Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:04 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,660,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
I just learned that all of Christianity is merely a cover for Godless Communism. I am too lazy to source this for you, but...

I trust the point is made?
I'm not sure...he'll have to weigh in on it...but I think this is what Mystic is talking about:

Dīn (دين, also anglicized as Deen) is an Arabic word commonly associated with Islam. The term is sometimes translated as "religion", but as used in the Qur'an, it refers both to the path along which righteous Muslims travel in order to comply with divine law, or Shari'a, and to the divine judgment or recompense to which all humanity must inevitably face without intercessors before God. Thus, although secular Muslims would say that their practical interpretation of Dīn conforms to "religion" in the restricted sense of something that can be carried out in separation from other areas of life, both mainstream and reformist Muslim writers take the word to mean an all-encompassing way of life carried out under the auspices of God's divine purpose as expressed in the Qur'an and hadith. As one notably progressive Muslim writer puts it, far from being a discrete aspect of life carried out in the mosque, "Islam is Dīn, a complete way of life".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 01:15 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,265,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You insist on focusing on extremist splinter groups . . . while I am addressing the intrinsic ethic that comprises the core deen itself. I am too lazy to source this for you . . .but here is an arabic sourced excerpt that should reveal the difference the word deen incorporates.The concept of the word deen in the Qur’an implies a comprehensive system of life that is composed of four parts:

1. The rulership and the authority belong to Allah (S.W.T.).
2. The obedience and submission to this rulership and authority by those who embraced this deen.
3. The comprehensive system (intellectual and practical) established by this authority (Allah).
4. The reward given by this authority (Allah) to those that followed the system and submitted to it and the punishment inflicted upon those who rebel against it and disobey it.

Based on this definition of deen, we can summarize that deen is a submission, following and worship by man for the creator, the ruler, the subjugator in a comprehensive system of life with all its belief, intellectual, moral and practical aspects.

After understanding this definition of the Arabic word deen, we realize that it is wrong to translate it to the English with the word "religion"

There is no provision in this for tolerance of any other religion or secular authority, period! Any that exist today are in a state of truce until the numbers and/or power relationships allow the complete subjugation to Allah and Sharia.

i'm an arab muslim who knows this word "deen" to mean a relegion .
actaully , if you asked me about the arabic word for relegion , i can find nothing but the word "Deen" to fit it

Old 12-18-2010, 11:00 AM

63,888 posts, read 40,157,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
actaully , if you asked me about the arabic word for relegion , i can find nothing but the word "Deen" to fit it
And a Muslim assuring an infidel that the deceptive use of the word religion is not deceptive is worth what exactly??? One word: Taqiyya

Old 12-18-2010, 11:03 AM

1,224 posts, read 4,002,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
And Christians allegiance is to Yahweh - the desert tribal war god of Israel

Bible god doesn't accept other religions either.

No different than Christians and The Bible..

If you honestly believe Christians are socially accepting of other relgions, then you need to visit the Bible belt.

Incorrect. The Constitution is based on secular Enlightenment principles, not Biblical.

The Bible is corrupt.

Neither does Christainity or The Bible.

Every government that was founded on Christian & Biblical principles was as well. That's why we have separation of religion and government in this country.

The USA is NOT "one nation under God". Our legitimate motto is "E Pluribus Unum" which means "From many, one". We have many Gods and beliefs but none of them define us as a nation.

Oh, and the Christian/Biblical god is anything but loving and kind...

Bam! I think I love you...

Old 12-18-2010, 11:06 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,839,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Theologically-No!...because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.

Religiously-No!...because no other religion is accepted by hi Allah except Islam. (Quran,2:256)

Scripturally-No!...because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran.

Geographically-No!...because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially-No!...because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically-No!...because he must submit to the mullahs (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically-No!...because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him. (Quran 4:34)

Intellectually-No!...because he cannot accept the American constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically-No!...because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran does not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot coexist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually-No!...because when we declare 'One nation under God,' the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as Heavenly Father, nor is he ever called Love in the Quran's 99 excellent names.

...The Blessings of The Eternal One, Yeshua Messiac, bring you joy...
Wow I'm surprised you're post wasn't censored.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:10 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Yay - another thread bashing one religion in the name of another religion. That's just what we need! Let's not forget to hate this time of year!

Old 12-18-2010, 11:16 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,508,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
What does the word "Muzdhab" mean?

(I don't speak arabic, sorry.)

Old 12-18-2010, 04:14 PM

593 posts, read 891,159 times
Of course Muslims can be a good americans. They are people just like you and me albeit in my opinion victims of a pagan religion (to a greater extent than so-called christian religions that also have non jesus mediators). Muslims are in bondage to a traditional and ancient religion based on the
moon god worship that they haven't a clue they worship Allah is arabic for God ,but in it's distorted path to the God of Abraham they have segwayed into a false prophet,worship of monuments that via history was another misdirection and adopting the interrupted lineage to God via Ishmael (not
a good idea "the sword". They are devote people and must be respected but to not counter their theology would be heresy and irresponsible.
They strongly adovcate their worship of God,but in their unintentional "inherited/programed" cult they haven't received the revelation(s) of Jesus
Christ" and feel as strongly in Mohammed (a forever dead prophet with no supernatural lineages to God) as we do in Christ. It's sad,strange albeit
bizzare human behavior ,but that's how they roll based on indocrination from childhood by fanatical parents and crazy clerics. Christians can be a can
of worms too although, they are mostly (not all) on the right path to God. People in general are a mixed bag of tuttie fruttie so you add religion and
they become tuttier and friuttier or find truth and are great Godlike people. Religion should just go away and we all should have a "direct" relationship
with Jesus without the paganism,doctrines ,mediators,symbols,monuments, or kneeling to the sun god. The later stuff is la la land.

Last edited by DASULAR17; 12-18-2010 at 04:33 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 07:03 PM

5 posts, read 4,919 times
Can a racist bigot be a good American?

Old 12-20-2010, 10:57 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,130,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberroseMI View Post
*Sigh* How did Christianity morph into this modern America-worshipping religion? That's all I want to know. It bothers me.
i dont know but i do know you're not supposed to worship idols. america is definitely an 'idol'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam