse.com Look at their near term chart performance.
Canadian miners are where it's been and will continue over the next few years.
There are many other good energy opportunities out there as well.

Silverfox

Last edited by silverfox; 05-23-2008 at 11:11 AM..

Old 05-27-2008, 02:49 PM

2 posts, read 4,397 times
Default international real estate, precious metals, offshore companies

the price of housing has become so ridiculously high in places like London or San Francisco, that you could likely cash out, take early retirement and live a much better life elsewhere, for less money.
If you had purchased $100,000 worth of gold when George Bush first became President, you would have bought 384.6 ounces of gold at $260/oz. Today, as of March 2008, gold is at $973/oz so your gold would now be worth $374,216.
I´m sure that you are familiarized with offshore banking, asset protection, wealth management, all of these great ways to protect yourself and your assets.
You can contact me if you would like to read more about this.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:

Silverfox

Back in @ $3.00

Up 7 1/2% just today alone as I type.

SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!!!

Silverfox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing