Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2007, 07:08 PM

10 posts, read 44,429 times

Advertisements

I am looking into renting a place on Scott Blvd, which is on the Eastside of Iowa City in the Lemme School District. Anyone familiar with this area that can tell me about specific details. Is it quiet, friendly, info on Lemme School, shopping etc..
Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 11:21 AM

283 posts, read 1,027,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA Bound View Post
I am looking into renting a place on Scott Blvd, which is on the Eastside of Iowa City in the Lemme School District. Anyone familiar with this area that can tell me about specific details. Is it quiet, friendly, info on Lemme School, shopping etc..
Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Ia Bound!

Lemme is an excellent school. I would not hesitate to send my kids there. I know several people who have had kids there and they've been very happy. I think you would be happy with that choice!

Scott Boulevard is a fairly new road on the far east side of Iowa City that runs all the way to Dubuque street, so although it is a main thoroughfare, it is mostly residential areas from which people are using that road to travel back and forth from their homes to the downtown areas, university, etc. So although it's a well-used road, it's not horribly busy, and the area around there is very rural because it's on the edge of town (a lot of green space, and passes by farms etc) and the housing developments around there are very nice. Quiet, residential, family-friendly areas. If you want to PM me the specific address you're looking at, I can hopefully give you more information. Hope this helps!

Are there other people on this forum who are from Iowa City? Other perspectives and additional information would be welcome to Ia Bound, I am sure!!! It's easy for everyone to get drawn into the various "debates" about Iowa culture, people, etc on the other threads here, but it would be great if people could post information to these types of questions too!

Old 06-13-2007, 06:43 PM

10 posts, read 44,429 times
Thank you so much! You are ALWAYS so accommodating in providing helpful info! Have contacted you.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:16 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,239,539 times
The east side is much newer, nice houses, parks, middle-upper class families. You really won't have anything to "worry" about, and there's nothing that's going to be a surprise really.....

It's very easy to get downtown, or hop over to Coralville and shop. You can take Rochester out east and it dumps you right on I-80. 45 minutes to the Quad Cities, 3.5 hours to Chicago.

40 minutes up to Cedar Rapids.
1 hour 40 minutes to Des Moines.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:25 PM

4 posts, read 14,588 times
I am two blocks off of Scott Blvd., if you want any other info just ask.

Kim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City