Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 08:04 PM

296 posts, read 1,283,992 times

Advertisements

The "tornado comes to Wisteria Lane" episode of Desperate Housewives tonight was too funny for those of us who live in places where we actually have tornadoes... I know it's too much to hope that the writers of the show would do any research but Twister with Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton is pretty darned good... I mean, I've not seen any flying cows but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

They wrote a hurricane, not a tornado. A Tornado Watch means "go ahead and do whatever you're doing, but keep the radio on," not "A tornado will be here at 2:00 p.m, so rearrange your DayTimer." And a tornado is not heralded by gradually increasing winds... it is usually very calm. And usually hot and sticky and irritable. And often a funny color of green.

Pathetic. I mean, it's a big country, but c'mon... "I don't have any idea what the midwest is like so I'll just make it up out of whole cloth... no one will notice!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 08:44 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,417,211 times
Haha this just makes me glad i quit watching that show. :P

Speaking of twister, you can go see the house that the F5 misses in the end, its just east of Eldora and still has some damage from when they made the movie. (This is the scene where the movie ends and the camera gives an ariel view of Hardin County)

...random fact about iowa and twister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
View detailed profiles of: