Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 11:01 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
I would never invest in a pizza company for the same reasons I’ll never invest in McDonald’s. Long term trends are moving away from unhealthy dining options and the increasing cost of minimum wage labor will erode margins imo (as well as a ridiculous amount of competition in the space). There will always be a demand for cheap food but I see more and more people moving away from cheap food because it also equates to an unhealthy lifestyle and they don’t want their kids eating unhealthy options if it can be avoided (speaking on behalf of a young family with 3 kids).
Unhealthy....yes. Should I, in my 50's be eating McD's.... NO

Do I still like the taste of the food? Yep!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 11:08 AM

3,495 posts, read 2,181,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

The problem is that society is more aware than ever of the unhealthy side effects related to eating fast food more than once in a blue moon. As society continues to evolve, they will eat less and less of the stuff. It’s why McDonald’s has been shifting towards more “healthy” options in recent years. They’re trying to stay ahead of the trend and changing consumer preferences.

Old 03-01-2022, 11:10 AM

3,495 posts, read 2,181,809 times
The only exception I’ll make with this is Portillo’s. Also terribly unhealthy for you but at least the food is amazing. If you’re going to eat that unhealthy you damn better really enjoy it lol. Nice reference to Portillo’s in Ozark Season 4 btw

Old 03-01-2022, 11:23 AM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Plinking buys $PRI @128-123. Ave costing down.

Old 03-01-2022, 11:33 AM

5,474 posts, read 6,290,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
The only exception I’ll make with this is Portillo’s. Also terribly unhealthy for you but at least the food is amazing. If you’re going to eat that unhealthy you damn better really enjoy it lol. Nice reference to Portillo’s in Ozark Season 4 btw
I like Portillo's too, I've never eaten the food but have considered buying some shares and forgetting about them for 20 years. Same with BROS.

Old 03-01-2022, 12:45 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
$SLNH, @10.64 completed the lot.
I have no idea why this isn't taking off while $SDIG is

Old 03-01-2022, 12:52 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,332,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
I like Portillo's too, I've never eaten the food but have considered buying some shares and forgetting about them for 20 years. Same with BROS.
I would never pay for expensive coffee but I own BROS.

Lol.

Old 03-01-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
I would never pay for expensive coffee but I own BROS.

Lol.
Same here. I brew my own at home for pennies, but I want to own some BROS shares. What better combination is there than teenagers, caffeine, sugar and energy drinks lol?

Old 03-01-2022, 01:43 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

As do I. I LOVE McDonalds. I don't eat there much at all, really only when we are maybe on the road and have few options, or if I am in a hurry and just totally starving...but I love their cheeseburgers, and always have. In fact, a McDonald's double cheeseburger and Diet Coke - that combo has been my hangover cure for as long as I can remember. And it ALWAYS works. I have not had it recently, as the last time I had a hangover was so long ago...(I just don't drink hardly at all anymore and have not for years).

If there was a company I should be invested in, McDonald's would be certainly be one.

Old 03-01-2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
As do I. I LOVE McDonalds. I don't eat there much at all, really only when we are maybe on the road and have few options, or if I am in a hurry and just totally starving...but I love their cheeseburgers, and always have. In fact, a McDonald's double cheeseburger and Diet Coke - that combo has been my hangover cure for as long as I can remember. And it ALWAYS works. I have not had it recently, as the last time I had a hangover was so long ago...(I just don't drink hardly at all anymore and have not for years).

If there was a company I should be invested in, McDonald's would be certainly be one.
I can't do the burgers at McDonald any more, and their fries have gotten worse over the years. I love an Egg McMuffin and hash brown in the morning on occasion though. Iced coffee isn't bad there either, though not as good as Dunkin cold brew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing