Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 07:16 PM

584 posts, read 598,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz51 View Post
why do jews hate everyone not jewish?
That is a pathetically ignorant and bigoted statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 07:41 PM

84 posts, read 198,797 times
but so true

Old 09-20-2012, 07:48 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz51 View Post
but so true
Speaking as a Muslim with numerous Jewish friends I can say you are in error. I have had many very constructive and peaceful discussion with people of the Jewish faith on these forums also and in real life. even when we disagree I have been treated with peaceful answers.

People are individuals. there are good and bad in all faiths. races and nationalities. Stereotyping any group is hatred.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:09 PM

10 posts, read 17,603 times
Eating pork is prohibited in Islam. Well, scientifically, we know the following "there is worm lives in pork meat called "Trichinella spiralis" which is responsible for the disease trichinosis. The small adult worms mature in the intestines of an intermediate host such as a pig. Humans can be infected by eating infected pork. They can cause traumatic damage to the host tissue, and the waste products they excrete can provoke an immunological reaction.The resulting inflammation can cause symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, sweating and diarrhea. Five to seven days after the appearance of symptoms, facial edema and fever may occur. After 10 days, intense muscular pain, difficulty breathing, weakening of pulse and blood pressure, heart damage and various nervous disorders may occur, eventually leading to death due to heart failure, respiratory complications or kidney malfunction.

I hope I could make this clear.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:37 PM

I suspect that the link between pork restrictions and trichinosis is more speculative internet lore than fact. When searching for reasons, there are far better candidates.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:54 PM

10 posts, read 17,603 times
It is ok, I know that most of the western people always suspect our religion.
But this is our Quran, full of scientific facts that many of them have been recently discovered just like the black holes that were first discovered in 1970 while we already know it in our Quran 1400 years ago.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My-Heaven View Post
It is ok, I know that most of the western people always suspect our religion.
But this is our Quran, ...
You misunderstand me. I'm a Jew. I have great respect for your dietary laws, and I have little doubt but that they served a valuable (and rational) function. I simply do not believe trichinosis was the principal culprit. Perhaps I'll start a thread in the parent forum where we might discuss it.

L'shalom/salaam, JS

Old 09-28-2012, 10:31 AM

102 posts, read 143,481 times
Because they continued the tradition of the Jews (in the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament), even though their (supposed) Prophet Jesus Christ abolished said dietary Law.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
every culture and religion has its traditions and habits, just don't force them on eachother and we'll all be getting along fine...to each his own...some eat dogs, some don't eat beef, some eat no meat at all, ....we all have our reasons and whatever works for you is fine.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,014 times
Pigs are known to sit in there own dirt, causing them to have dirty meat. Muslim are supposed to treat their bodies like temples, inside and out. That's why piercing, tattoos, and things of that nature are forbidden. But there's a old story someone told me when i was younger; A long time ago allah put all the spirits of the devil into pigs, so by eating a pig and/or hog and/or bore you're choosing to follow the path of evil spirits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam