Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 01:36 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I will presume to present what I know. The Jesus of Christianity is not the Jesus of LDS. What I have stated is accurate.
Jesus Christ is Jesus Christ . . . what ANY humans THINK or BELIEVE about Him does NOT define Him or change Him. He is what He is, period. Bicker among yourselves to no avail . . . Jesus is Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 04:33 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
I will presume to present what I know. The Jesus of Christianity is not the Jesus of LDS. What I have stated is accurate.
And I will present what I know. I am a Latter-day Saint. I am also a Christian. The same Jesus Christ who died to atone for your sins also died to atone for mine. The same Jesus Christ who promises you eternal life also promises me eternal life. What you have stated is a lie. How would you like it if I "presumed to present" your beliefs dishonestly?

Old 11-07-2010, 09:51 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What you have stated is a lie. How would you like it if I "presumed to present" your beliefs dishonestly?
I don't wish to offend you. I have written what I have to believe based on my understanding.

AS to how would I like it if my beliefs were challenged? It happens all the time by atheists and secular humanist non-believers. I love you for seeking God, just as I do a Moslem, but feel compelled to warn you that there is a fatal error in your belief.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:14 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Further to my above post, I don't wish to grieve another sincere believer. I also don't want to be guilty of teaching error. I have a Book of Mormon in my bookshelf. If you will guide me to where in that work Jesus is cited as the creator of everything in existence I will be grateful for being corrected and will know that I have been misled about LDS theology.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:39 AM

202 posts, read 353,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And I will present what I know. I am a Latter-day Saint. I am also a Christian. The same Jesus Christ who died to atone for your sins also died to atone for mine. The same Jesus Christ who promises you eternal life also promises me eternal life. What you have stated is a lie. How would you like it if I "presumed to present" your beliefs dishonestly?
Aren't you going to become a God along with many many Mormon Gods before you along with your celestial family in the afterlife?

Can you explain the mason rituals that exist with in the mormon religion? I'd love to hear an explain from an LDSer. Thanks.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:43 AM

202 posts, read 353,001 times
Quote:
Exactly. We are told in the Bible that Satan will change himself into an angel of light. It was an angel of light that appeared to Mohammed ( Also to Joseph Smith). Jesus warned us to test the spirits and that any spirit that denied that Jesus was the son of God come to us in the flesh was not a spirit sent by God.

So why is Jesus called the Morning Star in the Bible, exactly the definition of Lucifer?? Do you not think that your bible has been changed/corrupted so that Jesus was made into Lucifer?

And no Bideshi, you are seriously mistaken when it comes to the Qur'an (that is how it's spelled, not Koran, spelling it as Koran you reveal yourself as a serious propagandist), the Qur'an was not inspired by Satan. I encourage you to visit a mosque anywhere in the world at prayer time. Your heart will know that this is something that could only come from the truly Divine, Allah, or God in your speak.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Further to my above post, I don't wish to grieve another sincere believer. I also don't want to be guilty of teaching error. I have a Book of Mormon in my bookshelf. If you will guide me to where in that work Jesus is cited as the creator of everything in existence I will be grateful for being corrected and will know that I have been misled about LDS theology.
I'd be happy to:

2 Nephi 9:5 Yea, I know that ye know that in the body he shall show himself unto those at Jerusalem, from whence we came; for it is expedient that it should be among them; for it behooveth the great Creator that he suffereth himself to become subject unto man in the flesh, and die for all men, that all men might become subject unto him.

Mosiah 3:8 And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary.

Helaman 14:12 And also that ye might know of the coming of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and of earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and that ye might know of the signs of his coming, to the intent that ye might believe on his name.

Last edited by Katzpur; 11-08-2010 at 08:50 AM..

Old 11-08-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I don't wish to offend you. I have written what I have to believe based on my understanding.
I can understand how a misunderstanding could happen, but when you are corrected by a practicing member of the Church, it would seem that your understanding would change. Instead, you assume that I either don't know my own religion or that I am lying about what I believe.

Last edited by Katzpur; 11-08-2010 at 08:49 AM..

Old 11-08-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
Aren't you going to become a God along with many many Mormon Gods before you along with your celestial family in the afterlife?
I have answered this question in Post #9 of my The Truth about Mormonism Revealed at Last thread in the Christianity forum.

Quote:
Can you explain the mason rituals that exist with in the mormon religion? I'd love to hear an explain from an LDSer. Thanks.
I'll do that later today, but I will do so in my The Truth about Mormonism Revealed at Last thread.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:06 AM

Bideshi and m92tiger, if I were the author of the OP of this thread, I would be really irritated at this point. The thread is supposed to be about Moses, not about Mormonism. I responded to Bideshi's first statement, thinking that a quick correction would be sufficient and that the thread would then return to the topic of the OP. I should have known better. Get people started on Mormonism and the sky's the limit. There is a thread in the Christianity subforum on the subject of Mormonism. It's called The Truth about Mormonism revealed at Last. Read the OP first, to see why I started the thread. Then post your question if you have one. Regardless of how you feel about Mormonism, please at least respect the author of this thread and get back to discussing the topic he wanted to discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam