Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,670,880 times

Advertisements

there are many harmful effects of eating pork
but even if there are no harmful effects we do not eat pork because Allah ordered us not to eat it.

Allah ordered Adam and Eve not to get near a certain tree let alone eat from it and they disobeyed and Allah punished them by expelled from the Garden.
Islam Question and Answer - A Christian is asking about the reason for the prohibition on pork

some one could say we have been eating pork for many many years and no punishment to us is done ,
well this is not the only sin , there is intoxicant and adultery and gambling and pederasty
and the life of a person does not end by death but his phase of his life ends on earth
and he starts another new phase of life until the day of Resurrection and then he start his last phase of life that has no end in Hell or paradise .

some will be in Hell for ever and some will be for a certain period of time
and because there will be no end a billion years is considred a certain period.

the door of repentance is open all time but will be closed when the sun rise from west or the soul gets out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 05:51 AM

1 posts, read 516 times
All these posts are very old but as someone who is getting increasingly by moslems in the uk demanding 'this' meat be removed or refusing to serve 'that' drink to a non moslem I wanted to know why they have the hatred for pigs and pork products. As I expected the reasons for not eating pork were quite rational but the refusal to touch, smell or even build where pigs blood has been spilt is primitive and totally ridiculous...

Old 03-01-2016, 07:27 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoce View Post
All these posts are very old but as someone who is getting increasingly by moslems in the uk demanding 'this' meat be removed or refusing to serve 'that' drink to a non moslem I wanted to know why they have the hatred for pigs and pork products. As I expected the reasons for not eating pork were quite rational but the refusal to touch, smell or even build where pigs blood has been spilt is primitive and totally ridiculous...
The prohibition is for us to not deliberately eat pork without a valid reason. Pork and ork products can be used and eaten if a condition exists in which that is the only way to preserve a life.

There is no prohibition about building where pigs blood has been spilt.

We do believe that eating pork products is a violation of a command given to all people by God(swt), it is not just Muslims that obey that command so do Sabeeans, Jews and some Christians.

this nonsense about a phobic fear of pigs is ridiculous and not related to Islam. There are Muslims that raise pigs on their farms, just not for the purpose of eating them. They do serve a valid purpose and like all animals are to be treated with kindness and not deliberately harmed. Now if a Muslim has a Grocery store he is forbidden to sell pork for food in it as that would be enabling people to commit a sin(eating pork) Just as he would not sell or have alcoholic beverages in his store.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:51 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,514,597 times
No beer?
No unconditional love from a pet dog?
No BACON?
What is there left that makes life worth living?

I think I understand why ISIS nutters are so happy to strap on a Semtex vest.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:56 AM

189 posts, read 361,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
every culture and religion has its traditions and habits, just don't force them on eachother and we'll all be getting along fine...to each his own...some eat dogs, some don't eat beef, some eat no meat at all, ....we all have our reasons and whatever works for you is fine.

Some have sex with children and see no problem with it. That don't work for me. I'll stick with eating pork.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:43 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoce View Post
I wanted to know why they have the hatred for pigs and pork products.

I occasionally contemplate some of the 'rules' that were created and passed down thousands of years ago, and consider the reasons as to why and how they might have come about. The biblical prohibition against pork is one of those things I have considered.

Some rational thought about the level of knowledge at that time has led me to draw a conclusion regarding this particular 'rule'.

Pigs (and some other animals) can host a roundworm known as Trichinella (often, T. spiralis).

Consuming under-cooked meat which hosts this parasite, in which the parasite is not killed, can result in the transfer of the parasite to the human, and the human may become ill with Trichinosis.

It is my opinion that some thousands of years ago, some folks observed that some people became ill after eating pork, and correctly correlated the illness with the fact that it occurred as a result of consuming the meat. They did not possess the knowledge or education to determine exactly *why* people became ill, though they were able to observe the cause and effect.

The reasoning, such as it was, would have been simple and sound- people who ate pig became severely ill and died. People who did not eat pig, did not get the illness. Therefore, eating pig caused illness and death, so there must be something wrong with it, and it was 'unclean'.

The simple solution, given their level of knowledge, was to make a rule 'don't eat pig'.

In these modern times we are now well aware of what causes trichinosis, and that it can be prevented by cooking the meat sufficiently to kill the parasite. The rule persists among certain cultures because it has been around for so long, they are not aware of the reason why it came about, and they simply accept it as a 'rule' that must be followed.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:52 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No beer?
No BACON?

We are permitted to have dogs. We can not keep one as a prisoner. To have a dog it can not be chained or confined in a house and must have adequate space to run freely. We also believe that no animal (not just dogs)n are to be kept as pets. We should not have any animal unless we need it for a purpose. Some acceptable purposes to have a dog are: for protection, herding livestock, for hunting, as a personal assistance dog.

My wife has a PAD (Patriot Assistance Dog) as my wife suffers from Military Service related PTSD

Here we are at a recent TV interview

Old 03-01-2016, 09:53 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
No beer?
No BACON?

Semtex vest does not make life worth living for. Therefore this too is out.
Beer is not out; just alcohol that makes you tipsy.
ISIS are not nutters but hornets; the nutters keep dropping bombs at them and then complain when the hornets follow them and terrorize them.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:58 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times
And of course we too have had dogs both here in Britain and in Kashmir (where I was born and lived for first 15 years).

Old 03-01-2016, 12:08 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I occasionally contemplate some of the 'rules' that were created and passed down thousands of years ago, and consider the reasons as to why and how they might have come about. The biblical prohibition against pork is one of those things I have considered.

Some rational thought about the level of knowledge at that time has led me to draw a conclusion regarding this particular 'rule'.

Pigs (and some other animals) can host a roundworm known as Trichinella (often, T. spiralis).

Consuming under-cooked meat which hosts this parasite, in which the parasite is not killed, can result in the transfer of the parasite to the human, and the human may become ill with Trichinosis.

It is my opinion that some thousands of years ago, some folks observed that some people became ill after eating pork, and correctly correlated the illness with the fact that it occurred as a result of consuming the meat. They did not possess the knowledge or education to determine exactly *why* people became ill, though they were able to observe the cause and effect.

The reasoning, such as it was, would have been simple and sound- people who ate pig became severely ill and died. People who did not eat pig, did not get the illness. Therefore, eating pig caused illness and death, so there must be something wrong with it, and it was 'unclean'.

The simple solution, given their level of knowledge, was to make a rule 'don't eat pig'.

In these modern times we are now well aware of what causes trichinosis, and that it can be prevented by cooking the meat sufficiently to kill the parasite. The rule persists among certain cultures because it has been around for so long, they are not aware of the reason why it came about, and they simply accept it as a 'rule' that must be followed.
What about some other pieces of modern day scientific knowledge that was documented thousands of years ago - How do you explain that?

for example, the formation of embryo and the stages it goes through. There wasn't any x-ray or ultra sound machines available then.

How about the mention of Pulsars ?

or how about the coming up with the fact that iron is an alien element that is not a product of planet earth,?

How about, "water being the major component that every living thing is made with"?

or Mountains being pegged in the ground?

or the continuous expansion of the Universe?

Do some research and see if it's all truth, as this was all mentioned 1400 years ago. And then ask yourself this question, "Aren't these the signs?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam