Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2022, 11:38 PM

13,080 posts, read 7,527,706 times

Advertisements

-$KLIC @50.68. profitable this account. Other acct is still, -12%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 06:33 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
Anecdote on MCD. There is a Facebook group called "NO ONE WANTS TO WORK" where hourly employees b**** and moan about work. Someone posted the following:

Took my son to McDonald's for an on the run meal. We had our number table tent thing and were waiting for them to bring out the food. This teenager saunters over with this tray that is full of... more food than I ordered, sets the tray down and says:
"2 people were making your order at the same time, and they don't pay me enough to care, so here's double your order."
I laughed, said thank you and gave him a high five and told him I understand, im struggling with that too. He's got a good head on his shoulders; I think this next generation is gonna be ok if they keep up the "f*** you" attitude.
Not only did the employee have this "f*** the employer" attitude, but so did the customer.
Poor guy doesn’t realize MCD pays him about what he’s worth. Maybe a little more. But that’s an aside. Most MCD I’ve been in over the past 3-5 years, and it hasn’t been often for obvious reasons, have:
- damp smell inside the store
- lots of insects flying around
- trash bags casually left in the open
- workers more engaged in conversation than work
- dirty furniture
- broken furniture
- mediocre food at increasingly higher prices
- incorrect orders
- inconsistent portions

Every one of the issues seems easy to resolve through management that take pride in their store and have high expectations of their workers. The company as a whole just seem to not give a damn, and they’re cruising along as if brand recognition is going to ride them through another century. For the same issues to be so consistent across locations… Sorry folks, you serve food that people without teeth can chew with ease, your workers are trash, your restaurants are trash, and for what they charge for a meal I’d rather anything else

Old 08-05-2022, 07:44 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcl View Post
Poor guy doesn’t realize MCD pays him about what he’s worth. Maybe a little more. But that’s an aside. Most MCD I’ve been in over the past 3-5 years, and it hasn’t been often for obvious reasons, have:
- damp smell inside the store
- lots of insects flying around
- trash bags casually left in the open
- workers more engaged in conversation than work
- dirty furniture
- broken furniture
- mediocre food at increasingly higher prices
- incorrect orders
- inconsistent portions

Every one of the issues seems easy to resolve through management that take pride in their store and have high expectations of their workers. The company as a whole just seem to not give a damn, and they’re cruising along as if brand recognition is going to ride them through another century. For the same issues to be so consistent across locations… Sorry folks, you serve food that people without teeth can chew with ease, your workers are trash, your restaurants are trash, and for what they charge for a meal I’d rather anything else
It's amazing how Chik-Fil-A has none of these issues, isn't it? Every single one here is just astounding service, every single employee.

Old 08-05-2022, 07:46 AM

5,481 posts, read 6,314,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It's amazing how Chik-Fil-A has none of these issues, isn't it? Every single one here is just astounding service, every single employee.
Same here. My youngest (17) works at a Chik-Fil-A here in RI and loves it. It's amazing what a difference it makes when managers and employees give a crap, isn't it?

Old 08-05-2022, 07:58 AM

1,078 posts, read 629,985 times
Floor and Decor (FND) continues on its long-term growth trajectory:

+ 174 stores (still less than 10% of HD, or LOW)
+ Revenue up 26.7% YoY
+ Comp sales up 9.2% YoY
- Net income down 3.7% YoY
- $0.76 EPS (adjusted) up 4.1% YoY

I'll continue to add to my position.

Old 08-05-2022, 08:18 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,099,283 times
Quote:
Them, and also Culvers seem to hire good people.

Old 08-05-2022, 08:37 AM

5,481 posts, read 6,314,772 times
Adding more TROW this morning.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:26 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Wish me luck. I'm buying in end of close today. It's not fun watching my account get decimated by inflation. Might as well get decimated by the market. Woopwoop

Old 08-05-2022, 09:57 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,324,872 times
Quote:
Oh, it does in some places. The Chik-Fil-A staff here mostly avoid any conversation with customers. The dining room is clean at least, but it's also only been open a few months. The one I visited in Manhattan last week was a bit better, though I only ordered a drink there.

CFA's weakness IMHO is their flavor and quality. It's completely edible but is otherwise lackluster in an increasingly competitive fast-food chicken market. Even lolBK is holding its own in the chicken arena with CFA.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:02 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,324,872 times
Missed a few moves in the rush this week. Sold(!) a bit of both ADI and AVGO yesterday and rolled most of the proceeds into PG and TD. Holding some cash for one of my other dividend positions to dip (and holding some for the tax man who will want his cut of the sale).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing