Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 05:16 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,043,380 times

Advertisements

You see finalmessage many of us don't require proof. It does not matter the correctness. That is a Muslim and Christian idea. Our spiritual path is just that ours and for us it is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 05:20 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
You see finalmessage many of us don't require proof. It does not matter the correctness. That is a Muslim and Christian idea. Our spiritual path is just that ours and for us it is right.
it seems as though this is something that both Muslims and Christians cannot grasp.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 PM

439 posts, read 556,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
it seems as though this is something that both Muslims and Christians cannot grasp.

what are your thoughts regarding Moses, Jesus and Mohammed?

Old 12-17-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post

Well from what I know about them, Moses and Mohammed I don't think too much about, their of no particular interest to me and as for Jesus, he was just a teacher, a good storyteller, but they were all just men of their own time. I don't see any of them as prophets.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:17 AM

563 posts, read 929,890 times
Quote:
I can only speak for myself and those who believe as I do, but you must understand there are many nations of the native people in this land that have various different beliefs but the basics are similar, the one thing we do have in common is the belief in a Creator, he may be called by different names amongst the native people of this land and that varies from tribe to tribe. I can tell you of the Keetoowah Spirituality of which my belief comes from, we are Tsalagi pronounced Jah-la-kee (Cherokee). We the Keetoowah People believe that all life must be respect, and that its Creator deserves our love. Humanity should walk in balance with all creation. We believe that the earth is our Grandmother and teacher; her ways and truths are to be studied. We believe in honoring our elders. They teach that at the end of our life walk, we should leave no tracks other than our families and our students. Our worship includes all acts of learning traditional ways, everything involved in achieving the correct position in relation to one's own path, family, community, nation, and Creation as a whole. Diet is an individual choice, but all food is respect because it can change life and consciousness. Among my people our summer ceremonies are held outside in a Sacred Circle established in the forest. In winter all activities are moved indoors. For Keetoowahs, the practice of meditation is the highest act of living. Each step is considered a prayer to life by all of the Creator's children, who are taught to walk lightly upon Grandmother Earth and to respect others.osay
Is this a religion (or way) that is only available to native peoples, or are you accepting of outsiders that pursue those ways and desire to become part of that group?

Old 12-22-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
Is this a religion (or way) that is only available to native peoples, or are you accepting of outsiders that pursue those ways and desire to become part of that group?
WonderingWanderer, you ask a good question that I have never been asked before so presently I don't know how to answer it. Let me say that what I do know is that this particular belief is mostly of the Tsalagi people and is passed on from generation to generation through the families of the clan, now I am in the Elder of my exceptionally large family and I am the 24th generation of my family that we can follow back to, so I have a very large family. I know of nothing preventing you from wanting to learn our ways and they are very simple and I believe you read them in my last post, those are the basics and that is where you start. I will say that if you have any questions you can always speak with me and I will do my best to answer.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
the religion without a true reference is like a city without police and without court and without laws.

it is a mess.

"true" reference point. How each of us connects to the creator/G-d just that our way.

You call it a mess, but in reality it is not. It is just not your way or a way that you understand.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:

Moses was a prophet.

Jesus was a Jewish man who was learned in Torah, was a rabbi with a following. But he never left Judaism. He was a religious Jew, who celebrated the Jewish holidays and traditions.

Muhammad was a man who believed he was visited by an angel who gave him revelations from G-d. But he was not a prophet. He was a warrior who sought to spread Islam and he did by the sword.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:

No they can't and it is because they believe they have the only truth. When you believe you have the only truth and you might end up in hell if you get it wrong then you have to have proofs because that shows them the truth.

Real spirituality needs no proofs, it just is.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:12 AM

563 posts, read 929,890 times
Quote:
WonderingWanderer, you ask a good question that I have never been asked before so presently I don't know how to answer it. Let me say that what I do know is that this particular belief is mostly of the Tsalagi people and is passed on from generation to generation through the families of the clan, now I am in the Elder of my exceptionally large family and I am the 24th generation of my family that we can follow back to, so I have a very large family. I know of nothing preventing you from wanting to learn our ways and they are very simple and I believe you read them in my last post, those are the basics and that is where you start. I will say that if you have any questions you can always speak with me and I will do my best to answer.
As I read through some more of your posts, I recognize a familiar spirit. Through my life, I have been one that has built his own "religion." Which it's really not a "religion" per se, but having read and studied much, picking what I can test as true, and casting away man-made additions, I have ended up with a place I am peaceful with living.
What drew my attention to your explanation is how you described the age of the beliefs and how they are internalized. I think this is what I've always tried to reach. The point of respecting the creator through what you know in your spirit. Essentially, "I know what I know". Or maybe I'm just crazy.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam