Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM

8 posts, read 41,033 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Dubuque in the summer.. ( from Southern California.. yeah..yeah..I know..are we crazy? ) I am a fitness professional- spinning, Pilates, cardio kickboxing instructor as well a personal trainer. Anybody can tell me about good gyms and Pilates studios as well as what is the average pay for P.T and aerobic classes?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 05:05 PM

3 posts, read 15,047 times
Unfortuately Dubuque doesnt have a whole lot as far as pilates studios...We do have a few gyms..Anytime fitness, the Y , West Side fitness, and The Gym. The Gym and WestSide Fitness both do offer fitness classes. They both do have websites also
The Gym
Westside Fitness Salon & Spa - Customized Exercise Programs to Promote Personal Wellness

Old 01-28-2010, 08:30 PM

Thanks Kelly. I looked into those websites and the gyms seems pretty nice. Any insight what gym will you prefer?

Old 01-29-2010, 01:27 PM

3 posts, read 15,047 times
They are both really nice. I personally use the anytime fitness because it is close to where I am and alittle cheaper, however they dont offer any classes or anything of that nature. I know that there are always classes at the Y, The Gym and West Side though.
There isnt much as far as classes for spinning, yoga, pilates, or cardio kickboxing outside of the gym though...so if you dont have a membership there arent many options. (might be an oppertunity!!!)

Old 01-29-2010, 05:06 PM

Here's a thought!! I may look into opening a spin/Pilates studio... :-) See you in Dubuque in the summer!

Old 01-31-2010, 11:53 AM

14 posts, read 56,039 times
I would say the people here sure could use some fitness in their life, but not a good idea to startup a business like that here. I walk by Anytime Fitness e(veryday which is downtown Dubuque) and let me tell you, there is never and I mean never more than 2 people in that place at the same time.
People are not into healthy lifestyles here in Dubuque. It's more about drinking beer and eating like a pig. The girls here are all obese, yet they think that they are only a little chunky. lmao
They dont know the meaning of the word obese.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:58 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,906,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joefan1 View Post
I would say the people here sure could use some fitness in their life, but not a good idea to startup a business like that here. I walk by Anytime Fitness e(veryday which is downtown Dubuque) and let me tell you, there is never and I mean never more than 2 people in that place at the same time.
People are not into healthy lifestyles here in Dubuque. It's more about drinking beer and eating like a pig. The girls here are all obese, yet they think that they are only a little chunky. lmao
They dont know the meaning of the word obese.
Joe,

You could get some colorful responses to your post. LOL

Jasper

Old 02-01-2010, 12:58 PM

14 posts, read 56,039 times
Well I am trying to be honest with the guy. Starting a business is big bucks and I am trying to be a decent resource for him.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:52 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,906,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joefan1 View Post
Well I am trying to be honest with the guy. Starting a business is big bucks and I am trying to be a decent resource for him.
Perhaps the better business startup to satify clientele would be a beer drinking place with high caloric food.

Jasper

Old 02-02-2010, 01:44 PM

first of all.. I am not a guy and I do appreciate honesty. Of course I am not going to open a business right away.. it was a joke. But I am serious about getting a feeling about the fitness and health awerness in Dubuque, since that is what I love to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa