Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2020, 12:06 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Thank you, Waffle Man. Maybe when the day trading thing doesn't work out for you in the next couple of years you can open an In-and-Out Burger or franchise a Waffle House. I can always use a hired hand on my land as well.
Let's back off bmw a bit too. He's another poster I do pay attention to.

Old 12-19-2020, 12:07 PM

106,706 posts, read 108,880,922 times
Quote:
You said it not me. You didn't beat an index this year, so by your very own definition of what you said you just failed. I can go back and repeat your quote if you would like me to.
...I just said I don’t try to beat a 100% equities anymore ..which part of that do you not understand .

But if one is timing the markets to beat them at their own game you better beat doing nothing or you are wasting your time..right now my portfolio is running 25-30% equities and is likely to stay like that for a long time as that is all we need to make things work.

10%-12% is a nice return for such a low risk low volatility portfolio....

This thread. Is not about me at all , it is about the accuracy of your calls over the timeline YOU picked

Old 12-19-2020, 12:13 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
We'll see how a real bear market treats you. Especially that 500K in ARK lol. I doubt you have experience in a real longer-term bear market. My offer will always stand for you to work my land if you get hard up.
It’s clear you want a measuring contest, care to show each other’s account balance? You sound like a webull or robhinhood trader.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:24 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,337,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
It’s clear you want a measuring contest, care to show each other’s account balance? You sound like a webull or robhinhood trader.
Shots fired!!!

Old 12-19-2020, 03:12 PM

232 posts, read 180,554 times
Why all the hate. Just do your own thing if you don't agree. I made a lot of money buying into the market due to Heart's call. I also missed out on some gains cuz I sold stuff along the way. But those are decisions I made. I like reading everyone opinions and analysis but not when people are trying so hard to discredit others. It's the internet. It's people opinions. Read, interpret,.move on.

Old 12-19-2020, 03:50 PM

1,740 posts, read 1,269,685 times

https://www.city-data.com/forum/55015887-post5.html

Quote:
I think you did the smart thing. Upside before the election (well before) is probably in the 28-29K range. I think once it hits that range there will be a substantial downturn before the election. As Selden would say "THEY" want a reset sooner than later. Lots of bad debt and malinvestments out there. Trump is the easiest person in the world to blame it all on. He bragged it was all him on the way up, so on the way down......

This reset has been in the making for multiple administrations now, but "THEY" know that Trump will be the easiest candidate to blame it all on and have the average mouth breather in the public go along with the narrative. I think the only question before the election is does it get bad or REALLY bad. Much better buying opportunities ahead. Aside from a few beaten down individual stocks I am long the dollar and UUP right now.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:10 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,567,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post

Man, you are reaching with this one. I think this call was back from early 2019 and it came true it terms of price movement. The top of DJI was around DJI 29K in 2019 (like I said it would be) and then February/March 2020 happened when I made a whole host of updated "moonshot" calls. At least tell people it was from early 2019 and it turned out to be on the money in terms of pricing for a top before the down action that came. Context matters. And this "reset" that I was calling for has now turned into "The Great Reset" lol.

LOTS of haters here. Too funny.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:14 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post

The goal posts have been pushed further and further and further and further.

Old 12-19-2020, 04:18 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,567,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamyst View Post
Why all the hate. Just do your own thing if you don't agree. I made a lot of money buying into the market due to Heart's call. I also missed out on some gains cuz I sold stuff along the way. But those are decisions I made. I like reading everyone opinions and analysis but not when people are trying so hard to discredit others. It's the internet. It's people opinions. Read, interpret,.move on.

Yeah I don't get all the haters at all. If people listened to my calls in 2019 to get out near the top they saved about 30%-40% before February/March 2020 hit, and if they listened to my March moonshot call they have made anywhere between 30%-50%+ depending on how they traded it. That is some serious cash in total. But at the end of 2019 I had a growing host of haters, in mid-March I had even more haters come along, and now it has reached a crazy amount of haters. Not one of them has pointed out any of the good calls along the way that made so much money. Tells you what type of personalities you are dealing with here lol.

During the coming bust and unwind I will continue to update a little bit, but the people who have been following me and can actually engage in a productive discussion know where else to find me. Much easier places to have an intelligent and productive discussion instead of everything getting totally derailed by the haters.

Old 12-19-2020, 07:08 PM

1,740 posts, read 1,269,685 times
Quote:
Man, you are reaching with this one. I think this call was back from early 2019 and it came true it terms of price movement. The top of DJI was around DJI 29K in 2019 (like I said it would be) and then February/March 2020 happened when I made a whole host of updated "moonshot" calls. At least tell people it was from early 2019 and it turned out to be on the money in terms of pricing for a top before the down action that came. Context matters. And this "reset" that I was calling for has now turned into "The Great Reset" lol.

LOTS of haters here. Too funny.

Coronavirus happening does not bail you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing