Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 10:12 AM

24,410 posts, read 26,964,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Like ChessieMom, it seems I'm always a day late and a dollar short. This reminds me when I bought into BOTZ. It tanked shortly after and I had to wait a year, but I eventually got my investment back. Dumped it all around $25, but today it's at $33 so moral to the story is relax and think long term. I have recent positions in all ARK funds and have no plans to sell any. You can sign up for trade notifications which shows what they're doing on a daily basis, which is interesting > https://ark-funds.com/trade-notifications

Sample from yesterday >

Yeah it's also interesting because they make trades daily. You really have to believe in Cathie, her team, their research style... which I do. I have around 20% of my money in ARK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 10:23 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bullish View Post
Yeah keep buying more on any dips! It is easy money.
LOL. Do you think everyone has extra cash sitting around waiting to invest in something?

Old 12-31-2020, 11:26 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
NTRA is a monster. Will probably see at least $200 in 2021.
That would be nice. I started building a position at 63, after watching it for years and not liking it for most of that time. Now it is at 100, with some analysts calling for 127$.

I have been trading a long time; 1973. With this trade I am holding a position of 2000 shares and hoping to see $250 at some point - but God only knows when.

I am not a fan of NVTA. That was discussed earlier in the thread. I used to own it, but I sold it before the big run up so I missed out on that. I just didn't like the disconnect between when we shareholders had been told and promised, and what was being delivered. Keeping careful records seems to have pointed me in the right direction, and not for the first time. I sold CLNE at 13$ back years ago when it was popular.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:26 PM

481 posts, read 190,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
LOL. Do you think everyone has extra cash sitting around waiting to invest in something?

Ever heard of margin?

Old 12-31-2020, 02:29 PM

5,481 posts, read 6,307,209 times
Quote:
Ever heard of margin?
Margin? What's that? Isn't that the two long narrow spaces on the edge of your paper that you don't write in?? Seriously Big Bull S..., lots of us are very happy to have never heard of margin.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:32 PM

481 posts, read 190,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Margin? What's that? Isn't that the two long narrow spaces on the edge of your paper that you don't write in?? Seriously Big Bull S..., lots of us are very happy to have never heard of margin.
Doomers going to doom I guess then. 2021 is going to be another monster record year. Infinite when the Fed has your back.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Ever heard of margin?
I’ve heard of it, don’t know what it is, don’t care to. I invest for long-term and only buy what I can pay for.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:24 PM

5,481 posts, read 6,307,209 times
Quote:
Doomers going to doom I guess then. 2021 is going to be another monster record year. Infinite when the Fed has your back.
There's a good chance you're right in that 2021 will be a monster year, but I still don't recommend trading on margin. And that doesn't make me a doomer lol. FAR from it.

"When you combine ignorance and leverage, you get some pretty interesting results."

- Warren Buffett

Old 01-01-2021, 11:01 AM

24,410 posts, read 26,964,842 times
For people new to Ark Funds, this might be worth a watch. I know someone seemed concerned about being down after only holding it a week... as Cathie said, they are up a lot, so a correction is expected... I think at some point we will come back down to the 50 day as it has in the past every so often, which would be another 10% or so decline from here whether that happens soon or later is anyone's guess... just know Ark will have some wild swings, if you can't handle it or don't plan to trade it at all, probably better off sticking with only a market fund.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhgbZBWgBE

Old 01-01-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
For people new to Ark Funds, this might be worth a watch. I know someone seemed concerned about being down after only holding it a week... as Cathie said, they are up a lot, so a correction is expected... I think at some point we will come back down to the 50 day as it has in the past every so often, which would be another 10% or so decline from here whether that happens soon or later is anyone's guess... just know Ark will have some wild swings, if you can't handle it or don't plan to trade it at all, probably better off sticking with only a market fund.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhgbZBWgBE
Well that would have been nice to know before I bought it. I darn sure did not want anything with “ wild swings”. Damn it. I swear I need to stay off this forum. I always make the wrong choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing